13 posts in this topic

Details:

DSC_0437-females-above.jpg.1b3737110900d7ad07ed62b385c34729.jpg

DSC_0401-face.jpg.e2f17dc6455aacf186eb7f34b96eff1a.jpgDSC_0408-face.jpg.5e738e029f2ddbcf70fccb0b24f94fba.jpg

DSC_0419-face.jpg.c90ee9887c02428d12dd4552c6421403.jpg  DSC_0428-face.jpg.c22660c50e1185f650ea9054826ea2b2.jpg

19 people like this

You accomplished a lot given the very short time frame to paint them.  I'm amazed at the life the faces have!

1 person likes this

They look fantastic, Pingo!

1 person likes this

nice job

1 person likes this

They look great!

Those faces are amazing!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

WONDERFUL! It was a pleasure watching the Bold Adventurers evolve. I have developed a true love of your painting style. There is something of John Blanche to it, yet uniquely your own. Your creations are the beneficiaries of some FINE brushwork & an imaginative eye for colors. VERY WELL DONE!

Edited by malefactus
2 people like this

I think I’ve said it before but I really like your painting style. I’ve never seen another quite the same and I think it’s cool and looks great. 

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:

I think I’ve said it before but I really like your painting style. I’ve never seen another quite the same and I think it’s cool and looks great. 

Well, thank you, that's very kind!

I'm not sure exactly what my style is, but I don't mind if people imitate it.

1 person likes this

I am stunned by the job on the elf ranger’s eye!  Many people struggle with getting a black dot in the white eye in the right place.  You have a dark area under the upper eyelid, only part of the iris visible and even a white reflection in the corner!  Amazing!!

2 people like this

Wow! They are beautiful! And speed paint you say? This is very uncanny.. Those eyes.. Wow again!

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, stormbreach said:

I am stunned by the job on the elf ranger’s eye!  Many people struggle with getting a black dot in the white eye in the right place.  You have a dark area under the upper eyelid, only part of the iris visible and even a white reflection in the corner!  Amazing!!

4 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Wow! They are beautiful! And speed paint you say? This is very uncanny.. Those eyes.. Wow again!

Thank you!  I ... really enjoy painting eyes, I guess.  Well, faces overall.

(I am an artist in my day job.  That probably helps.)

There is a WIP thread here:

This was a speed paint by my standards.  I think the whole batch was painted in about six or seven hours over two afternoons, the first day for the faces, the second for everything else.

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sophie was taken
      Took a break from other things to get back to basics, and also try a few things out. Here’s Feiya:

This was a quick and simple job, an attempt to work on picking out details as well as experimenting with various paints. I decided to go with assorted primary colors mostly (as I don’t really have much else). You can’t really see the highlights in these pics, mostly because I hardly did any.

I started with a wash of Brown Liner, which turned out surprisingly well. Leaf Green was used for the cape and Blood Red on her leathers. I think she’s holding a fireball but I went with Sapphire Blue, so now it’s more of a Faberge egg. The wrappings on her staff are Sun Yellow with some whites, and boots and head jewelry were done with metallics. Her socks are Linen White, but white cloth is apparently something I need more work on. Finally, the base was given a layer of Ginger Cookie over the liner.

It isn’t the prettiest work ever, but it turned out better than I’d expected. Most importantly, it gave me an idea of what to work on and which colors I’ll need to think about acquiring in the future.
    • By Metalchaos
      Here are "many" pictures of my entry for the Reaper 4th Quarterly Facebook Group Painting Contest.
      I wanted unusual colors for the armor and after painting her, I decided to call her "Pink kills".
      Shaern Female Antipaladin was scuplted by Bobby Jackson.
      The pieces of monster on the base are parts from Reaper's 03334, Creature Components and 03440, Creature Components II.

The first picture was my entry in the contest. Comments and critiques are very welcome.

• By Sophie was taken
      Time to start painting again. Figured I'd pick up where I left off, and that is with (the old) Learn to Paint Kit #5. The dwarf is painted, but I never got around to the paladin before moving cross-country. So here she is, bare:

And primed:

I thought posting a WIP would help me track my progress a bit better, and force me to not chicken out of finishing her up. I'm still a beginner, after all.
    • By Pingo
      By itself this figure is 02863: Female Werewolf by James van Schaik, but to be clear I got mine as part of the set 03495: DHL Classics: Lady Lycanthropes. I have two copies, but of course they are sold singly.

It's an evocative little figure, with a slim build and fur suggestive of long hair. The tail is a separate piece which was too thin for my pinning skills, so it is simply glued on.

I decided to paint these two in realistic wolf style. - That is, colored as real wolves would be, though distorted.

After cleaning up mold lines, I prepared them by priming thinly with Titanium White and washing over with Burnt Umber.

I also threw a quick green on the bases mixed from Yellow Oxide, Hansa Yellow and a small amount of Carbon Black (yellow + black is a fun and unexpected way to make bright greens!).

Those broccoli bases caused me endless trouble.  Note the tiny white specks on them?  Those are tiny pits where the paint didn't take. I will eventually come to spend all sorts of time poking with specially thinned paint and tiny brushes trying to eliminate those white spots.
    • By Rob Dean
      Last week was a hectic one at work, but I am now finished with an event that took a year to plan.  I ended up relaxing with my paintbrush for a little while this weekend.  I have had these two guys stalled in my paint queue for a good long while. According to my painting records, the last time I finished a 54 for this project was 2012.  

The monk on the left is a metal figure from Irregular Miniatures, and is one of a handful of medieval civilians they have.  The archer is a plastic toy, a reissue from the molds for the Marx 54mm Robin Hood set, probably sculpted in the early 1960s. 

They are intended to add a little variety to my 54mm medieval skirmish games, mostly populated by Accurate plastic figures.  Here's a shot from a game at Historicon in 2014, to give the idea:

I have been considering bringing this to Gencon next year, travel method and hotel permitting, since the 54s show up nicely at a con. After these two, it's back to 25s again for a while, since I have a higher priority project I want to finish up...

• Who's Online   23 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)