Reaper Ron

PRELAUNCH
Bones 4 is Coming Soon!

1172 posts in this topic

And as always, pledge for what you can afford. Add in what else you wish in the back end. Whatever wonderful things we get, we get. Otherwise they will wait until the 'next time'.

skeleton.jpg?w=670

*finds her zen BONES happy place*

Even though Desire is the root of all suffering....  I WANT MY BONES.... so I guess I must be a masochist. :lol:

Opps, sorry... I was going to my Zen Happy place.... Om. Om. Om..... 

14 people like this

1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

And as always, pledge for what you can afford. Add in what else you wish in the back end. Whatever wonderful things we get, we get. Otherwise they will wait until the 'next time'.

skeleton.jpg?w=670

*finds her zen BONES happy place*

Even though Desire is the root of all suffering....  I WANT MY BONES.... so I guess I must be a masochist. :lol:

Opps, sorry... I was going to my Zen Happy place.... Om. Om. Om..... 

Shouldn't that be  One ... One ... One?  Not as in 1.2.3. but as in (B)one

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Will there be two threads? I remember there was one where oneboot was giving us summaries. Won't be able to monitor the kickstarter due to work and I  know how fast those comment sections move.

Whether there will be a KS chatter thread or not, I don't know.

I do plan to do my 'KS summary posts' again, and I will post them in the official thread when that goes live. These are where I skim through the KS comments and glean out important or interesting information posted by official Reaper staff members and post it here.

This way, folks who don't have time to keep up with the runaway-train speed of the comments won't miss out on essential information (such as answered questions and stretch goal teases). I try to keep these as factually true as possible, which is why I don't generally include comments that aren't from Reaper or one of their associates (like Izzy the artist or Julie Guthrie the sculptor, for example).

I...may need an assistant to help me with this for the first week, though, since I have a date with a certain 5-headed dragon. ^_^

EDIT: a brave individual has volunteered, so no further assistance needed. :) 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
12 people like this

So there is a limited number of spots for each wave except the last?

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Whether there will be a KS chatter thread or not, I don't know.

I do plan to do my 'KS summary posts' again, and I will post them in the official thread when that goes live. These are where I skim through the KS comments and glean out important or interesting information posted by official Reaper staff members and post it here.

This way, folks who don't have time to keep up with the runaway-train speed of the comments won't miss out on essential information (such as answered questions and stretch goal teases). I try to keep these as factually true as possible, which is why I don't generally include comments that aren't from Reaper or one of their associates (like Izzy the artist or Julie Guthrie the sculptor, for example).

I...may need an assistant to help me with this for the first week, though, since I have a date with a certain 5-headed dragon. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

runaway-train speed??? Is that sort of like a freight train coming???

Sorry couldn't resist::P: Especially since Nitro is reforming:)

3 people like this

In the first 2 waves of 3 it was 2000 I believe

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Jackalunious said:

So there is a limited number of spots for each wave except the last?

Every wave has a limited number; Reaper just keeps adding more waves as the previous ones fill up.  

4 people like this

Do we have a start time yet?

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, talion78 said:

Do we have a start time yet?

They are aiming for noon CST.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

When you get right down to it, everyone paid shipping before it was just bundled into the pledge values of all the stuff.  But it's more transparent to just charge everyone shipping costs, that way you don't have to keep explaining to the ROW that they've got a hidden shipping discount that equals the free shipping the US pledges get.  

I wish I could like this more than once, or put it in bold, or save it as a keyboard shortcut...

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

When you get right down to it, everyone paid shipping before it was just bundled into the pledge values of all the stuff.  But it's more transparent to just charge everyone shipping costs, that way you don't have to keep explaining to the ROW that they've got a hidden shipping discount that equals the free shipping the US pledges get.  

I hope that strategy does what Reaper intends it to do. 

My fear is that this puts a damper on pledges from Reaper's main consumer base, US customers. Even if it looks 'more fair' and quells some of the whiny comments, it wouldn't be good to do if they were aiming for higher pledge totals, since they would be catering to smaller demographics. But I'm willing to bet Reaper ran the math and if they think this will happen they are doing so intentionally. Not that the US customers wouldn't be getting as good of a deal, but if the perception from ROW backers was skewed before, I imagine adding the shipping to US customers will have a bigger skewed perception reaction, due to the size of the US backer base.

I also have the idea that leaving the PM open so long is what caused a lot of the delay, and maybe they are looking to avoid having such a large campaign this time in the hopes that they can have more steady, faster turn around on smaller campaigns. Who knows? Just thinking aloud.

Edited by pinkymadigan
2 people like this

Is it tomorrow yet?

*** Clamps creditcard in sweaty paws***

6 people like this

22 minutes ago, naponatom said:

Ok. 
Ask and be answered.

brian and brain in a jar.jpg

So much yes!!!

Less than... 28 hours to go...

5 people like this

Just to make sure... it is Canada friendly right?

This would be a wonderful day for Canada, and therefore, the rest of the world.

2 people like this