pinkymadigan

Photobucket is now evil; need new image hosting with app

37 posts in this topic

On 7/10/2017 at 11:13 PM, Zink said:

I just got my notice that photobucket won't allow me to do 3rd party hosting anymore. To be honest it has been pretty frustrating lately to upload and share photos there. So many ads freezing my browser. All mine are saved elsewhere so no worries.

Browser freezing and those reviled pop-under video ads.  It got so bad towards the end, I would upload a photo then immediately copy its url into a separate document so I would never have to return to Photobucket to try to link it and risk long uploads, more frozen browsers, and ads, ads, ads.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

grenadier_zpsulpsqcwy.jpg

Still works, I just shared this and I have a free account.

Edited by Xherman1964

I use imgur and have been happy with it. When people were talking about Photobucket being evil, I thought they meant the utterly insane amount of adds/popups/etc... I didn't realize they were basically trying to ransom people as well. Some amazing sculptors and painters still use photobucket, and it's the point where I can't even look at what they're doing. I won't click a photobucket link anymore; it's not worth my time.

For people who feel they haven't found a solution, I'm wondering what issues they have with imgur. 

3 people like this

The *only* problem I have with imgur is how much they push the "social media experience" part of the site. Otherwise, it's a pretty decent hosting site, and sharing pics from it to the forum is super easy on desktop (it's a bit trickier on mobile, but still doable). 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

2 people like this

I only started sharing photos again a little while ago so stuck with photobucket which is what I'd used years ago. I've glanced at Imgur but haven't tried it yet. Seeing as this forum is where I'm doing all my sharing now I might just load direct.

1 person likes this

I recently realized that I *do* have some pictures on Photobucket, and they're still working normally.

Granted, I only have a handful (my candidates for last year's Sir Forscale challenge), so I may gone under the radar. On the plus side, I still have the originals.

1 person likes this

I have been converting to Imagur for some time, less add heavy for one. But oddly some of my photo buckets links are still working. Not sure why. But it did do a number on my game forums, as my Graphics person was using them exclusively. I make a lot of my albums there private, on Imagur that is.