26 posts in this topic

On 7/10/2017 at 5:44 PM, ced1106 said:

IIRC, Fenris Games was the sculptor for the first KS, but not the second. Richard Luong (sp) left CW. 

I thought Fenris did the second one too. They sell resin copies of the minis from OS2 on their site.

Speaking of the minis, the Opener cultist is getting a ton of backlash for being sexualized (well, a very loud minority - primarily two people).

2237c9f73c2ac2117614dab55675048d_origina

Posted (edited)

Hey, you can't have enough strippers in firefighter outfits.

At least for the HPL stories, descriptions of monsters, cultists, etc. were vague and often non-existent, with most entities only mentioned in passing. On top of this, many mythos dieties were worshiped by very different cultist groups, suggesting that you would either need multiple sculpts for a faction's cultists, or that most cults would be transient, anyway, so most canon cults (not to mention possibly even the human race) would have been gone or wiped out by the time Cthulhu Wars starts. I read that Sandy Petersen discusses the concept art with the artist, and, as one of the creators of the Call of Cthulhu RPG, so I guess his contribution to the mythos is as legitimate as any other mythos story writer. AFAIK, CW is a post-apoc game, and there *are* post-apoc Cthulhu stories and game material, such as the Yellow Dawn RPG, that has been published, but they're obviously not considered canon by mythos readers. 

Edited by ced1106

I am headed to a local Con tomorrow and Sunday. Going to get in at least two games of Cthulhu Wars and going to make at least one of them be the Shaggai map. Should be fun!

Less than 8 hours!

CthulhuWars.com directed to the preview page before they took it down to edit stuff. I think it should redirect there again tomorrow.

Posted (edited)

It is Live!

www.CthulhuWars.com

(And funded in just under 30minutes)

Edited by Talae

I'm in for $200.

The Egg

1 person likes this

100 dice for $60 is tough to pass up...

13 hours ago, Talae said:

100 dice for $60 is tough to pass up...

Dammit!  In for another $60 . . . .

The Egg

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Egg of Coot said:

Dammit!  In for another $60 . . . .

The Egg

Glad we can share in our reckless financial decisions...

I ran a demo game on the playtest Shaggai map last night with the new Cthulhu Faction updates. I love this map!

20170720_224506.thumb.jpg.e5c7c33e17c3ade33159656defe0e81a.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marc
      New Paths Compendium: Pathfinder RPG Expanded Edition
      Revised and expanded hardcover for Pathfinder RPG with new classes, feats, spells, and art, from arcane paladins to warlocks! From Kobold Press.

Check out the New Paths Compendium Kickstarter!

• By Darcstaar
      Here is another figure from Imperial Assault Core Game, by Fantasy Flight Games.
      Darth Vader.
      At once simple but difficult.  Trying to achieve dull black and shiny black on the same figure was not easy.
      I followed Sorastro's guides, but with Reaper Paint.
      I think this was the first figure I broke out my then newly acquired Citadel shades for the OSL.
      The black was Black with varying amounts of Snow Shadow for highlights, and then a small dab of a Reaper Sample that is somewhere between ghost white and snow shadow.
      The camera flash definitely grayed it up, but when I took the pics with just the light box, it was too dark.
      It has some gloss varnish on the helmet and shoulder armor.

Let me know what you think.
      Thanks for looking.

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project

• By Darcstaar
      Here is another upload of what I have been working on for the last 18 months: Imperial Assault Core Game.
      Here is Diala Passil, the Padawan Light Saber wielder of the core 6 heroes in the game.  My color scheme follows the character art and Sorastro guide, but with Reaper and Vallejo Game Color paints.
      The camera makes the cloak look a lot more bright red than it really is.  It ended up a sort of brick red in-hand.
      Overall, the saber blade was my least favorite part of this mini.

Colors are under spoiler

• By SamuraiJack

About this project

A Song of Ice & Fire: Tabletop Miniatures Game is a competitive miniatures game for two or more players. Each player controls one of the Great Houses of Westeros, commanding battlefield units, recruiting legendary Heroes, and manipulating the political stage, in the attempt to claim the greatest prize of all: The Iron Throne. Featuring House Stark and House Lannister, the Starter Set comes with over one hundred amazing, preassembled miniatures that are ready to play out of the box! All-new sculpts are based off original art created for the game by our crew under the direct supervision of George R.R. Martin and Dark Sword Miniatures, to ensure that the game delivers what fans have been envisioning for years.
      The Stark vs Lannister Starter Set is a perfect introduction to a new miniatures game. With accessible and streamlined gameplay designed by Eric M. Lang and Michael Shinall, A Song of Ice and Fire: Tabletop Miniatures Game features 5 different Game Modes, Army Building and Customization options, and choices of Commanders and Attachments. This Set packs a lot of gameplay for 2 players!
      An example of the Starter Set miniatures painted. Note that minis come unpainted!  
      The loyal followers of the Direwolf Banner rally to defend the North! Miniatures come unpainted. Just before starting a game, players must build their armies, based on an agreed upon amount of points. Using these points, players forge the core of their army with powerful  Combat Units, such as the Stark Sworn Swords or Lannister Guards into their army. Each of these units has its own strengths and weaknesses.
      3D Render of the Stark Sworn Swords. 2 copies of this unit are included in the Starter Set!  
      3D Render of the Lannister Guards. 2 copies of this unit are included in the Starter Set!  
      Combat Unit cards  
      Attachments
      A player can also augment these units with powerful Attachments, which range from generic additions, like the Lannister Guard Captain, to legendary figures such as Ser Gregor Clegane: The Mountain.
      3D Renders of Robb Stark, Grey Wind and Ser Gregor 'The Mountain' Clegane  
      Greatjon Umber attached to the Umber Berserkers   
  • Who's Online   43 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)