Lt. Coldfire

Female Archer from Dark Sword Miniatures

She is one that I really want, she is so stinkin' cute! Nicely painted. I like the colors you chose. The aqua and blue compliments the red hair. Pretty!

• Like 6

Great paint job.  I really like how realistic this mini is, the bow looks as though it was sculpted by someone familiar with archery as opposed to the video game nonsense often seen in miniatures.

Good paintin'!

A well-sculpted Dark Sword figure and a really nice paint job.  Bobby Jackson did the fine sculpting on a simple, elegant pose.  Lt. Coldfire's colors are super similar to the stock photos by Marike, and they work beautifully.

I checked this one on their site and there's no bare metal photo.  I'm glad Reaper shows their almost bare metal figures (with primer) most of the time.  It's nice to see what you're starting with.

For the curious, here's a pic of SKU DSM7311 painted by Marike:

Spoiler

7311_f1_p.jpg

• Like 2

The precision you have on the shading is incredible. Very nice work! 

I have to echo everyone else and say the colors choice and application are beautiful. The sculpt has a great deal of life to it and you've really made it pop!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aard_Rinn
      So, one of my personal mini projects atm is working on some of the NPCs my players in my homebrew campaign are encountering.  And one of my favorite groups in that world are the Hunts - a loose-bound organization of groups (each called a Hunt) of fighters/mercenaries/warriors, each with their own specialty, who dedicated themselves to maintaining the roads and paths of Fidel during the millenia-long anarchy of the Mortal Wars.

Now, what makes the Hunts distinctive from any other mercenary bands? Well, they ride BADASS FLYING MOUNTS.

Gryphons, for the most part, although one or two specialize in pegasi, and a few ride more esoteric things... 

Four NPCs intimately intertwined with the group are members of the Red Hunt - a sort of catch-all for powerful, destructive mages. Faukner, her apprentices Formel and Tiercel, and her wife, Charr. 

So, I've had the Stonehaven Half-Dragon Duelist for ages. It's one of my favorite dragonborn minis, and I decided it'd be perfect for the swashbuckling Charr... It's a great mini, neat and clean with tons of personality.

To give you an idea of who Charr is...

Anyways, I've decided to do a WIP of this set of minis, starting with Charr's two forms. This is the thread for her humanoid form, obviously - I'm painting up the Temple Dragon for her dragonness form, and I'll try to do a WIP for that, too.

So!

I started off nice and simple - hit the face with some red, and decided on a blue-and-white scheme for the cloths. I'm trying to bring out some of the swashbuckler in this mini, so I like the naval colors. That said, I could use ideas for the cravat.

Ordinarily, I'd paint my dragonborn's hair simularly to her scales and try to ignore it, but gonna go with dark for these dreads. They're sweet as hell. Wish DSM would give us a KS for these.

And there's the face, pretty much finished, TBH! I washed it with Games Workshop's purple wash, pretty heavily so it'd sit well in the mouth and scale cracks, and then highlighted just with pure red. This is a proof-of-concept for the temple dragon, as well as a mini on it's own, and I'm pretty happy with it! Used Palimimo Gold for the eyes - something else that'll carry over!
    • By Vacaroja
      It all started with a D&D group forming.  That's when I started up the painting minis in June.  And having trouble finding figures that we felt represented our characters, I opted to have some fun and use some anthropomorphic Dark Sword critters.  Plus, I admit I was a little scared of doing human faces on my first go.

What they represent in our game, from left to right -
      A Half Elf warlock, a Goliath warrior, an Elf swashbuckler, and a Dragonkin cleric of Talos.

And the badger's weapon is a conversion because the original mace head broke off and my friend's character carried a glaive.  I bought one of the Reaper weapon packs and used a piece from that for the conversion.  I also got a surprise and found that I had already bought the badger a long time ago, so I had two!  So I painted both up and call them "The Brothers".

I love their furry cloaks.
    • By Nightwing
      Hi everyone, I finished Tuilin tonight. Color scheme was dictated by my wife and 5-year old daughter, right down to the sapphires and yellow flowers. I like her a lot. This was my first attempt at black hair. Critiques welcome!

• By Pingo
      I had two copies of James van Schaik's 02863: Female Werewolf, so I decided to paint them with slight variations.

I've painted them with realistic wolf coloring.  That is, they are colored like actual wolves that have been pulled and distorted into humanoid shapes rather than the solid black or gray common in werewolf depictions.

WIP thread here.
    • By fanguad
      I started working on Kitty about 2 years ago.  I decided to bring her along to ReaperCon where I got in the zone with her and finished her off.  Lots of greens and yellows, but it's all centered around P3 Wurm Green, which is mixed into nearly everything.  (I think I had just bought a pot of it right when I first started the mini).  Helpful suggestions from other attendees and teachers (Cathy Wappel and Rhonda Bender in particular) definitely improved the quality.  The base material is from a tub of stuff I received from Frontline Games in my swag bag.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)