Cool.  I also like the patina.  Great effect.

• Like 1

Very nice.  I really like the contrast between the verdigris and that baleful red eye.  Great work.

The Egg

• Like 1

Oh yeah

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mutilatedlips said:

How did you apply the patina color? was it more of a wash? drybrush? something else?

It was a wash followed by edge highlighting to bring back some shine.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guindyloo
      So this guy was a relatively quick paint job - I worked on him over a couple of nights in between other figures and while things were drying. 
      I had originally basecoated him a couple of months back when I decided that I was absolutely going to paint something using Breast Cancer Awareness Pink, as I have something like 8 bottles of it at this point. This was the figure that I pulled out of my Bones drawer. I’d basecoated him and then he made his way to the Shelf of Shame unfortunately. 
      I saw him sitting up there and decided I would just have fun with it. 
      The lemures do come 2 to the pack and are in 2 different poses, but this one is the only one I have painted thus far. 

I hope y’all find him as fun as I do! 
    • By Guindyloo
      Hello fine people (and other assorted things) of the Reaper forum!

Continuing in our project of teaming up to show you two different methods to go about painting the same miniature, Buglips and I decided that we would do a WIP thread for Con Crud, Convention Zombie from the 2017 Reapercon swag bag! He's a great little figure, sculpted by Gene Van Horne, that we thought we could have some fun with.

This will be our second shared WIP thread in this series of ours, in case you missed it, check out our first one where we painted Thanis the Bonecaller:

As with that one, I will be covering my usual method of painting for display, and Buglips will be approaching the figure with his own usual "fast-but-decent method." As with the last one, Buglips' method will be much faster than mine will be and you'll get to see where our two styles diverge. We will be sharing our own issues, thoughts and methods with you in the hopes that someone will find such things useful.

So on to the mini!
      Here's my Con Crud, fresh out of his blister:

I prepped him in my usual way, with some diamond files to grind off the mold lines and bit of flash that you can see on his outstretched foot and hand. He has some notable mold lines through his hair and back and down the left (his left) side of his face. I'll show you throughout the process how I'll tackle those.

So here he is after I primed him with Reaper's Brush-On Primer in white, thinned down with some water. As usual, I only did one thin coat so as not to obscure the details on him and I took a couple of additional shots from different angles so you can see some of the mold lines that I'll need to work on a little more down the road.

• By Guildenstern
      Little bit of a center piece for this piece of terrain but it's a great little err mini. I'd like to get a couple more - slap them on some more terrain bits. Anyways:

Dry ^^

Slightly different view and slightly wet in this shot:

close up of the little attempt I made a broken computer type screen:

• By BananeDC
      Hi everyone, i'd like to share the photos of my Cadirith, from Bones II.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)