Reaperbryan

Reapercon Admission Tickets/Badges

293 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

It'll be a nice break from roleplaying.

As I said there is a Buglips pre-gen. He's a ninja.....

6 people like this

6 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

Nah. It's a pale grey-blue, because ghost White was too blue-white, not grey enough. It's essentially what you'd get if you tried to make Ghost White using the HD color Winter Blue as the starting point instead of a more traditional Blue.

Which means I'll need 4 bottles.. ok so maybe I'll be at 500 bottles of Reaper paint by the end of RCon.. 

3 people like this

5 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I haven't forgotten your superhooman efforts to secure me some very fancy swag bags, so I'm looking forward to meeting you in particular.  I'll be around and easy to find because I won't be doing any classes this time.  After this RCon, since all the groundwork will be in place and I'll have some idea what's going on, subsequent ones should be much easier to attend.

I'll be sure to bring a stanky shoe to wave around to attract you.

3 people like this

If we get in on the table do we have to play sockless?!?

I can see that one single game might fill up fast... you sure you don't want to run it more than that?

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

As it currently is, I won't be able to make it this year, but I am interested in the SWAG bag.

Assuming extra bags will be available after RCon, should I assume they will be slightly more expensive than during the event (like $50 in previous years instead of $40)?

the extra bags for Non-Attendees will be a store item on Reapermini.com as it has been in previous years, and the price is likely to be $50 as before.

4 people like this

ok, so I decided that since saturday is my birthday I'd buy myself a nice VIP bag since I know I'm going to buy all the stuff that's in it anyway in october.  Saves time!

Yay!!!!  Stuff!!!

13 people like this

On 6/27/2017 at 9:29 PM, Grayfax said:

If we get in on the table do we have to play sockless?!?

I can see that one single game might fill up fast... you sure you don't want to run it more than that?

As much as I'd like to run it more then once, Thursday is my only day to get to the factory this year. I totally missed going last year & I'm not going to make that mistake again.

5 people like this

1 hour ago, Corporea said:

ok, so I decided that since saturday is my birthday I'd buy myself a nice VIP bag since I know I'm going to buy all the stuff that's in it anyway in october.  Saves time!

Yay!!!!  Stuff!!!

Congratulations!  My wife's is on Saturday as well.  Sadly, she will be filming all day for a local movie... though that gives me extra time to try and find something considering payday is the same day.

7 people like this

1 hour ago, Corporea said:

Yay!!!!  Stuff!!!

Sunday is my birthday!

11 people like this

except supposedly we're gemini's now instead of cancers.  I still can't get used to that!  Happy Birthday Fellow Cancers!!! Don't work too hard.

Bryan did you buy a VIP bag for your birthday?  I can share some of my swag with you.  You can have my paint. I can beg Anne to make me more...

5 people like this

Just now, Corporea said:

except supposedly we're gemini's now instead of cancers.  I still can't get used to that!  Happy Birthday Fellow Cancers!!! Don't work too hard.

Bryan did you buy a VIP bag for your birthday?  I can share some of my swag with you.  You can have my paint. I can beg Anne to make me more...

I did not. I have access to the models and paints through my work though.

And I think I refuse to be a Gemini. I like being crabby.

Still, I will try to remember to raise a glass to you on either your birthday or mine, and allow me to preemptively wish for you that your day is filled with warmth and affection.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Corporea said:

Wait... what?!?! I am now married to a Gemini?!?

And Bryan is getting "Moon Moon" so he's all set, thanks!

*** GASP!!!  ***

And now... I'm supposed to be Aries instead of Taurus?!?!?

First Pluto... and now THIS?!?!?

Edited by Grayfax
5 people like this

4 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Wait... what?!?! I am now married to a Gemini?!?

In the last few years, one of the branches of astrology that's less well known to the public - the "Sidereal Astrology" chart (as opposed to "Tropical", which is the one most people would think of when asked) - was modified to add a 13th zodiac sign, to reflect the Sun's movement through our galaxy (and axial procession through the equinoxes across millennia), and that the backdrop of visible stars is now slightly different than it was 2,500 years ago. This addition shortened the window of time for each of the 12 commonly known houses, shifted each of them slightly, and added the sign of Ophiuchus (the serpent bearer).  Further adjustments were made to the chart, reflecting the amount of time the Sun actually appeared within the constellation, using modern Astronomical techniques to establish the scientific boundaries of a Constellation, meaning some signs last 6 days (Scorpio), others last 45 (Virgo).

As a result of these changes, Gemini now extends into the early parts of July.

There was a very silly thread about this in Beekeepers at the time this made headlines in some papers and across Facebook.

Specific information can be found on wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Berg_(astrologer)

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Oh... so Beekeepers has readable material?  I thought it was all flame wars and religiopolitical manifestations!  And wow... I didn't realize this was in 2011 1995?... where was I at the time?  Oh yeah, getting married!  Thanks for the link!

*** Removes Caution Cones *** 

"Show's over folks... back to purchasing your tickets and swag bags!"

"Move along... move along"

Edited by Grayfax
3 people like this

6 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Oh... so Beekeepers has readable material?  I thought it was all flame wars and religiopolitical manifestations!  And wow... I didn't realize this was in 2011 1995?... where was I at the time?  Oh yeah, getting married!  Thanks for the link!

*** Removes Caution Cones *** 

"Show's over folks... back to purchasing your tickets and swag bags!"

"Move along... move along"

There's a lot of political conversation, but no flame wars. It's almost always very civil. In fact, I'm usually the angriest poster in there. Right now topics include Spoilered for those who don't care:

• Spoiler

• The current status of congressional efforts regarding the ACA
    • Nerd Girls (kind of a beekeepers friendly OTR thread)
    • Racism in America
    • Appropriate use of cultural iconography in miniatures and in other areas of our society
    • Suicide
    • A thread to post Political/editorial Cartoons
    • Sexism and Wonder Woman
    • Sexism and Chainmail Bikinis
    • FBI, Comey, Russia
    • Political fatigue
    • Nerd Boys (a companion thread to Nerd girls)
    • Personal Forum member voluntary medical and life discussion, as support group and catharsis.
    • marijuana, medical and recreational
    • credit card fraud.
    • Syria
    • School Vouchers

Other topics are there, too, but those are on the first page of results.

Please note, if you're joining this thread right now that we will not permit discussions on these topics HERE, I mention them in case someone is curious to join beekeepers. I will say that in general the 'Keepers become relatively close knit, even when we argue. We tend towards civil debate, with all posters bringing various levels of links, evidence, and in some cases professional expertise. There is no tolerance for "Da Other Side Am EVIL!!!!!1!!1!!!!1!

9 people like this