Jasper_the_2nd

Spring Exchange for minibart: 50326: Victorian Lord & Dame plus a Doggie

11 posts in this topic

Awesome!

1 person likes this

Lucky recipient to be sure.

1 person likes this

Very nice.  I really like the steampunk Astromutt.

2 people like this

Gorgeous! They look fun to paint!

1 person likes this

Awesomeness 

1 person likes this

Those are excellent in all aspects

1 person likes this

Nice work!

1 person likes this

Fabulous work on them!

1 person likes this

These are gorgeous. Great choice of colors. 

1 person likes this

That's a stunning trio! ::o:

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jessie
      One of the other players in my group had me paint these guys up, Woody Stumpwimple and Balto Burrowell. The other players always wanted really muted (y'know, edgelord/masculine) colors so kept them pretty simple. Have already painted up Balto twice now (once for myself, 2nd time for a different player) so might say no more commissions for Balto although he's fairly easy to paint at least.

• By Jessie
      Rounding out my egyptian themed minis I painted up these two avatars of sokar that I have. They were fun but challenging with all the detail. The bases were really fun to do. I made little pieces of temple floor with cork board then put a thin layer of milliput over them and used these textured rollers from Green Stuff World that was an egyptian themed roller. I've used Basius prior for stamping stuff and was surprised how well the rollers turned out and will be getting more of them in different themes eventually for sure. Anyways, thanks for reading!

• By Jessie
      Been painting up my egyptian themed minis. Rebased these guys on some temple looking bases from Dragon Forge that I painted to look more like sandstone. They were fun although the detail on their gold was challenging. Thanks for reading!

• By Jessie
      Painted the duplicate of this guy a while ago and huz needed a 2nd one for an encounter we had so I painted him up pretty similarly. Nothing exciting, thanks for reading!

• By TaleSpinner
      Well, here I go again.  With my tight schedule, there was no way I was going to get the Hakuna Matata diorama sculpted and painted. So I am going to paint my Coraline Thaddington sculpt.  I have been wanting to paint her ever since I sculpted her. This will still be a challenge, since though the volume of modeling and painting is lower, the paint job I have in mind for her is considerably more complex than anything I have attempted before.

I originally sculpted her because I was very inspired by the works of artist Sarah Ellerton, specifically, the character Anya from The Phoenix Requiem.  If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it as it is very good.  I was also heavily inspired by Jane Austin, my wife, and a burgeoning love of steampunk.

The sculpt was actually derived from over 40 different sources, so I have a lot of inspiration to choose from for a paint job.  That said, I want to pay homage to Anya from TPR first as that is where I first fell in love with the period.  I plan on painting her with a derivation of this artwork by Sarah Ellerton from TPR:

I de-flashed and polished her last night. I just primed her and took my initial shots.  When I am painting for a show like this, I always take photos of the mini with forward zenithal lighting after priming.  These I make black and white and use then throughout the painting process to check my highlight and shadow placement.  I will also print a couple out and use them to test color combinations. They also let me check to see if any areas need additional polishing, smoothing, and filling. By the pictures, I need to work on her right cheek and right side a bit more.

Hopefully, paint will happen tomorrow night.

Andy
  • Who's Online   37 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)