Lt. Coldfire

Female Archer from Dark Sword Miniatures

17 posts in this topic

very nice job. nice choice of colors

3 people like this

She is one that I really want, she is so stinkin' cute! Nicely painted. I like the colors you chose. The aqua and blue compliments the red hair. Pretty!

6 people like this

Those colors....wowwowwowwow!

1 person likes this

Great paint job.  I really like how realistic this mini is, the bow looks as though it was sculpted by someone familiar with archery as opposed to the video game nonsense often seen in miniatures.

Good paintin'!

Fantastic paint job - really great! Sigh - another mini to add to my wanted list...

OMG!

Awesome!

A well-sculpted Dark Sword figure and a really nice paint job.  Bobby Jackson did the fine sculpting on a simple, elegant pose.  Lt. Coldfire's colors are super similar to the stock photos by Marike, and they work beautifully.

I checked this one on their site and there's no bare metal photo.  I'm glad Reaper shows their almost bare metal figures (with primer) most of the time.  It's nice to see what you're starting with.

For the curious, here's a pic of SKU DSM7311 painted by Marike:

Spoiler

7311_f1_p.jpg

2 people like this

Love the hair.  Great work.

The precision you have on the shading is incredible. Very nice work! 

Really nice work & a great choice of colours.

She's beautiful!

Fantastic color choices, well implemented.

I have to echo everyone else and say the colors choice and application are beautiful. The sculpt has a great deal of life to it and you've really made it pop!

A lovely piece of work you have posted there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SGHawkins09
      Well, I finally got to a point on these where it would be worth it to post. These are my major projects that I will be working on for the next few months and all four are planned ReaperCon entries. Right now there is not much to see as they are just at the primer stage but the bases are built and also ready for paint. So from left to right we have the Dark Elf Assassin from Scale 75, Tarko from Scale 75's Fallen Frontiers line, Dark Sword's Wood Elf Warrior, and Reaper's own Crimson Herald.

Please excuse the blurry pics, I am cleaning my apartment and this was the best place to take pics.

• By Cyradis
      I got my Stephanie Law KS pack from DSM. Its awesome. There are many more pieces to glue than in Reaper figures so I'm kinda worried about that. Anyway, onto the not so pressing but very fun matter. 

I had the honor of being the first one to get a goofed up package in the kickstarter. I got the male necromancer (arms and body), the arms of the male bard, and a second male necromancer body. DSM swiftly sent out a replacement bard, complete with a body and arms. 

Goal: The Necrobard

Now I have spare bard arms and a spare necromancer body. Dilemma: the arms are well, arms. The body needs a single arm. The socket is also not perfect due to slightly different clothing but it is darn close. The arm and the arm-hole that are needed are both at the elbow joint. 

How would you recommend taking the right hand off the lute so that the male necromancer can be holding a lute in front of him in his left hand? Thus he would become the necrobard, who would sing the dead back to life. 

• By Cyradis
      I got the critters as an addon to the DSM kickstarter recently. The first thing I am painting is this guy, a musk ox warrior. He's big, so priming took a while. And I am using a crummy brush for base coating all this fur because it is a brush mangler until I get to the nitpicky stuff. 

I'm trying to make the small bit of chainmail 1) NMM to see if I can do it and 2) slightly tarnished. I don't think thia guy is good at cleaning. 

Armor color themes I am thinking dark red primarily, with black, blue, and green accents. I was looking up eskimo art for the sake of doing his belt-thing justice, and those seem like reasonable colors to go with. 

Thanks to the CMPA for the poster tack and the jar idea - had to find a big jar for him!

• By Cyradis
      I dragged my boyfriend to the CMPA paint meeting. He chose a mousling archer as his first figure (effectively, he did a few as a kid). For a total newb, he did pretty darn well! He got the eyes with accuracy!

He also wants to get C&C and whatever pointers you want to throw at him that myself and the CO painters missed. 

Bam! 

• Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)