jsalyers

Hedgehog Transport

I can't find which faction uses the Hedgehog transport in the list of faction vehicles I downloaded from the Talon Games site.

Can someone explain to me who can use it?

Thanks!

J--

Edited by jsalyers

It's been removed from the model list for CAV:SO. It was formerly available to all factions, with Malvernis having access to a superior version as the faction linked with the Hedgehog's manufacturer, Mark IV.

47 minutes ago, Vil-hatarn said:

It's been removed from the model list for CAV:SO. It was formerly available to all factions, with Malvernis having access to a superior version as the faction linked with the Hedgehog's manufacturer, Mark IV.

That's odd, there is still a card for it in the list of units I downloaded.

J---

Okay, I think I figured this out. Initially for C:SO, several of the large flying transports were removed from the game and reclassed as Dropships without data cards--you can see this in the master model list for the Baron, Czar, and a few others. The data cards in the list are to allow people to use their old models in home games--the [2] designates models not allowed for official play (see also Spider, Scorpion, Recluse).

Given it's unofficial nature, you can use it however you'd like; the way most in line with C:SO's design, however, would be to allow it for Malvernis forces only.

• Like 1

For what it is worth, the True-Scale Hedgehog measures:

5/8" (.6250) tall,

2 7/8" (2.8750) long.

So @ 14' tall it would work out to 64.4' long.  As always my measurements are with a Starrett Machinist's Rule.

13 minutes ago, Watchman said:

For what it is worth, the True-Scale Hedgehog measures:

5/8" (.6250) tall,

2 7/8" (2.8750) long.

So @ 14' tall it would work out to 64.4' long.  As always my measurements are with a Starrett Machinist's Rule.

At 14' tall in 10mm that would make it just shy of an inch tall and if 60' long about 4'' so I think True-Scale may be off a bit. 12mm would be even worse. If you figure the doors on the side to be around 6' tall (I think a good guess for an armored vehicle as the back hatch on a M113 is around 4 feet and I think we would be more generous due to powered armor) so I would go with about 10' tall and about 65' long if it was "real" (which would make the mini (in 10mm) about 5/8"x4 3/8"). Which is why (one reason anyway) I dropped it as an armored "vehicle." Its more in line with being an aircraft/troop transport. Just a couple of random thoughts I thought I would add to the conversation.

Any reason why it was dropped from the miniature line? It's a good looking model.

I own 10 of them. :)

I wish I owned 2 more Crusaders. :(

J--

• Like 1

Like I mentioned earlier, the Hedgehog is not an APC its a armored transport and has more in common with aircraft. Its present state didn't fit in what I was after going forward.

I plan on bringing it back...here is a preview of the model we are working on for it.

Hedgehog_Orthos.jpg

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Doublesix66
      Hello All,

Newbie here I though Id share a project that I've been working on to use when we play Talon Games Combat assault vehicle (CAV) when being shown the game I wasn't sure about lying the metal figures on there side to show they are destroyed or just removing them from the table I wanted something to represent them on the table as obstacles for troops and vehicles.

So here it is as it stands

I took a metal unmade Cav  and positioned it on some putty added a few rocks and used the Oamaru to made a mould

after moulding I painted it up (not finished yet) but you get the idea

• By Doublesix66
      HI all I originally started a thread in the Cav section about painting my UTF (united Terrain Federation) I've had to change from photo bucket to flickr for the images will update the wrecked mech as well soon
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/73358-utf-possible-paint-schemes/&tab=comments#comment-1520048

Well I finally got the project on the road heres my test pieces almost finished just needs the bases finished off

Started with an archer, raptor and Ronin Cavs with 2 ashigaru's missile vechiles

did a base coat of purple with a dry brush afterwards

then added camo scheme as per my other link with tester pieces of paper

finished group

quite pleased with the result look decent from a distance on the table no unit symbols or markings will decide on these at a later date
    • By jsalyers
      Re-purposing this post to give SS updates.

Name
      Has PM'd Info
      Wip Photo Posted  (Due 12/1/2017)
      Shipped / Delivered
      @emmagine
      Yes
      Yes
      Yes / Yes
      @CAVBOSS
      Yes
      Yes
      Yes / No
      @Weird-O
      Yes
      Yes
      Yes / No
      @Mastergunz
      Yes
      Yes
      Yes / Yes
      @hjorhrafn
      Yes
      Yes
      Yes / Yes
      @Jeneki
      Yes
      Yes
      Yes / Yes
      @Dilvish the Deliverer
      Yes
      Yes
      No / No
      @Ludo
      Yes
      Yes
      No / No
      @Savage Coyote
      Yes
      Yes
      Yes / Yes
      @Pegazus
      Yes
      Yes
      Yes / Yes
      @NomadZeke
      Yes
      Yes
      No / No
      @CitizenCane
      Yes
      Yes
      No / No
      @SparksMurphey
      Yes
      Yes
      Yes / No
      @Guyscanwefocusplease
      Yes
      Yes
      Yes / Yes

Remember we're doing this to have fun and make friends. Chat, share tips, tease us with WIP photos or text - but don't give away who you're painting for.

CAVa Claus is watching... :)

J--

############### ORIGINAL POST BELOW ########################

I come to the Reaper Forums from the Privateer Press forums. In my time there I got involved with a Secret Santa (SS) exchange where a group of people got together and agreed to paint and gift a model for a randomly selected member of the SS exchange.

In an effort to generate more community activity on the CAV forums I'm curious if there is any interest in a CAV-centric gift exchange? I haven't put together my thoughts on how to organize it yet but thought I'd see if their was enough interest to make it work.

I like CAV, I like the Reaper forums but the CAV sub-forums seem very, very quiet.

I'd honestly like to get to know more of you and what better way than to paint a mini for my CAV neighbor in the spirit of the season.

J--
    • By CAVBOSS
      Wishing everyone a safe and successful 2018!

• By jsalyers
      Reading the thread below gave me the idea to organize a friendly 'KitBash' competition. Something like... everyone chooses a CAV and converts it in some meaningful way. Competition runs for a calendar month. We post a before and after image and then @CAVBOSS picks the winner(s). 

Just something fun to do really...

Any interest...? Now that the CAV Secret Santa is winding down I'd be happy to manage the little bit of 'admin' the contest would require.

J--
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)