Sign in to follow this  

I love this model and there have been lots of great takes on it, but this might be my favorite rendition yet. 

• Like 2

The main eye is absolutely stunning!

I also like the mouth a lot.

Great work!

• Like 3

that's amazing!

• Like 2

I love how you did the eye and the teeth. I guess he doesn't brush often or floss. He probably ate the dentist. Nice job on him, he is awesome!

• Like 2

That absolutely ROCKS!!

Excellent work on him; I like the additional eyestalks, too.

• Like 2

He/She/Whatever is a BEAUTIFULLY painted creation. I LOVE your color selection. The eyes, particularly the central one are WONDROUS to behold AND what an endearing smile. VERY WELL DONE!

I, for one, will be waiting with bated breath for The Diorama.

• Like 2

Nice shading and fading, and I agree: the actual eye work is GREAT!

• Like 2

Love the way you did the eyes!  Great work all around.  Nice color choices and detail, especially the eyes and teeth!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dks
      How would Medusa feel if she couldn't help turning everyone she met to stone?
      Julie Guthrie sculpted this Sad Medusa figure.  It was a special giveaway at the Hall of Fame dinner at ReaperCon in 2015 (...or was it 2014?).
      I painted the figure earlier this year, and she was my entry in the Painters category at the ReaperCon painting contest (Master Series Open).
      I think it was the first resin figure I've painted. 
      Julie sculpted a rattle at the end of the snake tail, so I looked up the colors of diamondback rattlesnakes and took my inspiration from them.
      I glazed and stippled a lot of colors into the stone areas.  They kept looking too much like skin or simply too dull.
      I hope the snakes are placed strategically enough to let this pic stay here....

Enjoy,
      Derek

• By Pingo
      This is another of Julie Guthrie's beautiful giant werewolves, part of the Warlord Koborlas faction. This is my second Warlord figure painted. It was an attempt to make a gender-ambiguous werewolf, and as such I shaved down the chest armor a bit. Full WIP here.

Aislinn may be howling or sniffing the air or fighting a giant.  Looking up at any rate.

WIP thread here.
    • By Pingo
      This is Julie Guthrie's 14528: Rageclaw Slayer, a very large werewolf (the base is 40 mm).

Oh, and apparently this is the first Warlord figure I've painted.

WIP thread here.
    • By Sophie was taken
      Took a break from other things to get back to basics, and also try a few things out. Here’s Feiya:

This was a quick and simple job, an attempt to work on picking out details as well as experimenting with various paints. I decided to go with assorted primary colors mostly (as I don’t really have much else). You can’t really see the highlights in these pics, mostly because I hardly did any.

I started with a wash of Brown Liner, which turned out surprisingly well. Leaf Green was used for the cape and Blood Red on her leathers. I think she’s holding a fireball but I went with Sapphire Blue, so now it’s more of a Faberge egg. The wrappings on her staff are Sun Yellow with some whites, and boots and head jewelry were done with metallics. Her socks are Linen White, but white cloth is apparently something I need more work on. Finally, the base was given a layer of Ginger Cookie over the liner.

It isn’t the prettiest work ever, but it turned out better than I’d expected. Most importantly, it gave me an idea of what to work on and which colors I’ll need to think about acquiring in the future.
    • By SparrowMarie
      I started painting Dagon a few days ago. He's very much still in the beginning stages. All my paints are MSP unless otherwise specified. Here's what I've done so far: Washed and blue liner-ed and started a base coat of Marine Teal. Then a little more work on the fins with Twilight Purple, Gem Purple, and Amethyst Purple but they have a long way to go still. 

• Who's Online   16 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)