Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lt. Coldfire

03600: Praying Paladin

8 posts in this topic

nice job, I like the subtle flat colors. It give it a worn look

Nice!  Definitely not a color palette I often see for armor.  I envy the smooth transitions on those gradients!  :)

Love the greenish armor!

Very nice paint job, I also like the greenish armor.:winkthumbs:

What color is that green?  Nice job!!

Nice paint palette. The red in the base color really makes the green stand out well for a "muted" color.

10 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

What color is that green?  Nice job!!

I started with a standard metallic color, I believe here I either used Speed Metal or Heavy Metal from Scale75.  From there I applied some watered down Biel-Tan Green from Citadel Shade wherever I felt inspired.  For the shadows, like underneath his arms, I darkened the wash with Nuln Oil from Citadel.  

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Skrill
      Hi,
      I painted "Eric, the Paladin initiate" as a random mini from Bones 2.
      I like his contemplative look and pose... So I decided to make a little vignette/diorama by adding one of the graveyard statue from Bones3.

I call it "Time to Reflect".

The base is an Orange juice cap, and the tree is from Woodland Scenic.

C&C Welcome

• By Pochi
      Here is the warrior/paladin guy from my Dragons Don't Share 2 set. He came without his shield so I used one of the new ones from Bones 3. I realized after I super glued it that I stuck it on wrong. Too bad because my super glue works tremendously well! It's not that big of a deal to me so I went ahead and painted him up. I really like how he turned out and I hope you guys do too!

C&C always welcome.

• By PurpleLlama
      I'm going to be playing in a second D&D group starting in a couple of weeks so I decided to get started on painting up my new character.  I'm using darksword miniatures male warrior as my 2-handed vengeance paladin.  It's really the only two handed weapon sculpt I could find that I really liked.

I decided to just leave him on his base with how the sword is.  I had to assemble the hand with the sword as there were two options for weapons, the greatsword and a great axe.  

Mold lines really weren't too bad.

I decided to go with a red cloak since he's going to be from the order of the gilded eye.  Their symbol looks to be a red background with a white gauntlet with an eye on the fist.  I don't think I'm going to add the symbol to the cloak.  Maybe if he had a shield I would give some freehand a try.

Most of the base base coating is completed and I got started on the eyes. The armor I base coated a dark grey as I plan to highlight up from there to make the armor white.  So the only areas the base coat should be showing is the shaded areas.  I might add or subtract some gold details on the armor as I progress.  Also the boots seem like they should be leather the more that I look at the details.

For the most part they don't look too bad.  I'm going to try and get the black outline a little thinner when I do the skin.  Also the left eye is a little larger than the right, but I don't think it looks too bad.  I'm undecided on touching it at this point because I don't want to really mess it up.

• By Eternalhero1983
      A recent miniature to get me out of my two year funk

• By Chris Palmer
      This past week I painted Jurden, Half-Orc Paladin, from the Bones 3 Heroes I Set.   I did a weapon swap on him with the new Bones 3 clear weapons, just to experiment.  He looked like the kind of senior-ranked, wealthy, individual who could be wielding a magic crystal sword.  In looking at this figure, there wasn't anything particularly orc-ish about it, so I decided to just paint it as a regular human.

Full painting article on my blog: Jurden
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)