SamuraiJack

Live
Dice of Rolling

18 posts in this topic

About this project

It seems like no matter how many dice you buy, you still never have enough d6s... meanwhile, your collection of unnecessary d20s keeps getting bigger. 

Dice of Rolling are not rocket science. They’re just regular dice that come in the amounts you actually need, and they use color for more than just decoration. One simple purchase, and you’re good to go for most of the situations you’ll encounter in the 5th edition of the world's greatest roleplaying game. And since each dice type is a different color, you'll always grab the right ones. It’s kind of a no-brainer, but nobody else is doing it so we're bringing it to Kickstarter. 

This is the dice set we’ve always wanted for our table, and with your help we can bring it to tables everywhere!

eb13e737fb3d80a224cf63983681d394_origina

b54945e54f3fdd473488153dfa2265c4_origina

3c28a103b9a61bab952d579b14e669c2_origina

abe43acb53229159be413ca89208855b_origina

2c36e41716112aa706055c4a39c22235_origina

We’re keeping the rewards real simple. You can pledge to receive 1, 2, 4, or 20 sets, and each set will include the same 29 color-coded dice + microfiber dice bag.

d36cf24fcd2888c038dd55129b088ce5_origina

5034dbc25361587914621bd8bc722820_origina

5 people like this

Whoa, this looks like a great dice set for DMs. I'm in. Thanks for posting this SJ. Backer# 260. ::D:

1 person likes this

Cool idea. Shame it's US only or I'd share it with my group, we have three newer players who are always borrowing dice for big rolls.

2 people like this

... but getting tons of d20 with your dice sets is important, so you can shun the ones who rolled badly!

It's a great idea though, at least for people who buy dice more responsibly and don't just hoard them bc they're pretty.

7 people like this

Aww man... US only!?!? :(

Shame.. for shame...

1 person likes this

hmmmmm.....   Interesting concept.  It's worth thinking over.

This is a great idea if you only wanted one "complete" dice set. Otherwise it messes with the whole plan where each set of dice follows its own color pattern.

6 people like this

I actually like the die-color-coding approach.  It's one reason why, once upon a time, when Toy Liquidators still existed, and a miniatures game called "Battle Bowl" came out, I got several boxes on dirt-cheap clearance JUST FOR THE DICE.  Why?  Because it had a full set of polygonal dice, with a different color for each die type.  At the time, I hoped it would help speed things up with the sorts of game systems I was using at the time that required LOTS of different types of dice (Deadlands Classic, and Ironclaw).  (The trouble was, even with several packs of Battle Bowl, and although it WAS a decent price compared to buying polygonal dice new at a game store, it was really only enough for maybe one or two players.  Those games were really dice-crazy.)

Since then, however, it's not been quite as extreme of an issue, and I just use whatever dice I come across cheaply -- but I still think it's a neat idea.

IMHO, caltrops (AKA d4s) ought to be BRIGHT AND GARISH colors, like screaming neon orange, rather than relatively subtle purple, in order to provide any sort of boost to the chance to detect it on the floor before stepping on it.  That's always a plus.  :)

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

My hang up is that if all the players have this set of dice, keeping a set together will become a nightmare at game night conclusion. I don't know about you guys, but dice rolling can get a bit chaotic at my table. 

"...... erg... why do I only have 7 d6? And 3 d12?"  And that's if they notice or bother to take an inventory. 

I don't know. Maybe it wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by DixonGrfx
1 person likes this

But for $20 I could pick up another 100+ Wiz dice pack off of Amazon.  Admittedly you can't pick your color that way, but if several people buy one you can trade for sets...

For these guys I'm just not big on their choice of colors.

I think it's a cool idea, and great for new players, it just doesn't fill a need for me.  Once you've been role-playing a while you already have more dice than you need.

2 people like this

9 hours ago, DixonGrfx said:

My hang up is that if all the players have this set of dice, keeping a set together will become a nightmare at game night conclusion. I don't know about you guys, but dice rolling can get a bit chaotic at my table. 

"...... erg... why do I only have 7 d6? And 3 d12?"  And that's if they notice or bother to take an inventory. 

Do you not obsessively count your dice at the beginning and end of every session, organizing them into little squads of color-coordinated goodness, with each die with its highest number face up to properly charge it while waiting for use?

4 people like this

1 hour ago, etherial said:

Do you not obsessively count your dice at the beginning and end of every session, organizing them into little squads of color-coordinated goodness, with each die with its highest number face up to properly charge it while waiting for use?

No, they go in a pile in front of me. I have dice dating back to the 70s I'm over it.

i'm not really feeling this.  the dice look like starter dice that came in the old tsr boxed sets to me.  color coding is interesting.  I might see about doing that with my play dice bag.  

it good for someone just starting.  but I've got a zillion dice already.

1 person likes this

I like the idea but I already have a good set. ::(:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      Welcome to our next Kickstarter project.
      Why this project? We need your help to construct all models ready, this takes a lot of time and is also very costly.
      Why should I support the project? 
      Be the first to receive the files. Some files will be downloadable later in the shop but not all. The packages will be more expensive than here, so save them now and save up to 40%.
      My project shows ships for the different periods /ages. These can be printed on the scales for the different figure sizes from 6 mm to 30 mm (the larger scales could also require larger print areas).
      The models are high quality and highly detailed. You can all models print with ABS or PLA.
      Miniatures and scenery are not inculded.
      There are 7 Pledges:
      Pledge: Longboat:
      Model can printed with our without sail.
      You can place 2 x 2 cannon on it, or you can it use as fisherboat.
      Later regular price in the shop (STL Files): 9,95 € (Save over 50%)  

Details:
      Pledge: Pinnace
      You can place 2 x 4 cannon on it. It Comes in parts for better printing.
      Later regular price in the shop (STL Files): 14,95 € (Save over 50%)  
      Pledge: Sloop
      You can place 2 x 3 cannon on it, or you can it use as fisherboat.
      It Comes in parts for better printing.
      Pledge: Junkboat
      You can place 2 x 3 cannon on it. It Comes in parts for better printing.
      Pledge: greek. Triere / roman galley
      It Comes in parts for better printing. With different round shields.
      Later regular price in the shop (STL Files): 17,95 € (Save over 50%)  
      Pledge: Bark
      You can place minimum 2 x 6 cannon on it.
      It comes with different decks and rooms and in parts for better printing.
      Later regular price in the shop (STL Files): 24,95 € (Save over 50%) 
      Pledge: Full Set
      Full Set this set included all models (over 6 ship models) from all the pledges sets. You get all the files from the pledges and the unlocked stretch goals. Plus 2 exclusiv models: 2 different ships (picture comming soon...). This models are exclusiv in Full Set and on Kickstarter:  
      Later regular price in the shop (STL Files):  not available (only here on Kickstarter) 
      Caution: The details of the models are dependent on the scale and the available nozzle of your print.
      Example Scale factor:
      10mm = 66 %
      15mm = 100 %
      20mm = 133 %
      28mm = 166 %
      The Stretch Goals:
      unlocked stretch goal #1: different Bases for your miniatures
      unlocked stretch goal #2: 3 different cannon or ballista for ships - sketch (model may differ)
      unlocked stretch goal #3: 2 different carts
      unlocked stretch goal #4 goods - Barrel, basket & crates - sketch (model may differ)
      locked stretch goal #5 2 chest with gold and without- sketch (model may differ)
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      HEX is a new kind of dice that merges the best of magic and minimal design to create an all new gaming experience!
      The Ultimate in Minimalist Design
      Each HEX die is machined from two standard 16mm dice blanks. The finished die is placed in an acetone environment to smooth out any ridges or imperfections (note: the prototype is not final and has a visible seam, the real deal will look great, I promise!)
      Features
      21 LED's 16mm Standard Dice Size Ultra-low-power Accelerometer (MMA8491Q) Ultra-low-power Microcontroller (MSP430G2101) 2 LR44 Batteries Leave it to Chance!
      Get skill and psychology out of the way -- there's no way to tell which side is which in HEX mode until the roll is over!
      Two LED Modes
      HEX mode - the die remains blank until the roll has been made, then the result fades into view. Right now I have the opposing side light up too, should that be in the production version?
      Full Color mode - all LEDs activate when the die is shaken and remain on for about 10s after the roll
      LED Color Options
      Based on feedback I am introducing color options! You'll now be able to opt for single color LEDs (all green, all orange, or all red) if you're not too keen on the standard multicolor configuration. You'll be able to choose the desired quantity of each type if you order multiple dice!
      Long lasting performance
      The microcontroller, accelerometer, and battery chemistry were selected for ultra low standby current consumption and will easily last a year of casual gaming and a shelf life of several years. However, avid users may need to replace the batteries every few months due to high LED light use. (Note: the dice may be opened with heat to soften the glue)
      Moving Forward
      Although the current prototype is good, there are some adjustments that I would still like to make before production.
      Keeping the lights in well-defined circles so they don't bleed across the surface of the dice. I plan to accomplish this by using reverse mount LEDs that would shine through holes in the circuit board Optimizing the program logic to ensure glitch-free operation Potentially having the shell of the dice injection molded instead of milled from off-the-shelf dice blanks (this might also allow for a snap fit enclosure for easier battery servicing) Of course, I look forward to incorporating feedback from you all as well!
    • By SamuraiJack
      About this project
       Well... We are back again! With Our 3rd Kickstarter for STL Files! 28mm Sci-fi Buildings and Scenery!
      First up is our main Pledge, For £40 you will receive all of this!
      Stretch Goals!

Missed Our last Kickstarters? 
      For £130 You can get all three Kickstarters!
      28mm Modular Buildings - STL Files - OpenLOCK
       28mm Universal Tile Kickstarter - Modern

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      It's not easy running a team in a violent Fantasy Football league. There's riots when you win, riots when you lose and I'm just talking about the coin-toss. To help you out on match day, we've assembled some of the finest staff in the Old Kingdoms:

Please note that the finished figures will be cast in white metal with trace amounts of lead and as such are not suitable for children. The miniatures will also be supplied unpainted, unless the highest amount is pledged.
      Hopefully this project will be a starting point for a whole new range of accessory figures and maybe even teams but we can't do it without your support. It's a bit soon to start talking about stretch goals but we do have a few ideas up our sleeves that we will hopefully get a chance to present to our wonderful backers!
      Shipping is not included in pledge price, however all postage + packing costs do include insurance for lost parcels.
      All images and figures are the copyright of Northumbrian Painting Services.
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)