Reaper Ron

Bones 4 is Coming Soon!

Core set is a great value. I got 2 for Bones 3... I forsee myself getting 2 for bones 4.

I am thinking of just biting the bullet and try to get everything, no matter what my interests are at the time of the kickstarter. I skipped some stuff as I likely will never use it in my game, but I regret some choices now... And who know what my interests will be in 2 years?

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Couvs said:

I can be patient (I think lol). Looks like the stuff will be worth the wait. I really am looking forward to seeing what else will be in it besides the three large ones they've  already shown

I can be patient too, but after a year over due (2 years since KS finished), my patience is wearing thin. My main frustration has been poor communication about what's going on from Reaper, so hope that will get better next time. 

However, on balance I still think it is worth the wait (and frustration) as the minis are superb (late backed Bones II and have purchased pretty much every Bones I model from the online store - often in multiples) and represent unparalleled value for money. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a crappy core set I can ignore. I feel like chances are slim. I've barely made inroads into bones 3 though and I've got horrible self control.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Couvs said:

I can be patient (I think lol). Looks like the stuff will be worth the wait. I really am looking forward to seeing what else will be in it besides the three large ones they've  already shown

We had production delays which pushed delivery out longer than anticipated, and delivery to our Asian, Australian, African and European backers was delayed further by the time it took for us to process and then ship to our distribution hubs there, and then they had some delays and difficulties to overcome. It has not been nearly as smooth as we could have hoped.

To those saying they hope we have learned from this - we spend endless hours discussing how to do it better. We will certainly do everything in our power to provide a more reliable and less stressful experience in future projects. 

9 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

We had production delays which pushed delivery out longer than anticipated, and delivery to our Asian, Australian, African and European backers was delayed further by the time it took for us to process and then ship to our distribution hubs there, and then they had some delays and difficulties to overcome. It has not been nearly as smooth as we could have hoped.

To those saying they hope we have learned from this - we spend endless hours discussing how to do it better. We will certainly do everything in our power to provide a more reliable and less stressful experience in future projects. 

That's great to hear Reaperbryan, and I believe you.

I think this has been a disappointing project on the fulfillment side - no doubt as much for you guys as for the end customer. However, we learn very little from success, it is through failure and overcoming problems that we truly improve and grow. I wish you at Reaper all the best, and while I've been critical of your performance this time around, I'm confident that you'll take these issues on board and do your best to improve things in Bones IV. I'm still very much a customer and potential future backer of Reaper.

• Like 9

People complaining about fulfillment need to remember that percentage-wise I suspect most people were satisfied with the previous Bones I-III.  I know it sucks to be one of the people who had a less than satisfactory experience with Bones III, and I'm not discounting your experience, but I'm seeing a lot of people posting as if everyone was disappointed with Bones III and that's just not the case.  I've loved Bones I-III and can't wait for IV, even though I have far too many minis to paint already :).

• Like 5

Well, the Bones KS were all late to fullfil (Bones 3 was supposed to start wave 1 shipping in August 2016, did ship in May 2017; Bones 1 should have started shipping in August 2012, did ship in June 2013, Bones 2 should have shipped October 2014, did ship in February 2015; might have made a few mistakes while quickly skimming the updates from those KS). 

A lot of people seem to feel like it's still worth it, and that's understandable, other people might be angered/sadened by the delays and that's, imho, understandable as well. 

You do get a lot of great, super-low-prized plastic miniatures, but you will probably not get them at the time given when the KS first launches. 

For me personally that's okay, I just want to grow my monster army to kill players with. 'Buying' things through the Bones KS to use at a certain date (as a gift or for a certain campaign) is probably a bad idea though.

Ah, also, the Bones shipping experience seems to be very different depending on your country, US shipment was super quick, RoW had some delays as well.

And that Turtle is super sweet, 110-120 mm length would be great (fits a 4 inch base but still maneuverable). Can't wait for more previews! =)

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

I've seen 2 of the sizes, but I don't really see everything we do, and I'm not part of the decision tree at that level.

I'm working on the high level planning now, taking quotes and helping define which products are best for early campaign, mid, and late, and then within that helping to define inside each group the specific order of the goals. At this stage I don't even know what the figures are, (not exactly, I have a label for the group). Over the next week I'll start to get into the details of which figures Ron meant when he said add level [redacted] or level [redacted]. Names like "wizards" aren't even final names, and while that gives away a TON of information, it's not specific enough to qualify as me knowing which figures are in the project yet. I'll come along and, in a meeting with Ron, decide whether "Wizards" is a good name for the level, or used on what's in it does it need to have a fancier title. At that point I'll see the model(s) involved, and we'll make the final tweaks to the chart, where we try to put the ones with the most enthusiasm generating ability to reveal and target goal where we estimate the enthusiasm will be most needed. 

I'm not even sure any of that made sense. For me, I'm working on a spreadsheet with multiple tabs, and the only Tab I work on right now is the one where I take the goal titles and organize them. Ron's assigning figures to the goal names, and Ed's sanity checking our decisions and working on quotes and numbers and money.

Sounds like the only thing you're lacking are some regression models attempting to quantify the correlation of various determinates.

• Like 4

I am admittedly still on the fence about backing Bones 4, but I know that once I see the models and get caught up in the excitement that I will most likely spend more money than I have... again...

• Like 5

I will be happy to back Bones IV, assuming there is something I want. My experience with KSIII will not stop me from backing. And I jsut got my tracking number from Australia a few minutes ago, so no BonesIII in hand yet. 

Edited by dice4hire
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

I'm working on the high level planning now, taking quotes and helping define which products are best for early campaign, mid, and late, and then within that helping to define inside each group the specific order of the goals. At this stage I don't even know what the figures are, (not exactly, I have a label for the group).

(*COUGH* Chronoscope generic "battledroid"-type robot.  Robots are the Orcs of many sci-fi games. . . .) :poke:

• Like 3

On July-13-17 at 11:18 AM, Harrek said:

On July-13-17 at 11:18 AM, Harrek said:

The only problem with Stirges is Bones is not good at details on small figures.  I'd rather have metal ones.  Given the amount of metal on them they should be not too expensive in metal.

They aren't - Reaper has some in the store already in a 2-pack (DHL 02691- one on a tree and one on a stalactite).  I just did 8 of them, they're better than they look in the store picture.  Will need a base, though.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

They aren't - Reaper has some in the store already in a 2-pack (DHL 02691- one on a tree and one on a stalactite).  I just did 8 of them, they're better than they look in the store picture.  Will need a base, though.

Any tip on how to base them?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mushu_Green said:

Any tip on how to base them?

Most simple approach, given they've already got 'scenery' is to drill a hole in the base with a hobby drill bit (about the same dia as a paperclip), Insert and glue some wire (e.g. from a paper clip) to create 'pins'. Then, drill holes on a plastic base, push through the pins and glue the whole lot together. Cut off any excess wire. There are plenty of Youtube videos showing how to do this.

Is that what you were looking for?

• Like 3