Reaper Ron

PRELAUNCH
Bones 4 is Coming Soon!

1172 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Maredudd said:

Wait, are you doing a mini of a pineapple for Bones IV? Will it be Kanjira sized? Can it be Kanjira sized?  :lol:

+1

plus Mousling's!!!!!

If you actually wanted a Khanjira-sized pineapple, couldn't you just use an actual pineapple? :huh: 

I mean, it wouldn't be plastic, but at lease you could eat it later, right?

9 people like this

I disliked a mini I got from a BONES KS.

Turns out I painted him anyway. Other people like him. so *shrug*

post-4341-0-12559800-1379979620_thumb.jpg

12 people like this

21 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I disliked a mini I got from a BONES KS.

Turns out I painted him anyway. Other people like him. so *shrug*

post-4341-0-12559800-1379979620_thumb.jpg

I hate that miniature, easily the worst in the entire Bones

range 

5 people like this

It's possible I'm oversensitive. I just would prefer to see "I will pass on levels with _____" instead of "Reaper don't put any _____ in the project".

14 people like this

You know, i was looking at the bones 4 page, and i noticed there were an uneven number of models teased. how can my ocd compensate? now we need one to go on the right side. :P

Also I made the choice, when pledging on bones 3, to not pledge for stuff I wasn't interested in (rip goremaw, i shall acquire you some day) at the time. It was easy. All i did, was pledge for what i want, then select those from the pledge manager at the end. (and then add more). I don't begrudge reaper adding in stuff i'm not interested in (aka mouselings, i just don't have a need for them) but I am nowhere near the I HATE EVERYONE BECAUSE X WAS ADDED.

7 people like this

Agreed with the above posts, I think the chinos and mouslings are cute and well cast but they are not my thing so I passed (except for the space mouslings they were to good not to get).  But those two lines generate a lot of interest and drive the kickstater quite a bit I would imagine so just remember when protesting chibis and mouslings these little guys drive the KS to a next streachgoal you may like ;).  

5 people like this

2 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

I think when they come to retail Buzzy will be separate.

Oh that sounds good, otherwise there was going to be a glut of Mr. Bones on Ebay:)

3 people like this

Oh crap auto correct chibi not chino,  sorry if I offended

6 people like this

10 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

It's possible I'm oversensitive. I just would prefer to see "I will pass on levels with _____" instead of "Reaper don't put any _____ in the project".

Okay:)

I will pass over goals of miniatures I am not real interested in, and just get ones I really like:) This is also a good thing to do because it's hard on the wallet trying to get all the miniatures you make:) They are all great sculpts, and its great to give everyone variety:)

7 people like this

Anything I acquire that I don't like or won't use I promise I'll trade away to someone who will appreciate them. It's what I've always done, tbh.

6 people like this

21 minutes ago, Beagle said:

I hate that miniature, easily the worst in the entire Bones

range 

I chopped up that zombie for terrain decoration and dead body markers.

14 minutes ago, Limey72 said:

Oh crap auto correct chibi not chino,  sorry if I offended

I resemble that remark if it was spanish. Otherwise, if you're talking about pants, I haven't worn those since middle school dress code. XD

9 people like this

17 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

The reason for that sort of comment is fairly obvious, I think (though, as we will see, perhaps wrong). There is a perception that by including (thing I don't like) in a slot that I'm paying for, you have precluded (thing I like) from being in that slot. So, even if the price per (thing I like) is still low enough to make it a decent value proposition, it would be an even better value proposition if only you had not made the (inexplicable and obviously wrong) decision that you did. This isn't really affected if buying only (things I like) piecemeal would result in a higher per-piece cost (as may well be the case with batch deals like core sets.

This neglects the possibility that audience diversity may increase overall sales and the economies of scale obtaining with the increased sales might result in sufficient reductions in prices to overcome paying for the (thing I don't want). Whether that actually happens is, of course, very fact driven and can vary wildly depending on what the (thing) is. And, of course, for many people things they don't want are obviously only minority interests, and therefore the economies will just as obviously not be realized.

As I said, I don't find this attitude especially surprising, since I don't think most people understand (or perhaps just don't think about) production costs and economics in that way.

9 people like this

23 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

"I will pass on levels without  Prehistorics / Dinosaurs/Meso-Americans/Phoenix/ Giant Mummy/ Dire Animals/ Jungle Animals/ Tribesmen/Siege Weapons/ Carts/ Clockwork Wolves/ Wolves in any form/ Wardogs/ Huge Monsters/ Female Giants/ Giant Insects/ Reptilians/ Amphibians/ Fish/ Terrain/ Undead Dragons/ Birds/ Pirate Ship/Flying Ship/ Steampunk Train/ Boats/ Giant Badger/ Steampunk Airplane/ Cars/ Superheroes/ Piles of Skulls/ Elephant/Rhinocerous/ Huts/ House/ Female Warriors.

7 people like this

I must admit that i got the entire graveyard expansion because of the graveyard golem. well 90% because of that. I had/have almost no need for the rest of it, however, a few of the other added minis did pique my interest eventually. Most expensive mini (cost of what i wanted vs cost of what i didn't) for me. I'll find a loving home for the rest of it, but to me it was still worth it.

4 people like this

What is with all of the chibi hate?  I will dive (oversized)headfirst into any Reaper offering of fantasy chibis!!!  I always loved the SDE minis, but I was finding it hard to justify buying their whole games just for the one or two player character minis I wanted.

Now, if I can just talk one of the sculptors into doing a special Solomon Kane-esque chibi mini, I'll be able to have the chibi witchhunter version of myself from my painters logo!

10 people like this