• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pochi
      Another monster for my Dungeons & Dragons games. I used the Olive Skin Triad with a bit of the Dark Skin triad for shadows. I used Army Painter Chaotic Red mixed with skintones for the back of the wings. I used Reaper Clear Yellow on the underside of the wings, Clear Purple in the shadows, and Clear red to do a glaze on the back of the wings. I love the clear paints! They are getting to be about as invaluable to me as Nightshade Purple!

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, this was my entry in Reaper's Facebook Paint Your Giant contest. 77178, Fire Giant Warrior, Dark Heaven Bones model sculpted by Jason Wiebe. It is mounted on a 74027, Ruins Vignette Base, a resin base sculpted by Patrick Keith. This model is huge, 7cm high and 13cm wide with the sword. I did some minor conversion on it.   A heavy thundering sound come crushing down the ruined hall. You see orange and red lights dancing between the pillar supporting the stone roof. In the glimpse of a moment, all hell break loose as a dark skin colossus burst from the rubbles wielding a towering incandescent blade. He lands next to you smashing the large tiles of the floor. You are paralyzed in fear as he turns gazing in your direction with fire in his eyes. Desperate, you wonder if you've gone too far exploring this ancient Undermountain realm.                    
    • By Cygnwulf
      Everyone, meet Viridius.  

He's a hefty boi.  No Ma'al or Kalladrax, but still pretty big. He doesn't even fit in my light box, as you can see.   
      I've thought a long time about how I was going to paint him up, I don't think I'm going to go with the standard green dragon look.  Instead I'm going to take my inspiration from the time of year, and make him an autumn forest dragon, whose coloration changes with the forest around him.   So I'll be doing him in mostly golden yellows to oranges and reds, but keeping some greenish tones as the base of scales and other places, to kind of give a reminder of the verdent glory he was before.

One thing I'm choosing to see as an opportunity is that the tops of his wings are very smooth, ideal for some freehand work.  The question is, what to do?  Some kind of leaf like pattern, or perhaps a butterfly like eye pattern (in the leaf colors, of course)

Out of the box bag he was in pretty good shape.  The usual mold line cleanup, though he has some gaps that will need to be filled.  I followed up with reshaping the wings a little with some boiling water.  I forgot to get a complete before picture, but below you can see the before and after for the right wing

I've had to fully assemble him, I don't like the way the wing joins look without greenstuff, so that's going to be the first order of business.  So painting around the wings might be a chore, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with before (Although, not in recent history)

I begain the gapfill on the right side, but after sticking a finger in greenstuff twice and having to flip him back to touch up the texture, I decided to call it a night and do the left side gaps later.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone. Here is 77293, Wererat Berserker a Dark Heaven Bones model sculpted by Jason Wiebe. I cut off some of the original plastic base and used it to change the model's posture. I like the dinumic pose of this malicious evil doer.

• By SamuraiJack
      Live

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tombguardians/tomb-guardians-28mm-fantasy-miniatures?ref=discovery

About
      Dwarven Paladin Dwarven Wizard Dwarven Ranger Dwarven Fighting King Dwarven King Free Give Away Miniature Female Dwarven Crossbowman  

• Who's Online   33 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)