Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I finally finished my Dragons Don't Share! I have another that I purchased to paint sometime next year!
For this one, I was inspired by the ruins of Pompeii. I went with the yellowish stones and added frescoes and statues. There is also a bird in a nest, a lizard, butterfly, and bunny in amongst the ruins. I used a lizard photo to design my dragon instead of going with a "usual" color. I thought he fit in with the ruins.
You can see the work in progress here:
C&C welcome! Thanks for looking!
There are lots more photos on my page. The link is in my signature.
By Sophie was taken
I was in the mood to try out some metallics, and the victimsubject this time was Finari (apologies for the subpar pics):
There were some issues with this sculpt. Most of her face was offset a couple millimeters forward, so there was an odd bump to one side. Additionally, her left foot has a large chunk that just isn’t there, just below the sword. These I hid as best I could.
For the majority of her armor, I mixed three parts Royal Purple with one part Honed Steel. Compared to some other combinations I’ve tried out lately, this ended up being a nice metallic while keeping close to the base color.
Rivets and ornamentation were done in Antique Gold with New Gold highlights. Not pleased with how splotchy the breastplate turned out, however.
There was one detail that still eludes me. You can see in the rear view a lump of some sort next to her shield. It isn’t part of her arm or any bit of armor that I’m aware of, so I made it into a...brownish leather thing.
C&C appreciated, armor isn't something I’ve done much of and I need to get better at it.
Her meditation was disrupted by the soft knocking at her cell in the basement of the temple grounds. The acolyte's tone spoke of subtle alarm and a sense of urgency.
- You have a visitor Master Paladin, Ma'am. He says you know him.
- Does he now. Did he give a name?
- Yes Ma'am, he said you would know him as ehem "Orc Slayer"?
- I see. I will see him at the Chapel shortly.
- So it is you Arthrand.. It has been a long time.
- It indeed has Finari. I would love to sit and chat and share fond memories of vanquishing evil but I have dire news and an urgent mission.
- That I can see. What is it this time?
- A necromancer, headed to the ruins of Felstad.
- I see.. You do know that we have to fight magic with magic, right? I will gladly join you but we need magicians we can trust if we are to prevail.
- Of course. I am on it already.. so, you are in?
- When do we ride?
Speed paint and home made snow.
This particular bones figure was a little disfigured at the face.. Well, gotta work with what you have..
Thanks for looking and C&C is always welcome.
I haven't painted much in the past couple months, so I thought I'd correct that by repainting an old model that I had painted when I started the hobby and had stripped down awhile back. I thought I had pictures from earlier, but apparently I have lost them over time. Oh well.
Here she is, my Flaming Fist mercenary version of Isabeau:
Who's Online 45 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Darsc Zacal
- Paradoxical Mouse
- Geoff Davis
- Lidless Eye
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Chris Palmer
- Rob Dean