Reaperbryan

Reapercon Admission Tickets/Badges

309 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

Not an emergency, but FYI the page to reset your password (because I'm forgetful) at least on my phone, the text blends right into the purple background. It's the page that tells you that the system has sent you an email with instructions to reset. I had to highlight it to be able read it. I don't know if it's better on a desktop browser, as the Reapercon site is blocked on my work computer.

This one should be fixed now.

And i suspect now that other pages may have the same flaw but it's a super easy fix so if anybody finds it, let me know (I know the individual pages for artists under the reapercon gallery pages used to be broken but I fixed them a while back)

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

*looks at randomness thread*

Pretty sure we could fill the boring bits.:lol:

What's your favorite thing that you haven't shown yet?

Honestly I'm not sure which models in the studio are B4 and Rcon17 or just regular upcoming releases anymore 

7 people like this

Shout out to Bryan for fixing a few nagging things on the back end! And for responding to PMs and forum posts during his lunch. I don't know if you're just that dedicated, or if repeated kickstarter fulfillments have broken your sense of what normal is. Either way, we appreciate it!

5 people like this

Just now, terminalmancer said:

Shout out to Bryan for fixing a few nagging things on the back end! And for responding to PMs and forum posts during his lunch. I don't know if you're just that dedicated, or if repeated kickstarter fulfillments have broken your sense of what normal is. Either way, we appreciate it!

Mostly I was honestly intending to post things closer to 10 am than 11:30, and expected to have the time to debug as part of my normal routines - and I had hoped I had tested everything thoroughly enough that no debugging was required.

Turns out that I had changed how the database recorded that an item counted as an admission, so that the computer would see that you had a valid admission and therefore could be allowed to buy other things, and the new streamlined process worked. Except that i forgot to tune the individual ITEMS to have that flag activated....

7 people like this

7 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

... and I had hoped I had tested everything thoroughly enough that no debugging was required.

It's good to have life goals. ::P:

I wrote a program once that didn't have any bugs. It was 11 lines long and did nothing useful at all.

8 people like this

The Wallpapers are doing funky things on mobile:

First shot:

Screenshot_20170626-142305.thumb.png.81222f628da44ac43eff747ff3af49b2.png

Swiped to the left:

Screenshot_20170626-142315.thumb.png.9821fb5ffda8915235b7f196c438fd06.png

9 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

It's good to have life goals. ::P:

I wrote a program once that didn't have any bugs. It was 11 lines long and did nothing useful at all.

well, I mean, my code worked. I just hadn't properly flagged items that were written after the code was changed, where when i had made the code, i remembered to change the existing items. I'm calling it a victory

3 minutes ago, Aryanun said:

The Wallpapers are doing funky things on mobile:

Yes, they will do that.

The classes table will behave funky on mobile, also.  I strongly encourage users NOT to use phones to sign up for classes - the tables are written to have fixed pixel dimensions (this goes for the tables with the wallpaper, also) and the background  also has a fixed dimension, and ON MOBILE the two are different.

This is not a bug i am even remotely going to spend days rewriting the display code to make it play nice on a phone.

7 people like this

17 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

well, I mean, my code worked. I just hadn't properly flagged items that were written after the code was changed, where when i had made the code, i remembered to change the existing items. I'm calling it a victory

Yes, they will do that.

The classes table will behave funky on mobile, also.  I strongly encourage users NOT to use phones to sign up for classes - the tables are written to have fixed pixel dimensions (this goes for the tables with the wallpaper, also) and the background  also has a fixed dimension, and ON MOBILE the two are different.

This is not a bug i am even remotely going to spend days rewriting the display code to make it play nice on a phone.

I understand your recommendation.  Howeber, it classes go on sale during a weekday I will regretfully disregard it as I will not be able to register for classes otherwise.  Unfortunately the RCon site (but none of the other Reaper sites) is blocked from work.

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I understand your recommendation.  Howeber, it classes go on sale during a weekday I will regretfully disregard it as I will not be able to register for classes otherwise.  Unfortunately the RCon site (but none of the other Reaper sites) is blocked from work.

I'd like to encourage you to start exploring the reapercon.com/classes page on your Mobile NOW so you can be familiar with how the tables extend beyond the page edges.

And I can promise that they will go on sale on a weekday, as it's the kind of thing I have to do manually, and for security reasons I have no remote access (I can remote in on my laptop, but I travel with that, and should it get stolen it would compromise a good many systems, so it has a very different access structure to my main computer). Not only that, it's likely to happen earlier in the day rather than later, mostly for debugging purposes. (my experience is ALWAYS that my live code needs a tweak or two even if i think It's ready)

10 people like this

8 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

You could always take the day off... 

2 people like this

49 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

It's basically just a data issue at that point, right? :)

25 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

The classes page works better in landscape mode than portrait.

For anyone having to use mobile for classes, I advise having your list of classes and times with a backup selection already prepared (I went so far as having backups for my backups before having to cancel all my plans). It will help you manuever through the class listings quickly.

5 people like this

My question go lost due to I did a edit right as you answered, Bryan.

Will there be a special Con mouseling this year or is Concrud replacing that one?

Gotta have  a mouseling!!!

30 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

You could always take the day off... 

I will fake some kind of lady related malady to go home to buy classes if necessary.

I think the word "game" must be in the metadata for the Reapercon site, as it's the only Reaper related website that's blocked on my work computer, and it wasn't always.

5 people like this

13 minutes ago, haldir said:

My question go lost due to I did a edit right as you answered, Bryan.

Will there be a special Con mouseling this year or is Concrud replacing that one?

Gotta have  a mouseling!!!

There is not a plan right now to also have a Mouseling as part of the SWAG or VIP bags. 

2 people like this