jsalyers

Hedgehog Transport

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I can't find which faction uses the Hedgehog transport in the list of faction vehicles I downloaded from the Talon Games site.

Can someone explain to me who can use it?

Thanks!

J--

Edited by jsalyers

It's been removed from the model list for CAV:SO. It was formerly available to all factions, with Malvernis having access to a superior version as the faction linked with the Hedgehog's manufacturer, Mark IV.

47 minutes ago, Vil-hatarn said:

It's been removed from the model list for CAV:SO. It was formerly available to all factions, with Malvernis having access to a superior version as the faction linked with the Hedgehog's manufacturer, Mark IV.

That's odd, there is still a card for it in the list of units I downloaded.

J---

Okay, I think I figured this out. Initially for C:SO, several of the large flying transports were removed from the game and reclassed as Dropships without data cards--you can see this in the master model list for the Baron, Czar, and a few others. The data cards in the list are to allow people to use their old models in home games--the [2] designates models not allowed for official play (see also Spider, Scorpion, Recluse).

Given it's unofficial nature, you can use it however you'd like; the way most in line with C:SO's design, however, would be to allow it for Malvernis forces only.

1 person likes this

^ That is correct.

Interesting.  So give or take, How long would a hedgehog be? In actual feet?If i twas real?

CAV1 Journal of Recognition says 14 feet tall; without measuring precisely I'd say 60 feet or so. 

For what it is worth, the True-Scale Hedgehog measures:

5/8" (.6250) tall,

2 7/8" (2.8750) long.

So @ 14' tall it would work out to 64.4' long.  As always my measurements are with a Starrett Machinist's Rule.

13 minutes ago, Watchman said:

For what it is worth, the True-Scale Hedgehog measures:

5/8" (.6250) tall,

2 7/8" (2.8750) long.

So @ 14' tall it would work out to 64.4' long.  As always my measurements are with a Starrett Machinist's Rule.

At 14' tall in 10mm that would make it just shy of an inch tall and if 60' long about 4'' so I think True-Scale may be off a bit. 12mm would be even worse. If you figure the doors on the side to be around 6' tall (I think a good guess for an armored vehicle as the back hatch on a M113 is around 4 feet and I think we would be more generous due to powered armor) so I would go with about 10' tall and about 65' long if it was "real" (which would make the mini (in 10mm) about 5/8"x4 3/8"). Which is why (one reason anyway) I dropped it as an armored "vehicle." Its more in line with being an aircraft/troop transport. Just a couple of random thoughts I thought I would add to the conversation.

Any reason why it was dropped from the miniature line? It's a good looking model.

I own 10 of them. :)

I wish I owned 2 more Crusaders. :(

J--

1 person likes this

There was an explanation a few years back, but to be honest, I don't remember what it was.

Like I mentioned earlier, the Hedgehog is not an APC its a armored transport and has more in common with aircraft. Its present state didn't fit in what I was after going forward.

I plan on bringing it back...here is a preview of the model we are working on for it.

Hedgehog_Orthos.jpg

3 people like this