Generic Fighter

July 2017 Hobby Goals of DOOM!!

73 posts in this topic

Darkmeer has a commission.  Darkmeer has Bones 3.  Darkmeer has a LOT TO PAINT~!

Goal is to get back to the brush.  Finish the commission and get the Chaos dwarfs from a couple months back done.  And OMG soooo many bones. 

7 people like this

I'm hesitant to make goals, lest the fates view it as a challenge, But I shall attempt to finish the following by the end of the month, some of whom have been sitting since January on my desk stareing at me

Elf, Wizard, and Barbarian from Dungeon Saga

Mariel Twinspar

highland familiar dwarf

highland heroine

aina the valkrye

bones female viking

2 bones female barbarians

berekly zombie survivor

witch whose name I can't recall

old school domor

I've told myself I'm not allowed to open another blister pack until these are done. Because there's more on the end table and lamp shelf whose impatience is reaching atomic proportions.

5 people like this

15 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

My goal is to not paint anything.

(i always end up breaking these goals so I'll try and use failure to my advantage)

I've tried this in the past.  It has yet to work out the way I thought it would.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

My goal is to do better than in June (I finished zero minis), and since I already finished 2 Ral Partha crocodiles today I am already there....

Actually, I hope to finish another 3 crocs and a few others too.

Edited by Citrine
Spelling
7 people like this

I might . . . MIGHT actually start painting my Mansions of Madness minis after a month of practicing with Bones pieces.

6 people like this

Elf Wizards (one is at about 90%, the other maybe... 60%?)

Werebat (pretty much finished it tonight... let's call it 98% done)

Kagunk, Ogre Chief, brown lined

Reapercon Diorama Minis cleaned and mold lines removed

GW Witch Hunter base colors done

For the month, I want to finish the elves, werebat, Kagunk, and the Witch Hunter, and make a decent start on the diorama minis. We'll see...

8 people like this

I've opted to continue assembly.  Put together the Primaris Captain, two Intercessors, one Hellblaster, and the Inceptor Sergeant but left the jump pack separate for easier painting. Nine Primaris figures remain. Then the Death Guard.

7 people like this

On 7/2/2017 at 7:46 AM, SparrowMarie said:

July Goals:

• Finish Fire giants (3). This is about half way done already as of now.
  • 2 NPC's for our Exalted 3rd game
  • 2 PC's for Exalted 3rd
  • Start on PC's for D&D (currently 2)

Fire giants have gone on the back burner for now. I got a bunch of stuff added to finish in a couple of weeks. Here is the new list (and what I have left).

• Damien, Hellborn Wizard (4E PC)
  • Goblin Commanders
  • Kobold Command
  • 1 PC mini for Exalted
  • 1 NPC mini for Exalted
  • Young Fire Dragon

The minis I don't have names for are from Bones 3 and I haven't figured out a way to find names for them yet. 

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

1-3) Paint the 3 PC figures I'm working on right now. 

4) Forge Guardian for Jasper

5) Finish the KD "Distracted" project. 

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
5 people like this

One more Intercessor assembled last night.  Only two more of those left to assemble.

4 people like this

On 7/1/2017 at 10:47 AM, hdclearman said:

My wife will be out of town for two weeks this month.  Not really sure how that is going to factor into my hobby goals.  I would like to be ambitious and really focus while she is out.  Not sure how well that will work out.

That said, I know I will be:

*  Planning my RPChallenge work and progressing on them. 

*  Continuing work on ReaperCon17 entries.

*  Insert ambition here. Suggestions welcome.

New goal for July:  Rebuild paint rack.

The wife and I made an impromptu trip to Las Vegas this past weekend, during which we received a call from the kids that the paint rack collapsed dumping its contents onto the floor.  Thankfully only a couple models were damaged, and nothing that could not be repaired.

The youngest was industrious enough to collect each bottle and place them in numerical order on the desk.  Kept her occupied for a few hours.

6 people like this

After a 13 hour panting spree, all that's left of the original desk dwellers are old school domor, and the 3 dungeon saga heroes. I'm hoping to get them done next Monday or Tuesday when I have time off work.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

Brought over from an errant post in the June topic:  My July painting goal is simple: 10 Ral Partha and 6 Grenadier zombies.  They are primed, but it may be a couple of weeks before they see any real paint.

Stretch goal: if I get the zombies done in time, I'll make a run at 19 Ral Partha skeletons.  

Considering I've only painted 17 minis all year (15 in early January, then nothing until 2 in June), knocking out 35 total in a couple of weeks would be great progress for me.  Motivation?  Six Month Mountain (of unpainted minis) Reduction Challenge, aka 6MMRPC, running from July 1 thru December 31.  Also, the zombies will serve as proxies in Zombicide: Black Plague, and all will help me improve my speed/tabletop technique.  I iz a slooow painter. <_<  :poke:  :lol:

Edited by GreyHorde
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

4 critters from Bones2 core - basilisk, big grub, brain eater, grick.  They are done and mostly green. 

put a lot of paint on Fire Giant Jailer - not even close to done. 

finished watching shading and highlighting from DVD series, again. I think this part is sinking in. 

- either I have going to have to watch each segment multiple times, or take notes.

learning is hard, but taking notes has always helped me, so ill try that next time.  

Edited by Evilhalfling
5 people like this

I've been plugging away at some 1/72 Vikings, with two bases of six each starting basing this morning...

7 people like this