SamuraiJack

Oathsworn Fur and Feathers

19574945_1372011416188113_55364195175104

About this project

We love miniatures. We love tabletop games. We love anthropomorphic animals, from Disney's Robin Hood through The Wind in the Willows to Brian Jaques' Redwall books. So we combined the things we love in our Burrows & Badgers range of metal miniatures.

Why are we making them?

Because we want them! And we know a lot of other people are looking for more anthropomorphic animal miniatures too. Some will want to use them for wargaming or roleplaying. That's what we do with ours - and there's a link below to a free .pdf copy of the Burrows & Badgers Skirmish Game rules for you to download, if you feel like trying it out.

Other people love painting miniatures, and our figures are perfect for that, full of character ready to be brought to life with your paintbrush....

And some people just love collecting miniatures; again, we've made this new set of Burrows & Badgers figures perfect for collectors. They are all single piece models, with integral bases, so there are no fiddly parts to be glued on.

We love making miniatures; we hope you'll love our miniatures too.

Why we need your help...

We've got 13 new miniatures sculpted, but they need to have moulds made before we can start producing the miniatures. And that's why we need funding; to get the moulds made, and get the casting process started.

About the miniatures...

There are other ranges of anthropomorphic animal miniatures out there, but ours are a little different. We didn't want all the races of animals to be the same size. Instead, we've scaled them to each other; so a shrew or a mouse is a very small model, about 20mm tall, and a really big animal like a badger will stand about 50mm tall, for example.

Each sculpted figure shown below has a scale picture with it, showing its height in millimetres. All our models are supplied unpainted.

And if you are interested in doing some anthro skirmish gaming, here's the link to the Burrows & Badgers website, where you can download .pdf files of the rules, warband rosters, FAQs and more:

11f52f2de4e4324a4c6e70628ed90ef3_origina

The Pledges

Below you'll see pictures of the different Pledge levels available. Each picture shows you what's included in the Pledge, then below them you can see close-up pictures of the individual miniatures, which also include the prices if you want to add extra miniatures to any Pledge. Shipping costs vary depending on where you are; there's a graphic at the bottom of this page that lists all the shipping costs. All Pledges are set for an estimated delivery of December 2017, but we're hoping to deliver sooner than that.

d8c9db40b5d1b0c56794e156f2bfd658_origina

9542eff5172d628c955b397a7c98b331_origina

89274c9fead38835f50700a3e9b49192_origina

Pictures of the miniature sculpts

Below you can see pictures of each of the miniatures, and there's a scale image at the bottom right of each picture to show the height of the model in millimetres. There's also a price at the bottom of each picture, for the Pick'n'Mix pledge, or to add extra models to any pledge.

13fd03ce2ce6086880f984650a775efc_origina

b0b9ca3261f2a767be50c373804500b2_origina

883edbb395f4fc9ea47178ca51e9af08_origina

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 11

18 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I knew it was coming, but so soon...

On Facebook he said "Maybe Friday".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, etherial said:

Oh gurp. Are they doing another 24 hour thing?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I was about to say they gave us plenty of notice that time, but it looks like it was only about a week. But even then, I think if it was a one-day thing they'd have a date picked out already. Some of us will be camping in the wilds of Maine this weekend...

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this, SamuraiJack!

5 hours ago, etherial said:

It's looking more like Saturday, Sunday or maybe Monday now... everything takes soooo long! <_<

5 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

It'll probably be 7 days I think - any longer doesn't seem to work for little companies like us...  but we'll probably save the 24 hour projects for special occasions. I'm thinking maybe a bunch of Norse Gods on a 24 hour KS for December 21st - for Yule! Could be fun.

For this project, we've got 14 minis, and a resin house to choose from... little stuff like mice and shrews, up to a big (45mm) raven. The raven's a pretty simple design, but was a bloomin' nightmare to sculpt, as some step-by-step Updates will show, so you can share my pain! ::D:

I haven't taken the final, good quality pics of the raven yet, but here's a dodgy pic to give you the idea:

raven3.jpg

There's also a really, amazingly, awesomely cool mini, (IMHO, anyway!) but I can't say anything about it yet, as it's a bit of a complicated shape, so I have to check with Pete first to make sure it's moulding / casting friendly... fingers crossed!

cheers

Michael

• Like 18

"There's also a really, amazingly, awesomely cool mini, (IMHO, anyway!) but I can't say anything about it yet, as it's a bit of a complicated shape, so I have to check with Pete first to make sure it's moulding / casting friendly... fingers crossed! "

Oh @Lovejoy, you have done gone and made an Owlbear climbing up to it's nest it the crown of the old oak treeman, haven't you?

• Like 5

I met Dave and Jo at Salute back in April, lovely people. It was very noticeable however that the one doing all the work was Jo. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Maledrakh said:

Oh @Lovejoy, you have done gone and made an Owlbear climbing up to it's nest it the crown of the old oak treeman, haven't you?

No, but now I really, really want to! ::D:

6 hours ago, Beagle said:

I met Dave and Jo at Salute back in April, lovely people. It was very noticeable however that the one doing all the work was Jo. 

She enjoys it, and it would be wrong of me to stop her doing something she enjoys! :poke:

Incidentally, here's a painted pic of the resin mouse-house...

web-testshot-mousehouse1.jpg

Cheers,
Michael

• Like 14

Is, is the mouse house going to be in this project? I didn't miss it, did I? I need one! 

Excuse me, I need to go rob a bank too.

• Like 5

I'm pretty sure it's part of this project.

...and I quite like that, definitely want to get one!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CashWiley said:

That raven is amazing!

Agreed, I really need to set aside more painting time.  All these kickstarters with all these awesome minis.....

• Like 3