9 posts in this topic

Nice!

The pattern on the sword sheath is neat. 

Very good for a 2nd mini!

very nice, I really like your base. The snow effects look great

Really like the gems!

Good work all over!

Also:

Spoiler

61x+JaYxkKL.jpg

1 person likes this

On 2017-07-01 at 3:10 PM, Flaming Tiki said:

for a 2nd mini, I'm happy with my progress.

You should be. That's a very nice diorama and great looking mini.

That's some excellent work right there!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Flaming Tiki
       Sneak peak at my "next" project. Custom base that I've been playing with (one of two). I made this from an old medicine jar, dollhouse crown molding (cast into a flexible piece), some strip styrene, balsafoam, smooth cast 300, alumalite quickset, and an old ring. I think that's it. Oh, and some Magic-Sculpt (two part clay) and let's not forget the tree bark. Still some clean up to do and more Magic-Sculpt/sculpting to bring the top (ground) piece together with the mountain.

• By Flaming Tiki
      Reaper Bones, Bobby Jackson sculpt. She was an uphill for me. Pretty happy with the end result, that being all that I learned with this mini.
       Thanks for stopping in.
                                      Joe   
    • By Flaming Tiki
      Here we have a blind bag Marvel 500 figure, series 8 Red Guardian. Why? Mostly just because. Impulse purchase, never seen them before, curiosity driven I suppose. Sure, but why paint it? As it turns out this fig has been a great exercise (thus far) in blending that I am in most need of. Also I have been enjoying the process of basing. Something that I am finding every bit as enjoyable as the figure painting.
        At this point I based and initial shaded/highlighted the blue with an airbrush. I used some liquid masking, won't do that again. Tough to remove. Luckily the blue paint withstood the shower and gentle toothbrush scrub that I had to resort to. The lower face area has gotten a little attention. The blues have been getting highlight brush blends. The red and white are still in the basecoat stages. More to come.

• By Flaming Tiki
      I decided that my (admittedly small) collection of figs was starting to need a feminine element. I grabbed this gal from my stash and started another project to help distract me from my other projects. I also chose her because I am trying to learn my NMM and she's got a fair amount of armor. So far I have only done a few Barbarian males, so I am trying hard to be considerably "softer" with her skin tones. Her face is the also the only skin on this fig so I am trying to give it a lot of attention as I know it will be where the eye goes first (no pun intended). 
        Hmmm, this is a phone camera photo and the skin color is a bit washed out. Oh well, this will serve as a good enough "starting point" post.

• By Flaming Tiki
       Here we have a Hero Forge custom 3d printed figure, designed by yours truly. I've read some other peoples reviews, kinda bashing them. After this, my first experience with HF, I'd have to disagree. Yes, there was some "stepping", really not much though. I sanded it back on the larger areas like the cloak. All in all the time I put into prepping this dude was less time than I normally put into any other fig. The fact that I will not find any stray mold lines as I continue to paint him is very comforting.  After priming and base coating I did a bit of wash last night, nothing out of the ordinary happened. In these pics you may notice the stepping at the end of the flail. I think its just primer/sanding, as this was the way other parts looked after prime, before paint. The other parts look just fine after base paint.  I didn't spend much attention on the ball, if it ends a bit rippled and it's the only part that is, I think it will look like part of the weapons design.

• Who's Online   32 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)