17 hours ago, GreyHorde said:

Brought over from an errant post in the June topic:  My July painting goal is simple: 10 Ral Partha and 6 Grenadier zombies.  They are primed, but it may be a couple of weeks before they see any real paint.

Stretch goal: if I get the zombies done in time, I'll make a run at 19 Ral Partha skeletons.  

Considering I've only painted 17 minis all year (15 in early January, then nothing until 2 in June), knocking out 35 total in a couple of weeks would be great progress for me.  Motivation?  Six Month Mountain (of unpainted minis) Reduction Challenge, aka 6MMRPC, running from July 1 thru December 31.  Also, the zombies will serve as proxies in Zombicide: Black Plague, and all will help me improve my speed/tabletop technique.  I iz a slooow painter. <_<  :poke:  :lol:

I'm technically doing the same challenge... Of course with ReaperCon falling right in the middle of it... :unsure: 

• Like 5

My goal was to do my summer exchange mini. Half way through July I'm making good progress. Didn't do anything in early July but this week with the arrival of my new paints I've been getting an hour or two in every evening. Pushing myself more on the quality side than I have for a very long time and very happy with how it's turning out. Slapped a little paint on some other minis but mostly focused on the one. I'm going to be a bit sad when I have to ship it off to someone else but I think they'll be happy. The biggest problem I had was that I didn't get the full skin triads in the batch of paint I got off ebay. I have one of each triad, usually the highlight colour. So I mixed some new Reaper with the dark skins from Citadel and P3 to get a shade I was satisfied with.

• Like 5

That's the thing about giving minis as gifts, quite often it turns out so well you want to keep it. Quite a few of my mini purchases wind up as gifts for coworkers and I'm now finding myself buying copies of them for my own shelf.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

That's the thing about giving minis as gifts, quite often it turns out so well you want to keep it. Quite a few of my mini purchases wind up as gifts for coworkers and I'm now finding myself buying copies of them for my own shelf.

Nothing wrong with buying duplicates, helps improve your skills:) Especially now with bones being so inexpensive:) 

• Like 8

On 7/1/2017 at 9:22 PM, Auberon said:

I painted a mini start to finish today, which is something I haven't done in a while.  Next up:

• Order exchange mini(s)
  • Prep exchange mini(s)
  • Start painting exchange mini(s)

In the time it takes for me to decide on and place an order, we'll see about squeezing in another mini.

Halfway through update:

• Done
  • In progress
  • One is already completed, more will be primed tomorrow.

For the bonus goal, I didn't just squeeze in one, I squeezed in two.  That makes a total of four things painted this month.

• Like 5

On 7/10/2017 at 5:10 PM, ub3r_n3rd said:

1-3) Paint the 3 PC figures I'm working on right now.  DONE!!

4) Forge Guardian for Jasper - DONE!

5) Finish the KD "Distracted" project. 

Started work on another TT+ figure today that I need to paint for a friend and is loooooong overdue and I forgot about until I started clearing my desk after finishing the other 3 figures this weekend.

Hopefully, I have enough time to finish Distracted this month too, but she's moved down in the queue a tad bit.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 6

Just finished the Forge Guardian for Jasper - that's 4 figures this month!!

I guess while I'm on a roll I need to keep going, I do have one more figure that I promised to paint for another friend, but that one will be a surprise and I won't post it on here until AFTER he gets it as he's a forum member. It's primed and ready to go, I think I'll try to do that one this week maybe start blocking in colors tonight!

• Like 6

I think I'm done my summer exchange mini. :B): But every time I look at him I find something else I want to touch up. :unsure: Leave him alone for a bit and them take a good look before sealing him. Switching over to the dragon I started a month or so ago as the main mini now.

• Like 5

On 7/2/2017 at 7:05 AM, Sergeant_Crunch said:

My goals for July:

- Paint at least a Space Marine Tactical Squad, Intercessor Squad, and Captain in Mk X Gravis armor.

- assemble the remaining Space Marines (total of 14 models)

Mid month check:

Completed assembly of the Space Marines.

Mostly finished the test marine, looks like I lost most of my highlights when I applied the matte coat...so need to go back over him.  I'm really out of practice so even just a tabletop job seems to be taking an inordinate amount of effort.

As it stands right now I've got 30 marines to paint not including the test figure and am already planning the next purchases.

20170716_230355.jpg

• Like 8

My July goals:

1) Finish hydra hunting party

2) Finally paint Sir Forscale 

3) Prepare for 7 day Ma'al draker Challenge

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 9

My goals for this month are to finish the powder room I'm redoing so I can finally get back to my models...  I miss them so and they keep grumbling at me when I sit down at my computer and ignore them...  I've got big blue sitting on my computer desk staring at me, silently judging me...  

Found a couple spots on the ice base where I can see pink foam, so I'll have to add a touch more snow there once I add the protagonists.  

So, long story short, my hobby goals for the month are to finish RL stuff so I can do hobby stuff.  

• Like 8

On 7/7/2017 at 10:11 PM, David Brawley said:

Elf Wizards (one is at about 90%, the other maybe... 60%?)

Werebat (pretty much finished it tonight... let's call it 98% done)

Kagunk, Ogre Chief, brown lined

Reapercon Diorama Minis cleaned and mold lines removed

GW Witch Hunter base colors done

For the month, I want to finish the elves, werebat, Kagunk, and the Witch Hunter, and make a decent start on the diorama minis. We'll see...

Progress made!

Elf wizard 1 calling her done

Elf wizard 2 almost done

Werebat done

Kagunk... has eyes now...

Witch Hunter... A little more progress. Shading in his clothing.

• Like 5

So yeah... I just told player #5 I would paint her figure this week as she was going to paint it herself, but is in the middle of moving and doesn't have time. She's bringing the figure to me tomorrow to strip and re-paint as she didn't like her own paintjob. 

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 6

Goals:

Fix desk

Acquire minis for game I'm supposed to run

Paint minis

Run game

There's a whole slew of secondary quests needed to get to each step but those are the main ones. Also steps 2 and 3 are more eternal and ongoing...

• Like 6

On 7/2/2017 at 7:46 AM, SparrowMarie said:

July Goals:

• Finish Fire giants (3). This is about half way done already as of now.
  • 2 NPC's for our Exalted 3rd game
  • 2 PC's for Exalted 3rd
  • Start on PC's for D&D (currently 2)

I wasn't really going to stick to this order because time constraints and whatnot so I re-prioritized things. I haven't touched the fire giants, I may not get to these for a while. I have finished one of the NPC minis and both PC minis for Exalted.  I have finished one of the two PC minis for D&D and have started on the second one. And of course I've added things to my list which are only going to get done if I finish everything but the giants and have time this week.

• Like 4