Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cyradis

50241: Sparg, Illyrian Agent by Cyr

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am going to be gluing this guy to a clear round base; the shoes will be painted last after I dislodge him from the tiny bit of metal used to hold him. I don't do much basing so I avoid this type until I find a perfect figure for my needs like this. 

This fellow will be a gift for the nerd who has been repairing my computer. Thinking blue hair, green skin, red shirt, gray coat, jeans. 

The eye turned out okay. Face is alright so far. Just started the sweater, but then I started hacking up a lung and stopped. It is tough painting right now as I sporadically am having hideous coughing fits. Both that and hot toddy remedies are bad for painting :( 

Anyway, current WIP. My rainbow fairy should get some updates tomorrow. 

20170627_225411.jpg

Edited by Cyradis
12 people like this

What a cool gift for your computer fixing friend. This is such a fun mini. Looking good Cyradis. 

2 people like this

Very cool gift!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Very cool!  Going to try to freehand anything on the calculator/data pad screen?

Edited by Pineapple
1 person likes this

I might try a little freehand on the calculator, and perhaps on the sweater. Will see how it goes and if I have more coughing episodes. 

Update:

Cloak and pants base coated. Sweater shaded for the most part. 

20170628_121441.jpg

10 people like this

Colored and slightly shaded the sweater's trim. Based the belt but not accessories. Shaded the jeans. Started shading the coat. 

20170628_142450.jpg

20170628_142444.jpg

10 people like this

Very cool... and thoughtful... I can't say that I've ever gotten anything like that at all for repairing computers!

13 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Very cool... and thoughtful... I can't say that I've ever gotten anything like that at all for repairing computers!

He has repaired my computer for free, dealt with Samsung being lame on hard drive warrenty on my behalf, backed up all my data, and let me use his spare laptop hard drive in the meantime. I figure he's earned it!

1 person likes this

Update! 

Jacket is shaded. Belt junk done. Pants shaded. Boots base coated. Hair shaded. He's detached. When boots are done he'll get glued. 

20170704_213424.jpg

20170704_213420.jpg

6 people like this

Alrighty, he is on his clear base. The globes are base coated. The shoes are done. The calculator is complete. The pistol has base and first wash done, but is going to get more shading. Almost complete! 

Perhaps the boots could have more highlighting done, but I want it very obvious that the gloves and boots are black while the coat is gray. I think I hit that goal alright. 

20170705_115506.jpg

20170705_115453.jpg

6 people like this

This guy is all kinds of awesome! The hair might look better with a little more dark blue in the front though. Maybe just the roots? 

1 person likes this