60 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Cthulhu Wars: Onslaught Three, featuring a faction called "The Ancients" has just been announced by Petersen Games, set to launch July 17th. 

EDIT: starts at 8 AM CST Monday July 17th.

Edited by Carnacki the Ghost Finder
1 person likes this

I really ought to just mail Sandy Petersen my wallet.  It'd save me a lot of time . . .

The Egg

1 person likes this

I have been playtesting much of the things I  the new Kickstarter. The Ancients are great! Even without a Great Old One, they can really wreck face. They get three Terrors instead. Although, my favorite thing is the new map! Shaggai falls apart little by little in the Doom Phase and forces everyone to fight over the scraps. It is my favorite map!

Posted (edited)

Some units from the new faction:

The Un-Men:

4516417f-0c77-44b6-ae82-6c7a739b83f9.thumb.jpg.9d1bf554a55edb9254cf37dbb09bf5a2.jpg

The Reanimated:

FB_IMG_1499014876352.jpg.f8108b19f161106c8a954b8455e23fd2.jpg

They play kind of like a heavy hitting Yellow Sign...kind of. The Ancients place buildings called Cathedrals to earn four of their spellbooks. They are social engineers that have great benefits (power and even free units) to give others and therefore can trade for things like alliances.

The new Shaggai map feels kind of like a reverse Primeval. Instead of glaciers giving everyone power, the zones get destroyed and potentially give ES when they do. If Primeval is an all out battle map with extra power to play king of the hill, then Shaggai is the knife fight in a dark alley where the factions fight over the scraps.

Edited by Talae
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The preview page is up and the campaign launches on the 17th. 

Edited by Talae

I think I can manage 2 out of 3 from this, Bones 4 and CMON's Game of Thrones game.

not sure which to go for

1 person likes this

Looks OK but i'm less impressed with most of the art/minis on this one than I was with the first two (except the In-men which are great and which the forum autospell won't let me get the name right for)

not sure if i'll be in on this one, but i'll bookmark it and check towards the end of the campaign (yet another master rulebook is also a bit off putting, since the last one was only just delivered)

2 people like this

Just now, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

Looks OK but i'm less impressed with most of the art/minis on this one than I was with the first two (except the In-men which are great and which the forum autospell won't let me get the name right for)

not sure if i'll be in on this one, but i'll bookmark it and check towards the end of the campaign (yet another master rulebook is also a bit off putting, since the last one was only just delivered)

The renders remind me a little too much of the renders for Glorantha: The Gods War.  I didn't back that so I have no idea what the final miniatures for that do or will look like.

I am loving it all! I am all in for all the new stuff!

I might be a little biased though, since I playtested it and fell in love with the rules before seeing the minis...

3 hours ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

(yet another master rulebook is also a bit off putting, since the last one was only just delivered)

My thoughts exactly . . .

The Egg

3 hours ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

IIRC, Fenris Games was the sculptor for the first KS, but not the second. Richard Luong (sp) left CW. 

I have plenty of CW stuff and mythos miniatures, and Reaper, Doomtown, and CMON KS will be coming soon, so expect to also pass. 

the reanimated are a bit too much  "servitor" for my taste.

the unmen are lovely and hideous, though.

Sadly, I'll be out.  My friends have absolutely no interest and it takes up SO much space already.

I might pick up some small additions. Kinda sad that my big omega rulebook will be out-dated unless I get a new one :P

2 hours ago, Maglok said:

I might pick up some small additions. Kinda sad that my big omega rulebook will be out-dated unless I get a new one :P

It won't be outdated. It just won't include new stuff (that you won't have if you don't buy in and get a new copy for free).

I like to think of it as me having the book for a year plus and then being able to have a second at the table to use. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now