TGP

Getting to Know Each Other = July Edition

54 minutes ago, TGP said:

Question for July 19: How many hours, Q, would you add to the day??

Q: Puny human.  Why do you still measure orbits in hours?  You should join us me *cough* in the universal time allocation which does not correlate to your days or weeks or months because they are not based on a lunar calendar but on the speed of quark pulses in a plasma suspended state as they pass between galaxies thus less influenced by gravitational forces that arise from calculations based off the centers of mass amounts of stars.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TGP said:

CHICKEN!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Heh, I've often joked that I wish days were like 72 hours long provided that I still only needed to work roughly 8 hours (I'm salaried so I rarely work only 8 hours a day). 

As a practical matter though, 2-4 would work fairly well in allowing me extra time for errands and hobbies while still getting plenty of sleep. Much more than that and I'd just get tired anyway. Now, if I could somehow finagle a two day work week . . . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Depends.  Do I still have to sleep?  Do I still feel fatigue?

If I have to sleep, I'd add enough hours for me to get an actual good night's rest.  Between projects and being on call, I've gotten much less sleep than I need.

If I still feel fatigue, there's not much point in adding additional waking time.  Otherwise, I'll just feel tired when I add more time so I can paint or read or whatever.

If I neither need sleep nor feel fatigue, I would add just enough time for me to accomplish things.  This assumes I can snap my fingers and pause time for everyone else.  I don't want to be a jerk and force everyone else to suffer through a 96 hour day.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TGP said:

It would depend on how much I needed to get done before the end of the day, or possibly if I wanted to draw out a fun day and keep it from ending.

• Like 3

I'm terrible and only know of Q, but nothing much about him. Might & Magic VI has him as an easter egg monster in a tough dungeon though. You find the secret door, and a fat man enemy is there with a few million HP. He does no damage unless he randomly kills one of your party. If you beat him you get wicked loot. 

Hours in the day? I'd add 4hrs to the day. Mostly for sleeping purposes. 

• Like 3

Since everything I do would expand to fill the extra time, the question is moot.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Pssssshhhh silly humans, if I gave you an extra 4 hours then you'd find some way to waste that extra time in meetings.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TGP said:

None.

I'm certain that they would end up finding some way of making me work longer.<_<

• Like 4

6 hours ago, knarthex said:

I would rather change the rotation speed of the planet...

You purpled...

...but that is indeed the sort of power a Q would have. 

• Like 2