Really, I think as long as we are having fun and things are getting made/painted then it's a win! Priortization is cool if you have deadlines even if they are just made-up deadlines to drive you forward. 

• Like 6

So far this month, I finished up ten figures from my two end of June trips, and I'm about to go put a final spray varnish on a dozen 1/72 fantasy Vikings.

• Like 9

It might be a bit late to come up with July goals, but since my remaining June goals were pushed aside when my Dwarven Forge castles arrived, my one goal for the month is to finish painting the pile of dwarvenite.  I'm down to the more fiddly decorative bits.  Also try to get my photo area set back up so I can start posting pics again.  

• Like 7

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:57 PM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

My goal is to not paint anything.

(i always end up breaking these goals so I'll try and use failure to my advantage)

So far I am holding to my goal for this month.  Though the wife and kids are spending the weekend with her brother and his kids at the Great Wolf Lodge, while I have Drinking and Dragons and Frostgrave this weekend.  So there is that.

• Like 7

Got the figure from D&D group member yesterday. Soaking it now  

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 5

Motivation took a nose dive. Not just for miniature stuff though. We'll see what all I get done.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sergeant_Crunch said:

Motivation took a nose dive. Not just for miniature stuff though. We'll see what all I get done.

::(:

come on sarg! You can doooo eeeet!!

• Like 4

Just got home a bit ago, from vacation, massive amount of house work to do sadly. Plus yardwork that was left undone.

My goals for what time I've got left this month are to

1. Clean up my hobby area (sadly quite messy and crowded atm)

2. Finish off my tankbustas for my Ork army - they pretty much only need their bases done and maybe a bit more touchup.

Hopefully that'll get me all back and ready to go full steam ahead in August =D

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Sergeant_Crunch said:

Yup that's basically what has happened this month here too:( Hopefully I'll at least get my Bones III core set unboxing video done (I got it off Ebay, unfortunately missed it because of RL things in 2015) and priming my 6 mini's ready to go.

• Like 3

Powder room construction project was finished and this past weekend I managed to get a little hobby time in.  As this year was supposed to be all about Skaven (before Bones dragons and Black Plague abominations took over...), my buddy came over for a build session.  He and my son built their respective Tau while I got 10 clanrats assembled and thanks to the receipt of my BaseBoss package, based along with a dozen other bases prepped for future skittering friends.  I know 10 clanrats isn't much, and it does nothing to help the other projects get moving, but it's 10 minis who, other than a little Vallejo texture paste, are ready for primer.  Prepping for a week of travelling next week and dealing with sick kids so that's probably it for the month though...  

Oh and the new season in Diablo 3 isn't helping anything at all...  

Edited by Rahz
  • Like 6

Finished the old school Domur! July goals completed (cue Snoopy Dance) Also finished a Bones Mummy, Bobbi Jo Redneck Princess, Billy Joe Zombie Hunter, Bones Bonnie as gunslinging waitress, and Bolt Action Priest. 

Now onward to the figures from the learn to paint kits and Sir Forscale.

• Like 5

On 7/15/2017 at 11:43 PM, Auberon said:
On 7/1/2017 at 9:22 PM, Auberon said:

I painted a mini start to finish today, which is something I haven't done in a while.  Next up:

• Order exchange mini(s)
  • Prep exchange mini(s)
  • Start painting exchange mini(s)

In the time it takes for me to decide on and place an order, we'll see about squeezing in another mini.

Halfway through update:

• Done
  • In progress
  • One is already completed, more will be primed tomorrow.

For the bonus goal, I didn't just squeeze in one, I squeezed in two.  That makes a total of four things painted this month.

And done with all.  I even have a few days to spare.

• Like 4

On 7/2/2017 at 7:00 AM, Rob Dean said:

I'm starting by basing the five figures I finished at the end of the month.

Beyond that, I'm trying to work on painting cavalry faster, so I have a couple of units in process and want to finish a dozen or more, and one of the five to-be-based figures is the forerunner of a little unit of rangers, so I want to finish them too.

Well, hmmm...I do have a couple of days left and a Friday off, but I got distracted and the rangers aren't cleaned yet.  I haven't touched the cavalry units all month, except to move them out of the way, but I have finished a centaur and three individuals on horses, so at least that goal is being gestured at. ::P:

• Like 6

On 7/2/2017 at 7:46 AM, SparrowMarie said:

July Goals:

• Finish Fire giants (3). This is about half way done already as of now.
  • 2 NPC's for our Exalted 3rd game
  • 2 PC's for Exalted 3rd
  • Start on PC's for D&D (currently 2)

Finished only one of the D&D PC's the other one is about 2/3 done. Player liked it despite it not being finished yet. Fire Giants are going to have to wait for a while since Shadows of Brimstone wave 2 is arriving today. Putting that together will take priority over everything else for a while.

• Like 2