Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Silver Jack

Troll

12 posts in this topic

Great paint job, I like how the leather came out. What did you use for the rock on the base, is it a natural rock?

30 minutes ago, Metalchaos said:

Great paint job, I like how the leather came out. What did you use for the rock on the base, is it a natural rock?

Thanks, its a bark, great resource for rock making:)

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Silver Jack said:

Thanks, its a bark, great resource for rock making:)

Crafty, it really looks like rocks.

2 people like this

Excellent paintjob!

Great base!

Love it!

1 person likes this

He is awsome!

looks good,  nice job

Nice job!  It's actually from a Zombicide Black Plague guest artist box (by Paolo Parente).  

2 people like this

Awww, he looks so sad.  Like, when he's not busy being a merciless killing machine, he's secretly looking after a little, mewing kitten that adopted him one rainy day. . . . :wub:

Great paint job and basing!

2 people like this

Excellent paint job!

Great job! I love the look on his face... I get the feeling it's the response to: "You should've gone before we left!"

1 person likes this

What a WONDERFULLY expressive face! It finishes off your LOVELY brushwork & basing in an OUTSTANDING fashion. VERY WELL DONE!

I followed you link to the rest of the crew. They are a SPLENDID gang of Hooligans. The Troll will fit right in with that collection of characters.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ghool
      A Troll for Blood Bowl, as chosen by my Patrons.
      Pretty fun to paint, but 19 pieces for a single model is...ridiculous?
      Also tough to photo - all the deep, crossing-over parts cast big shadows, and in order to light them you get major hotspots elsewhere.
      I feel he turned out pretty nice.

• By Mutilatedlips
      I don't usually use so much gloss varnish and not the most exciting array of colors, but I think I captured what a wet, stinky, dirty ol' swamp troll should look like. 

• By Pineapple
      Here are my next two guys I'm trying to crank out to catch back up on the RP challenge.

Cave Troll Champion:

The base coat for the skin is Reaper Brilliant Green, working up to Viper Green for the highlights and down to Peacock Green for the shadows.  I don't really have the layering on the skin quite the way I want it though.  I'm going to take a break and do the eyes and mouth before I worry about finalizing that.  The club is a base coat of Vallejo Model Color Flat Earth washed with Vallejo Model Color Smoke.  The mouth is just a sloppy base coat of Reaper Imperial Purple.  The little spots on the club and foot where the paint got nicked by well-meaning in-laws trying to clear the table for dinner have since been touched up.

Ogre Chieftain:

I see a lot of white/tan/gray ogres, so I wanted to try something a little different and go with a darker skin tone.  This is just the base coat, it's Vallejo Model Color Chocolate Brown.

C&C welcome, thanks in advance!
    • By hdclearman
      I was able to finish the remaining figures from the Talisman 4th Edition Core set.

Here's the Troll

• By Thrym

Mountain Troll
      The Skull Collector

This Mountain Troll, sculpted by Ben Siens, is inspired by the Abomination from Marvel Comics as seen in the early years of the Incredible Hulk.  The Abomination has an interesting overall look to his skin. It's scaly and leathery, and naturally, green for a gamma irradiated monster.  The back muscles of the miniature immediately reminded me of the Abomination so I ran with it.  You can see for yourself how the artists drew and colored him...

copyright Marvel

As per usual, Ub3r N3rd complained that there weren't enough SKULLZ on the last miniature I posted so this one's all about the SKULLZ!  Using some loose skulls from Toad King Castings as well as a trio on a flat piece, I built a skull pile of freshly peeled human sized skulls.  I placed one in the corner for the one that rolled away a bit.  And in his hand, the Skull Collector has an ogre skull to add to his growing pile.

I used paints from Reaper Miniatures, mainly the Moss Triad as his skin tones, my recently acquired Army Painter Warpaints, some Scale 75 metallic paints for the armor and axe and a few Vallejo paints.  The troll is mounted on a piece of slate with his integral base merged with sand and ballast to bring the terrain level.  The bush and vines are both created from moss.  To see most everything done to him, check out his WIP.

He's joining my Joten Horde for mashing the adventurers.

Enjoy.

Check him out in the Inspiration Gallery. (Approved)

Added to Thrym's Index of Reaper Miniatures & Thrym's General Show Off List
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)