Reaper Ron

PRELAUNCH
Bones 4 is Coming Soon!

1172 posts in this topic

I agree, One boot. but no idea on the other two between Almaran and that one

3 people like this

33 minutes ago, Melbourne Mew Mew said:

I'm really hoping this won't end until at least, say, a week after GenCon.  I'm going there for the first (and likely only) time and am currently saving up money for that, but once I get back to Australia I'll have some money in my bank account (leave payments from work - I've already set aside my trip money).

What if I confirm the end date is in September?

3 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

I will reveal one of these each work day I have before launch. No reveal on Sunday.

This is in addition to anything Ron may decide to tease.

12 people like this

Bryan will we get a reveal today sir?

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

They're pretty generic, so store searches aren't helping much. Upon closer inspection, it looks like that may be a sword hilt sticking out from behind the mini's back, rather than a dagger.

*searching intensifies*

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I think the one by Almaran has an Axe.  Maybe a dwarf?

I think the one by the wizard is a female, with a sword

maybe this one?

77076_w_1.jpg

Edited by Sirithiliel
7 people like this

16 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

What if I confirm the end date is in September?

In years past you guys have had a pretty good appearance at PAX Prime, are you staying back for B4's sake this year? Is it actually going to end sometime around the weekend? (I'll be at DragonCon instead of PAX this year, but the hype at the end is kinda fun.)

If it's longer than 30 days I'd be curious to know what the reasoning was at some point, considering B3 was relatively short and seemed to do well enough.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

We've added this to the front page

bones4tease1.jpg

My guess would be they are Kieran, Judas, Arnise and Almaran Chibis. ;)

3 people like this

@Reaperbryan Can you give us any information about how RoW shipping will be handled this time?  What lessons have been learned from the problems encountered in Bones III?

3 people like this

I have nothing against a chibi line.  However, I will be genuinely upset if we get dragonborn and teifling chibis before normal ones. 

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'm going to assume that rampant speculation is being encouraged at the moment : )

Well, let's assume it's a typical party.  So we're probably looking at a healer, a mage, a rogue, and a tank*.  They're likely either chiba, or mouselings, or both.

Almouseran could fit into either the healer or tank archtypes.  Mithwrongdir (sorry, not going to look up the name of the wizzie : ) would obviously fit the mage role.

One of the other figures looks to have an axe with a cut-out in the head.  I can see three possibilities from the existing catalogue that might fit:

14018: Arnise, Elven Sergeant

02581: King of the High Elves

60062: Low Templar

Now, they're not precise fits - specifically, the overall shape of the axe-head doesn't completely match the silhouette.  But I think of the three options, 14018: Arnise, Elven Sergeant is the most likely:  she's pretty close to fitting the silhouette, the pose of the axe location is the closest, and she'd be a diversity double-whammy of a hire for any politically correct adventuring party being both female & elven.

The figure next to the axe... that's a bit more generic.  I'll leave that one to people more intimately familiar with the Reaper catalogue than I : ).  Although, the flared hilt is ringing a carillon of bells for me...

*  This is, of course, incorrect.  As any DM will tell you the 4 archtypes of an adventuring party are the drama king, the rules lawyer, the martyr, and the DMs friend (AKA "The winner")

Edited by Laoke
4 people like this

Is that Arnise with the Axe?

arnise.jpg.01f93e7535ff2b49aa3d67d195259ffc.jpg
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/elf axe/sku-down/14018

Strange if she is a Bones chibi...she doesn't have a Bones incarnation as far as I've seen...unless she'll be in the Core too, of course!

She's a cool piece...I actually have her with a morningstar and half-Orc skin, back when my fiance requested to have an all girl Dwarf warband for Mordheim.  It had to include Hired Swords, so she became the Pit Fighter.

6 people like this

And Sir Forscale is relegated to standing next to and being terrified of/eaten by large monsters. Again.

4 people like this

Reaper should make a chibi Sir Forscale just for trolling purposes.

10 people like this

But once they do that how will we know what scale is being invoked?  Chibiscale, or Notcreepyatallscale?

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

For every backer that hates Chibi, there's another backer that will support the project expressly for those models.

The great thing about the way we run our projects is that nobody is ever required to get anything, even the Core Sets we offer up piecemeal, and if you feel a set or grouping isn't worth the value when it includes a few pieces you don't like, then you can pass on that set. Most of the time we figure the sets are a great value, even if there's a few pieces inside that aren't your cup of tea. 

There's Chibi. There's Chronoscope. There's Dragons. There's demons. These are all things people have yelled at us and begged us to not include any more of across the previous projects. And there's a couple hundred other things, too. So hopefully you find something in the offering that suits your fancy.

It's not a hatred of Chibi per se (I loved the mr. and mrs. bones, glad buzzy wasnt chibi haha) it's just after soo many years of SD/chibi being brought in by us from Japan, its just a little too much for me. At one point, it felt like everything coming out of Japan was SD/Chibi:)

1 person likes this