SamuraiJack

Funded
Oathsworn Fur and Feathers

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

19574945_1372011416188113_55364195175104

About this project

We love miniatures. We love tabletop games. We love anthropomorphic animals, from Disney's Robin Hood through The Wind in the Willows to Brian Jaques' Redwall books. So we combined the things we love in our Burrows & Badgers range of metal miniatures.

Why are we making them?

Because we want them! And we know a lot of other people are looking for more anthropomorphic animal miniatures too. Some will want to use them for wargaming or roleplaying. That's what we do with ours - and there's a link below to a free .pdf copy of the Burrows & Badgers Skirmish Game rules for you to download, if you feel like trying it out.

Other people love painting miniatures, and our figures are perfect for that, full of character ready to be brought to life with your paintbrush....

And some people just love collecting miniatures; again, we've made this new set of Burrows & Badgers figures perfect for collectors. They are all single piece models, with integral bases, so there are no fiddly parts to be glued on.

We love making miniatures; we hope you'll love our miniatures too.

Why we need your help...

We've got 13 new miniatures sculpted, but they need to have moulds made before we can start producing the miniatures. And that's why we need funding; to get the moulds made, and get the casting process started.

About the miniatures...

There are other ranges of anthropomorphic animal miniatures out there, but ours are a little different. We didn't want all the races of animals to be the same size. Instead, we've scaled them to each other; so a shrew or a mouse is a very small model, about 20mm tall, and a really big animal like a badger will stand about 50mm tall, for example.

Each sculpted figure shown below has a scale picture with it, showing its height in millimetres. All our models are supplied unpainted.

And if you are interested in doing some anthro skirmish gaming, here's the link to the Burrows & Badgers website, where you can download .pdf files of the rules, warband rosters, FAQs and more:

11f52f2de4e4324a4c6e70628ed90ef3_origina

The Pledges

Below you'll see pictures of the different Pledge levels available. Each picture shows you what's included in the Pledge, then below them you can see close-up pictures of the individual miniatures, which also include the prices if you want to add extra miniatures to any Pledge. Shipping costs vary depending on where you are; there's a graphic at the bottom of this page that lists all the shipping costs. All Pledges are set for an estimated delivery of December 2017, but we're hoping to deliver sooner than that.

d8c9db40b5d1b0c56794e156f2bfd658_origina

9542eff5172d628c955b397a7c98b331_origina

89274c9fead38835f50700a3e9b49192_origina

Pictures of the miniature sculpts

Below you can see pictures of each of the miniatures, and there's a scale image at the bottom right of each picture to show the height of the model in millimetres. There's also a price at the bottom of each picture, for the Pick'n'Mix pledge, or to add extra models to any pledge.

13fd03ce2ce6086880f984650a775efc_origina

b0b9ca3261f2a767be50c373804500b2_origina

883edbb395f4fc9ea47178ca51e9af08_origina

Edited by SamuraiJack
11 people like this

I knew it was coming, but so soon...

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I knew it was coming, but so soon...

On Facebook he said "Maybe Friday".

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, etherial said:

Oh gurp. Are they doing another 24 hour thing?

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I was about to say they gave us plenty of notice that time, but it looks like it was only about a week. But even then, I think if it was a one-day thing they'd have a date picked out already. Some of us will be camping in the wilds of Maine this weekend...

1 person likes this

Thanks for posting this, SamuraiJack!

5 hours ago, etherial said:

It's looking more like Saturday, Sunday or maybe Monday now... everything takes soooo long! <_<

5 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

It'll probably be 7 days I think - any longer doesn't seem to work for little companies like us...  but we'll probably save the 24 hour projects for special occasions. I'm thinking maybe a bunch of Norse Gods on a 24 hour KS for December 21st - for Yule! Could be fun.

For this project, we've got 14 minis, and a resin house to choose from... little stuff like mice and shrews, up to a big (45mm) raven. The raven's a pretty simple design, but was a bloomin' nightmare to sculpt, as some step-by-step Updates will show, so you can share my pain! ::D:

I haven't taken the final, good quality pics of the raven yet, but here's a dodgy pic to give you the idea:

raven3.jpg

There's also a really, amazingly, awesomely cool mini, (IMHO, anyway!) but I can't say anything about it yet, as it's a bit of a complicated shape, so I have to check with Pete first to make sure it's moulding / casting friendly... fingers crossed!

cheers

Michael

18 people like this

:flops over: that raven! Good lord I must have one!

3 people like this

"There's also a really, amazingly, awesomely cool mini, (IMHO, anyway!) but I can't say anything about it yet, as it's a bit of a complicated shape, so I have to check with Pete first to make sure it's moulding / casting friendly... fingers crossed! "

Oh @Lovejoy, you have done gone and made an Owlbear climbing up to it's nest it the crown of the old oak treeman, haven't you?

5 people like this

I met Dave and Jo at Salute back in April, lovely people. It was very noticeable however that the one doing all the work was Jo. 

6 people like this

9 hours ago, Maledrakh said:

Oh @Lovejoy, you have done gone and made an Owlbear climbing up to it's nest it the crown of the old oak treeman, haven't you?

No, but now I really, really want to! ::D:

6 hours ago, Beagle said:

I met Dave and Jo at Salute back in April, lovely people. It was very noticeable however that the one doing all the work was Jo. 

She enjoys it, and it would be wrong of me to stop her doing something she enjoys! :poke:

Incidentally, here's a painted pic of the resin mouse-house...

web-testshot-mousehouse1.jpg

Cheers,
Michael

14 people like this

That raven is fantastic. You continue to astound.

1 person likes this

Is, is the mouse house going to be in this project? I didn't miss it, did I? I need one! 

Excuse me, I need to go rob a bank too.

5 people like this

I'm pretty sure it's part of this project.

...and I quite like that, definitely want to get one!

2 people like this

That raven is amazing!

2 people like this

1 hour ago, CashWiley said:

That raven is amazing!

Agreed, I really need to set aside more painting time.  All these kickstarters with all these awesome minis.....

3 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2

About this project

Thank you for taking the time to check out Divinity: Original Sin 2, our biggest and most ambitious RPG to date!
      A couple of quick facts about the game:
      Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a single- and multiplayer top-down, party-based role-playing game with pen & paper RPG-like levels of freedom.It features turn-based combat, a strong focus on systematic gameplay and a well-grounded narrative. Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed Divinity: Original Sin, winner of over 150 Game of the Year awards and nominations. Winner of GameSpot’s “PC Game of The Year 2014â€. Divinity: Original Sin 2 is currently in development for PC in English. Subtitles will be available in German, French, and Russian. Other platforms and languages may be announced at a later stage, once development is more advanced.
      The theme of Divinity: Original Sin 2 is how your origins affect who you are and what chances you get in life.
      At the start of the game, you pick a single character and determine your starting stats, race, and origin story.

You'll be able to recruit up to three companions, each of whom is just as detailed as the character you're playing, with their own origin story and motivation to help you in your quest.
      This makes it possible for each companion to become a player character in multiplayer mode; every party member is equally important to the whole.

In multiplayer, up to 4 players can play together, either cooperatively or competitively.
      During competitive questing, you’ll pursue different plot-lines from other players, often because your personal motivations are in conflict with those of the party.
      To loot or not to loot: You'll have to argue, reason, or duke it out.
      There's no obligation to compete, of course. Many party members will manage to balance their own interests with those of the party. Should you find yourself in conflict, know that it's always possible to make up afterwards.
      The important thing here is that it's you who gets to make that choice.
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      RuneQuest Quickstart  
      Hi, we at Infinity-Engine are very proud to announce our Licence to create miniatures and scenery for RuneQuest. Our first release is based on the adversaries found in the RQG Quickstarter adventure, 'The Broken Tower' 
      Please have a look at our first miniature set here and also head over to our website and blog for News and WIP of our other fantasy and sci-fi models and miniatures.
      www.infinity-engine.com
      This is a Kickstarter to fund our first set of Licenced RuneQuest miniatures. The models are almost ready and we are running this fundraiser to gauge the interest and get these models to the mould makers, then into your hands.
      These miniatures and items of scenery are designed and sold under Licence from Chaosium Inc and Moon Design Publications.
      Adversaries Set The Adversaries Set consists of two Sprul-Pa, two Rock Lizards, a Dream Weft, thee Menhir and a Stone Woman miniature. The set is 25% cheaper than the full price of the individual models. The Menhir and Stone Woman will be cast in high quality resin, the rest of the models cast in metal. The Stone Woman model is still work in progress, and we will update the pictures as the model progress. The metal miniatures are supplied with plastic round bases and the resin models have sculpted round bases cast in resin.
      Stone Woman As the Stone Woman model is cast in house, we can offer this model straight away and at 20% lower than the full price. The model is still work in progress and we should have a finished, moulded and painted version before the end of the campaign.
      Menhir The Stone Woman Menhir are also cast in house and we can offer these as soon as the Kickstarter ends away at 20% lower than the full price. We are making the moulds right now and should have cast, then painted examples very soon.
      Full Set Painted This reward is one full Adversaries Set pro-painted. Like in the picture but a lot more colourful. We will work closely with anyone that takes up this option to get a colour scheme and finish that works for them.
      Card Adversaries I loved the card miniatures that came with a few of Chaosiums games, (back in the day), and although I want to sell our miniatures, I know a lot of role players are not collectors of models or enjoy painting, so I have designed some paper version of these miniatures and for a pound we will email you a PDF as soon as we photograph the finished painted models. The pictures are only place holders and will be replaced with painted miniatures as soon as they are cast and painted. 

Sprul-Pa UNLOCKED  
      To sell the Sprul-Pa miniatures on their own will require extra moulds, so these are locked till we hit £500, hitting the target pays for the extra moulds needed. Once unlocked you will be able to buy them on their own without buying the full set.
      Rock Lizards To sell the Rock Lizards miniatures on their own will require extra moulds, so these are locked till we hit £750, hitting the target pays for the extra moulds needed. Once unlocked you will be able to buy them on their own without buying the full set.
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Add extra depth to your gaming sessions with Adventure Realm RPG Game Tiles – Castles and Dungeons set. We want to create a set of 16 eight inch square tiles with full colour printing on both sides, giving you over 2000 square inches of mapping artwork for your gaming. Each tile has one inch square grid subtly included on the images, making them ideal for integrating with your miniatures and roleplaying.  They are made on thick card and are gloss laminated to be compatible with dry-wipe marker pens.

On one side of the tiles are sixteen top down view castle tiles, ideal for quickly putting together a city wall or castle complex for your adventurers to explore. The castle tiles comprise the following:

1 x Wall outward corner, 4 x Wall inward corner, 1 x Gate, 5 x Straight walls, 1 x Dungeon entrance, 1 x Well courtyard, 1 x Grassed courtyard, 1 x Keep roof, 1 x Fenced corral

The castle tiles can be put together to make a complete small stronghold (above), while two sets give you plenty of options for an entire fortress (just one example given below).

Turn the castle images over and you have 16 dungeon tiles, all in full colour, giving you a flexible warren of corridors and rooms to battle through.  The dungeon tiles include:
      1 x Throne room, 1 x Tower stair well, 1 x Cellar stairs, 1 x Prison cells, 1 x Torture chamber, 1 x Demonic temple, 1 x Carpeted corridor, 1 x T Junction stairs, 1 x Circular pit, 1 x Wizards tower, 1 x Corner corridor, 1 x Storage room, 1 x Guard chamber, 1 x Tower chambers, 1 x Grassland secret entrance, 1 x Water secret entrance

The dungeon tiles can create the area underneath a castle, or be used in their own right for quickly assembling evocative dungeon scenes for adventurers to explore.
      This is our second Kickstarter project for the Adventure Realm series, with our first set of tiles successfully funded in November 2016.  The Castle and Dungeon set will work seamlessly with the original Town and Wilderness set.  So if you want a city wall between the town buildings and the great outdoors, now you can!
      Or you can expand your townscape to include fortified areas, underground  spaces, etc.
      If you missed the Kickstarter for Town and Wilderness you can add that set to your pledge to make even bigger adventuring worlds.

• By Darsc Zacal
      Do yourself a favour and take a look at what's on offer even if you've not backed one of Stonehavens projects before.
      Lots of unique and fun concepts scattered throughout,

Plus they've done things a bit differently and have everything already sculpted and shown.

Love the cloaked mysterious strangers.

• By ladystorm
      This is the Bones 4 Information Thread.
      In an effort to reduce confusion by people seeking information and asking on topic questions, we are creating two threads for our Bones 4 Kickstarter.
      This is the thread for information and questions.  
      This thread will be moderated to ensure forum rules are followed.  Posts of chatter and enthusiasm will be relocated to the Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure?ref=profile_created

170722 - Reaper Bones 4 KickStarter Film V1-2.mp4

• Who's Online   25 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)