Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

10034, Wendell the Cheering Mousling

Hi, here's another Mousling I just completed. Wendell the Cheering Mousling was sculpted by Gene Van Horne. He's part of the 10034, Mousling Tavern Boxed Set.

5957197d59089_10034Wendell01.jpg.ab970281f2d976cf5f8764d99d03ac06.jpg

5957197de5d9c_10034Wendell03.jpg.23573b3028d525756b25be6ef1c0476f.jpg

5957197ee08d4_10034Wendell05.jpg.e80574667ddb386021edf1a5eed295e1.jpg

5957197f8c890_10034Wendell06.jpg.e7ec3af16b6254641f0108f906aef50b.jpg

595719802f354_10034Wendell07.jpg.5ca93f2dcf6e5bd3269e0ceca9c887ec.jpg

59571980c445a_10034Wendell08.jpg.d750ba9fd9598553db5d010eea1d7184.jpg

• Like 15

Good work; he really looks like he's about to enjoy a nice frosty beverage.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By OneBoot
      We all knew this day would come eventually. The day where OneBoot tosses the very few marbles she has left into the ocean and throws herself in after them. The blank 4th spot in my lovely Goblin Challenge signature badge has been glaring at me for several months now, and my personal circumstances have now aligned to allow me to attempt this, my final Challenge.

For those of you unfamiliar with Goblin Painting Challenges, started by our very own @buglips*the*goblin, here is a link to his Kaladrax thread that started it all: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/51269-kaladrax-in-seven-days-buglips-is-crazy-wip/&

The short version of the rules is that I will be painting up Dragons Don't Share - 2014 edition in 7 days, using no brushes larger than a size 0.

Here's the long version of the rules:

You are all invited to join me in my descent into further madness! But only if you bring chocolate and gummy worms.  

On a personal note, out of all 4 Goblin Challenges, this is actually the one I've been the most nervous about all along (yes, even more so than Ma'al Drakar). Those adventurers are likely to prove to be 5 lovely little time sinks for me, and I'll have to concentrate very hard not to get caught up in all those beautiful details on them! But who knows, maybe it'll end up being the terrain that eats all my time and sanity; we get to find out together!

My general plan is as follows:
      The first couple of days will focus on brown linering and basecoating ALL THE THINGS, while also putting on faces and eyes while my hands are still fairly steady. I will work primarily on the adventurers the first few days, but will take 'breaks' to work on the terrain and the dragon in between to let my eyes and hands relax a bit from the tiny work. My aim is to finish the adventurers by the end of Day 4, or at least get them to "good enough" status; fun fiddly detail bits can be added after this point if I have time, but even without those the figures could be declared done. My final day will likely be focused on finishing up the terrain, and possibly the dragon's wings. Not sure about that yet, but that's what I anticipate.  
      Started: April 3rd 2018, 4:00pm PDT
      Finished: April 10th 2018, 8:17am PDT
      Show-off thread:

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
    • By Pingo
      This is one of the three figures from sculptor Gene Van Horne's set 50157: Townsfolk: Ladies of the Night (or as I prefer to think of them, Women of the Regrettable Fashion Choices). I painted her up as a vampire in an attempt to show the dusky skin of the undead PoC, but I'm not sure I quite managed it.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed using all sorts of unlikely colors that ought to scream "Beware!" to anyone paying attention.

There is no WIP thread for this figure, but as always comments, critiques, and questions are welcome.

• By Sophie was taken
      Hopefully the first of many, this was an experiment in color - in this case, green. And while his wide stance was a problem at first, I made it work. Karahl Farstep:

Hood and cloak are both a mix of Brilliant Green and Linen White, 3:1 for the darker areas and 1:2 everywhere else. The cloak is shadowed with purple (thanks, @Cyradis!), and I think it came out pretty nicely in front. Had to redo the back due to becoming shadow happy.

For the light greens I was hoping to achieve something close to mint green, but it came out a lot more washed out and boring than hoped. So I freehanded borders around those parts with some Palomino Gold. Not daring enough to do anything fancier than that yet, but I think it makes a positive difference.

Comments and critiques welcome, I’d like to know what works or doesn’t, and what to try and do better next time.
    • By Gargs
      My next project, also for my current Pathfinder game. This one looks like a real fun model and am looking to improve my layering technique as there are some nice areas on him to practice that.

As always, any suggestions along the way are most welcome.  Here is in his primed glory. Hoping to get a decent amount of work on the skin done today, looking forward to doing some fun stuff with the eye as well, but waiting on some supplies (read paint) to come in first.

Oh and I totally forgot about doing a WIP of the base, but there ya go. At least there will be some stuff likely added at the end. :)

Thanks for looking!
    • By Metalchaos
      This is it! I'm done painting the Bonesylvanians collection. That's twelve Bonesylvanians from 2014 and sixteen from 2015, all in pewter.
      I want to thank everyone who commented and give feedback along the way. It was a lot of fun moments and there is still a lot more to come.

Here are the links to the individual 2015 Bonesylvanians;
      01546, Tut the Pharaoh
      01547, Cal the Skeleton
      01555, Boris the Frankenstein
      01556, Elsa the Bride of Frankenstein
      01564, Max the Nosferatu
      01565, Barb the Zombie Cheerleader
      01566, Jacques the Fly
      01567, Mary the Mermaid
      01568, Lou the Chulhu
      01569, Howie the Sea Monster
      01570, Betty the Ghost Bride
      01571, Jake the Jason Voorhees
      01572, Maddie the Gorgon (Medusa)
      01573, Mel the Bathalian (illithid)
      01575, Olive the Vampire
      01576, Gulp the Deep One

And, here are some group pictures of the Bonesylvanians class of 2015...

• Who's Online   9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)