Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      I've never been much of a fan of GW.  I mean the first fig I ever painted was GW, but that's because my friend (who was also the store owner) gave it to me for free (Come on, try it, the first one's free....).
      And I played some Bloodbowl back in the day (should really finish my Chaos Dwarf team one of these days...only been a decade or two).
      But I never really got into anything GW was making. Style wasn't what I was looking for, or the price point, or whatever.
      So then last week I was in Montreal for the GP (great time, too bad the race itself was soooooo boring). Was visiting a friend who lives up there and we wandered into the rather impressive GW store in the Eaton Centre.  Took a look around and caught sight of this:

Apparently a new edition of Age of Sigmar is coming out this week, and these guys are a faction.  Or whatever the different groups are called.
      I thought, "Those are pretty cool!  Flying stuff.  Steampunky.  I like."

Then we left.  And I went and marshaled for 3 days (the support races were better, btw).
      Then we met back up on Monday.  And I was still thinking about the cool steampunky flying ships.  So we went back and I picked up the starter. (they have 2 bigger flying ships too, but ouch, not cheap).

So, this is what they look like when you open the box:

Oye! Lots of bits.  Looks like everything has options (they have a very detailed assembly guide, quite impressive).  Options that presumably follow rules.  Rules I'm not sure I'll ever read, let alone play. 
      But I may check with the local store; I think they had some folks playing something GW.

So that's all I've done with them so far, but figured I'd post and get the WIP started. These may take a bit to get going.

• By Chaoswolf
      This is an old Mage Knight figure that I slightly converted and repainted. He was holding a comically undersized flail in his left hand, so I cut it off and replaced it with a halberd from an old GW Chaos Warrior I had in my bits box. After that, it was just a matter of repainting him for use on the tabletop. He'll make an interesting BBEG in some game I haven't created yet.

Thanks for looking.

• By Chaoswolf
      These are 3 little imps/demons that I pulled off the melt table at Reapercon last year. I'm not sure of manufacturer, so if you recognize them, please let me know. I think they may be from a 15mm figure range.

I bashed these guys out over he course of a couple evenings about a week ago. Thanks for looking.

With (in need of a touch up) Sir Forscale:

• By Maledrakh
      “Off to off the wizard”
      The figures are from Reaper Bones KS3, “Chronoscope Wild West Oz”.  Since they all were armed, I see this as a sort of hit squad, hence the title.
      I based them on 30mm round display bases from Reaper, and I 3d Printed a 20mm round in a similar style for Toto.
      Since not only the Tin Man, but also the flying monkey are obvious metal robots, I think “Weird West Oz” or even “Steampunk Oz” would be a more fitting moniker.

The miniatures are made in the slightly harder Bonesium, henceforth to be known as Better Bones™. Since the third Bones kickstarter, all Chronoscope Bones are coloured grey,
      The Flying Monkey, Lion, Tin Man and Scarecrow are sculpted by Bob Ridolfi, with Dorothy and Toto by Julie Guthrie. Only the Scarecrow seems to be released in Bones as of yet.

• By Maledrakh
      This set was delivered as part of the third Bones kickstarter campaign, but is not sold by Reaper. There seems to be no mention of it here on the Reapermini-site at all, which I find a bit strange. It does not appear in any search I have tried. However, it is to be found on the Victoria Miniatures site, so I assume it was only made by Reaper for Victoria Miniatures and not as a joint product even though it was in the Bones KS.

That aside,

IT'S SLEDGEHAMMER TIME!

I have not actually painted any large vehicles or similar kits like this in a very long time, and have never really tried my hand at weathering or any of that lark. So the results are not all that either. In hindsight, I think I should have done the piece in a different color more consistent with the uniforms I ended up doing, maybe added some camo netting or something. Also I probably should have looked into how to do weathering properly -I don’t even have a sponge. And maybe I should get my airbrush up and running again. Oh well.  It is perfectly servicable for the tabletop.

the backside pictures all turned out too blurry to be usable.

The gun and carriage are in hard polystyrene HIPS plastic, and quite straight forward to build. Parts fit together fine with little or no flash to speak of.
      The crew are in bones material, and the rubbery type at that. Only the wrench and the rangefinger piece needed the hot water treatment to straighten anything out. All (apart from the range finder part) are one piece, with tabs beneath their feet to fit seperate slotted 25mm round bases in a similar style to 40k. There is also a large oval base for the piece, but I did not use that here.
      The tabs needed slight trimming to fit the slots in the bases. Apart from this the minis only had very slight mould lines, which can be ignored unless they, like for me, trigger your OCD and need to go. I carve them off with a sharp scalpel.

The range finder-piece was completely wonky even after boiling, and I ended up having to drill through it and insert a pin to get it to be something approaching straight, The crew are slightly smaller than similar models from the Imperial Guard, sorry, Astra Militarum from Warhammer 40k which this model clearly is meant for.

• Who's Online   22 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)