Reaper Ron

PRELAUNCH
Bones 4 is Coming Soon!

1172 posts in this topic

Good thing I already cleared my budget for this.  Otherwise this might have ended up being the one I had to bow out of. 

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, Mushu_Green said:

I really hope this griffin will not be too expensive :3 10-15$ ?

Well, the griffin is not the only model on her stretch goal, but averaged across every model, she's very much a bargain.

16 people like this

30 minutes ago, Mushu_Green said:

I really hope this griffin will not be too expensive :3 10-15$ ?

Thats what I am hoping for too:)

37 minutes ago, dwarvenranger said:

As someone who spent most of his adult life working with ordnance, I fully support more explosions.

You can never have too many explosions:) Maybe have Sir Forscale test out the ordnance:)

42 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

like the Hobbit cartoon's Smaug?

Smaug.jpg

Now that would be a cool Chibi dragon, okay I am in:)

2 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

Well, the griffin is not the only model on her stretch goal, but averaged across every model, she's very much a bargain.

So something like the mythical monsters from KS III? Now I am intrigued. Well then hopefully the stretch goal is not too expensive:)

5 people like this

5 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

SG or add-on? ^^'

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

A side of hippogryph with your gryphon,  and a dragon like the Disney dragonslayer dragon, is that technically a wyvern?

Edited by Limey72
2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

JULIE GUTHRIE GRIFFIN IN CORE SET CONFIRMED!!!1!!1!!

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, breegull said:

Add-on Options are stretch goals in Bones Kickstarters.  Confirmation of this might be needed.

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

Add-on Options are stretch goals in Bones Kickstarters.  Confirmation of this might be needed.

Stretch goals apply to add-ons and the core set additions....

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, breegull said:

I honestly don't remember saying that.

Core Set, Options, and Expansions all have multiple models all are introduced with Stretch Goals, and all can could calculated as dollars per model.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, breegull said:

14 minutes ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

Sorry, I put the exaggerated exclamation marks to try to indicate my being tongue-in-cheek.  I agree, this isn't actually confirmation.  

Why, with Bryan's talk of "averaged across every model," the griffin could be a part of an add-on or expansion that is a whole flock of different Julie-Guthrie-sculpted beasties!

//END OF BREEGULL'S PERSONAL RAMPANT SPECULATION AND UNCONFIRMED WISHFUL THINKING// 

Edited by breegull
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

It could be...

The Griffon Family Expansion with two large griffons (one in flight, one on the ground), a nest of eggs, and several smaller griffon cubs with downy wings in cute widdle pwayful poses.

The Large Fantasy Expansion with griffon, manticore, hippogryph, hippocampus, wyvern, and/or chimera.

The Dragon Age Dragon Era Expansion with Shadow Wardens in dwarf, elf, human, and large horned guy varieties. May also include spirits of rage, sloth, pride, and desire.

And those are just possibilities I pulled from my nowhere. I imagine the Reaper team has a bigger nowhere to pull more imaginative possibilities than I do.

Edited by NebulousMissy
4 people like this

2 hours ago, pinkymadigan said:

It's an aesthetic that does nothing for me, personally. But I don't begrudge anyone their toys. This time I'll mostly be looking for things to use in Kings of War, myself.

Now I want to use chibi figures in a Warhammer game, just to see what reactions I get from other players.

Best case scenario, chibi figures I can use as female Space Marines...

7 people like this

Nooo! This looks awesome but it's too much to keep up with. I'm a really slow painter. :(

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

77074 Dain Deepaxe?

The candidates for the other three appear to be early Bones (SKU less than 77100) so I figure Dain's in the right range too.

The axe isn't right; the chibi has a triangular axe with a matching triangular hole in the axe head. But he would be cool as a chibi. :) 

2 hours ago, hdclearman said:

I would also like to see more explosions...

This. ::D:

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Is it odd I'm trying to figure out who the hand models are...........:wacko:

American Mr. Hands on the right sounds like Ron, but I'm not sure who British Mr. Hands is. I don't think it's Kit, he's got a deeper voice. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

3 people like this

I feel like they're probably actual disembodied hands and voices.

10 people like this