Sign in to follow this  
wdmartin

60067 Nyrissa

Too bad you didn't enjoy painting her because she turned out lovely. The colors are very nice and I like her speckles. She is very pretty!

• Like 2

I think she looks awesome, well done

Excellent job!

Very nice work!

I especially appreciate the effort you put into painting the multicolored leaf garments, crafting the woodsy/horticultural base, and even figuring out how to hold the body-part of the figure while painting it (from your WIP thread). 

I hope she has a good time on stage in your Kingmaker game.

Thanks for sharing!

Derek

• Like 3

That's awesome.  Really great effects getting it to look like flower petals.

She looks magnificent!  Beautiful and plausible and utterly alien.  Good work!

• Like 1

Thanks, all!  I do think she turned out well.  It was just slow going is all.

@DKS -- I can't take credit for crafting the base.  All I did was attach her to it and paint it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Citrine
      Balazar, the gnome summoner (Reaper 89023) was fun to paint.  That mould line running down the side of his hat thing was not that visible when I painted him.  Oh well, another one done, yay!

• By dks
      I've been on a painting tear since ReaperCon.  Here's one from last week. 
      Pathfinder's "Iron Gods" Adventure Path crosses over into science fiction, including robots and androids, such as the android priestess Meyanda.
      Wayne Reynolds painted the cover of the Adventure Path where Meyanda appears: click for link.
      Bobby Jackson sculpted the character.  I like what he did with this delicate sculpt.

I decided to give her a sci-fi-styled base, not my usual rock/grass/leaf palette. 
      I started with a piece of plasticard shaped like square floor-tiles, gouged out some scratches, and added some debris (a robotic "piston" of two brass rods, a "cable" of brass wire, and a few chunks of rubble that I carved from the plasticard).

Enjoy,
      Derek

• By dks
      I've been on a painting tear since ReaperCon.  Here's another, from last week. 
      Pathfinder's "Wrath of the Righteous" Adventure Path features some especially nasty villains, including Xanthir Vang, a wizard who used to be human but is now a colony of worms with a hive-mind (a "worm-that-walks"). 
      Wayne Reynolds painted the cover of the Adventure Path where Xanthir Vang appears: click for link.
      I sculpted the figure last year. This more active pose shows off his magical ability as a "blackfire adept".  Among my favorite parts of the figure are his wriggling worm fingers.
      The fire effect has a few rough-draft layers under this one -- darker, drabber, more purple, stronger green, etc.   Truly black/gray fire just wasn't interesting on the miniature.

I sculpted a few worms on the stock figure, crawling out of the sleeves and through holes in the back, and I sculpted a few more on the base for this version. 
      Here's a close-up of the extra worms on the front.

Enjoy,
      Derek
    • By Citrine
      I speed painted Aglanda while helping my son's girlfriend paint her first mini.

• By Bonnie Bailey
      *Insert shameless self promotion here* I just finished this months long project and I think it is my best mino to date. I don't have a fancy photo set up yet so forgive the lowbrow photos. This was my first attempt at textured fabric and dark skin tones. If you have any constructive criticism I am happy to hear it.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)