Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Coldfire

03600: Praying Paladin

nice job, I like the subtle flat colors. It give it a worn look

Nice!  Definitely not a color palette I often see for armor.  I envy the smooth transitions on those gradients!  :)

10 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

What color is that green?  Nice job!!

I started with a standard metallic color, I believe here I either used Speed Metal or Heavy Metal from Scale75.  From there I applied some watered down Biel-Tan Green from Citadel Shade wherever I felt inspired.  For the shadows, like underneath his arms, I darkened the wash with Nuln Oil from Citadel.  

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sophie was taken
      I was in the mood to try out some metallics, and the victimsubject this time was Finari (apologies for the subpar pics):

There were some issues with this sculpt. Most of her face was offset a couple millimeters forward, so there was an odd bump to one side. Additionally, her left foot has a large chunk that just isn’t there, just below the sword. These I hid as best I could.

For the majority of her armor, I mixed three parts Royal Purple with one part Honed Steel. Compared to some other combinations I’ve tried out lately, this ended up being a nice metallic while keeping close to the base color.

Rivets and ornamentation were done in Antique Gold with New Gold highlights. Not pleased with how splotchy the breastplate turned out, however.

There was one detail that still eludes me. You can see in the rear view a lump of some sort next to her shield. It isn’t part of her arm or any bit of armor that I’m aware of, so I made it into a...brownish leather thing. 

C&C appreciated, armor isn't something I’ve done much of and I need to get better at it.
    • By VolksFest
      Her meditation was disrupted by the soft knocking at her cell in the basement of the temple grounds. The acolyte's tone spoke of subtle alarm and a sense of urgency. 
      - You have a visitor Master Paladin, Ma'am. He says you know him.
      - Does he now. Did he give a name?
      - Yes Ma'am, he said you would know him as ehem "Orc Slayer"? 
      - I see. I will see him at the Chapel shortly.

- So it is you Arthrand.. It has been a long time.
      - It indeed has Finari. I would love to sit and chat and share fond memories of vanquishing evil but I have dire news and an urgent mission.
      - That I can see. What is it this time?
      - A necromancer, headed to the ruins of Felstad.
      - I see.. You do know that we have to fight magic with magic, right? I will gladly join you but we need magicians we can trust if we are to prevail.
      - Of course. I am on it already.. so, you are in?
      - When do we ride?

Speed paint and home made snow.

This particular bones figure was a little disfigured at the face.. Well, gotta work with what you have.. 

Thanks for looking and C&C is always welcome.
    • By evilcoatrack
      I haven't painted much in the past couple months, so I thought I'd correct that by repainting an old model that I had painted when I started the hobby and had stripped down awhile back.  I thought I had pictures from earlier, but apparently I have lost them over time.  Oh well.

Here she is, my Flaming Fist mercenary version of Isabeau:

• By Skrill
      Hi,
      I painted "Eric, the Paladin initiate" as a random mini from Bones 2.
      I like his contemplative look and pose... So I decided to make a little vignette/diorama by adding one of the graveyard statue from Bones3.

I call it "Time to Reflect".

The base is an Orange juice cap, and the tree is from Woodland Scenic.

C&C Welcome

• By Pochi
      Here is the warrior/paladin guy from my Dragons Don't Share 2 set. He came without his shield so I used one of the new ones from Bones 3. I realized after I super glued it that I stuck it on wrong. Too bad because my super glue works tremendously well! It's not that big of a deal to me so I went ahead and painted him up. I really like how he turned out and I hope you guys do too!

C&C always welcome.

• Who's Online   34 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)