Reaperbryan

Reapercon Admission Tickets/Badges

15 minutes ago, Aryanun said:

The classes page works better in landscape mode than portrait.

For anyone having to use mobile for classes, I advise having your list of classes and times with a backup selection already prepared (I went so far as having backups for my backups before having to cancel all my plans). It will help you manuever through the class listings quickly.

This is completely true regardless of whether you're on phone, laptop, or desktop. It used to be that, with only a few minutes before everything sold out, you needed to make your decisions fast. Now, there are so many classes that it simply helps to have thought about it in advance! (And you'll have a bit of a chance to get the classes that still do fill up fast--there were a few, last year.)

2 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

I will fake some kind of lady related malady to go home to buy classes if necessary.

I think the word "game" must be in the metadata for the Reapercon site, as it's the only Reaper related website that's blocked on my work computer, and it wasn't always.

There's usually a combination of automated text analysis and human mediation that creates those things. I think the Reapercon site is almost entirely sans metadata, in any event.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

This is completely true regardless of whether you're on phone, laptop, or desktop. It used to be that, with only a few minutes before everything sold out, you needed to make your decisions fast. Now, there are so many classes that it simply helps to have thought about it in advance! (And you'll have a bit of a chance to get the classes that still do fill up fast--there were a few, last year.)

There's usually a combination of automated text analysis and human mediation that creates those things. I think the Reapercon site is almost entirely sans metadata, in any event.

Metadata is nowhere near as important to search engines as it was before Google reinvented the concept of web searches. I actually looked, and the site has no tags at all in the metadata. It does, however, have games in the menu and several pages that talk about games. any spider hunting for games sites could easily make that mistake. It's not hard to key in on a site's NAV and see the term games in there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Reaperbryan said:

I'd like to encourage you to start exploring the reapercon.com/classes page on your Mobile NOW so you can be familiar with how the tables extend beyond the page edges.

And I can promise that they will go on sale on a weekday, as it's the kind of thing I have to do manually, and for security reasons I have no remote access (I can remote in on my laptop, but I travel with that, and should it get stolen it would compromise a good many systems, so it has a very different access structure to my main computer). Not only that, it's likely to happen earlier in the day rather than later, mostly for debugging purposes. (my experience is ALWAYS that my live code needs a tweak or two even if i think It's ready)

Oh I will.  I used a mobile device last year too so I'm aware of the limitations.  I'll deal.  I wasn't expecting you to have to cater to my situation.  I'm mean I'm important, but not that important. ::P:

1 hour ago, David Brawley said:

You could always take the day off... 

But I need the time off to attend ReaperCon!

• Like 5

Comp time for random days off for buying tickets...

Vacation days for ReaperCon... and at least six other conventions I can't afford to go to... the terrible dilemna of working for the state... 

Just glad we will know when classes are going on sale before payday so I can structure how bad my wife's birthday month is going to be! :down:

I know I'll be broke, we'll just have to see how bad it will be... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reaperbryan said:

There is not a plan right now to also have a Mouseling as part of the SWAG or VIP bags. 

depositphotos_63462971-stock-illustratio

Oh well there are more then enough goodies so far thou!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

Metadata is nowhere near as important to search engines as it was before Google reinvented the concept of web searches. I actually looked, and the site has no tags at all in the metadata. It does, however, have games in the menu and several pages that talk about games. any spider hunting for games sites could easily make that mistake. It's not hard to key in on a site's NAV and see the term games in there.

Exactly correct for search. Although for "website block lists" used by companies to block web pages from the business network, you usually see some of that and a bunch of hand-managed entries...

Just now, haldir said:

depositphotos_63462971-stock-illustratio

Oh well there are more then enough goodies so far thou!

Sounds to me like you should sign up for a sculpting class and sculpt your own!

If he learned to sculpt, who would run so many of the game sessions?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Grayfax said:

If he learned to sculpt, who would run so many of the game sessions?

That & my sculpt would look like next version of the Blob. Besides I love Gene's mouseling sculpts!! :wub:

Question: In regards to the VIP extra ticket.

So that ticket doesn't include the dinners. Looking at the total price of the dinners, it comes to $90 dollars (3 x $25, 1 x $15). Adding that to the ticket cost ($125) comes up to the same as the normal VIP purchase ($215). Now is there a Swag bag with the ViP extra ticket? If not, I might as well just get the regular VIP ticket, as the total for that would be $255 I'm not saving anything, I'm paying more for what I'd normally want. I'd offer the admission ticket to someone that was going at least. Granted I may not want every dinner this year. Like some, some of the dinners (Saturday IIRC) didn't agree with me so I'm not entirely sure I'll get everyone of them, but the MnG & Rudy's for sure!! 

I'm just trying to clear things up before purchasing.

• Like 2

A question on the paints.  They are all labeled "retro".  Does this mean they are all former Reaper paint colors making a limited ReaperCon return?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Harrek said:

A question on the paints.  They are all labeled "retro".  Does this mean they are all former Reaper paint colors making a limited ReaperCon return?

They're all limited revisions inspired by old Pro-Paints that are no longer available. The original pro-Paint series colors.

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

They're all limited revisions inspired by old Pro-Paints that are no longer available. The original pro-Paint series colors.

Going all-out to get me there this year, I see.  Well you'll get your wish.  Might regret it, but you'll get it.  And if you see me with a suspicious sack it's just laundry.  Paint-shaped laundry.

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

What a fabulous idea!  Any chance to get the list of what they were inspired by?  Hmmm, I bet others who have been around awhile could probably answer that!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Going all-out to get me there this year, I see.  Well you'll get your wish.  Might regret it, but you'll get it.  And if you see me with a suspicious sack it's just laundry.  Paint-shaped laundry.

Now that'll be weird, goblin in person & goblin pre-gen for We Be Goblins in the same place. Might be some fireworks happening this year!!!

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

And a THIRD thing to note - the items going on sale today are NOT limited in quantity. We will make what we need to make to satisfy demand, so no attendees will "miss out" on getting an admission ticket, extra bag, or goodies, simply because they were not near a computer today. 

Thank you very much for that.

16 hours ago, David Brawley said:

You could always take the day off... 

That's my plan. I've got about a month's worth of vacation time to use, and if that fails, I'll call in dead.

• Like 4

Bryan, if I'm remembering correctly, admission will be available at the door, but I think admission stopped being available on the Reapercon site about a month beforehand. Will that be the case this year or is there some other rough deadline you can give? Asking for budgeting purposes. I was thinking about buying my ticket at the end of August, but will switch some things around if I need to buy it sooner.

• Like 1