Reaper Ron

Bones 4 is Coming Soon!

18 minutes ago, pedronunesv said:

Love the Dragon Turtle!

It would be too bad if it is not gargantuan though.

Yeah, I was trying to gauge size as well.  Assuming the barrel underneath is a standard size barrel, then it's not that big.  Probably about as big as the Reaper land-based Turtle Dragon.

I still think it's beautiful model though...

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 4

That Dragon Turtle is a must-buy!

We were just talking about Dragon Turtles...it was the 8 year anniversary of a friend acquiring an alligator snapping turtle.

• Like 5

As a display painter I think it is big enough.

I don't have room for all the superhuge ones.

Still not sure if I will back, or wait for retail this time.

I do know I will buy 20 one way or the other eventually.

• Like 10

20 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

Our adventure begins, like many do, in town, where our intrepid heroes (Almaran there is NOT the star of the show - he's just ONE character in the play, others are hidden because a guy's entitled to some secrets!) have a choice - enter the crowded marketplace for supplies, or sneak down the dark alleyway. Their quest is to... but no. That's for another day. :devil:

False dichotomy - split the party and go both ways.  ::P:

• Like 12

I hope the turtle dragon is about the same size as the dragon on the statue from stone skull. big enough to have nice detail, small enough that it still fits well on a map.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Marc said:

Still no word (or even hints) on specifically when in August this will launch?

I assume +/- 2 weeks from GenCon.

• Like 2

Hope the preview map means there will be more NPCs (townspeople) and more town related terrain (that cart we never saw that was teased in Bones 3).

That dragon turtle looks pretty near exactly like the dragon tortoise to me (same sculptor and everything, right?) So does not excite me. But the base looks cool.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Hope the preview map means there will be more NPCs (townspeople) and more town related terrain (that cart we never saw that was teased in Bones 3).

That dragon turtle looks pretty near exactly like the dragon tortoise to me (same sculptor and everything, right?) So does not excite me. But the base looks cool.

i like this one better due to the less stiff and blocky pose (can thank pewter for the land dragon turtle's stiff pose of course)

though ultimately i just like sea turtles better than Bowser xD

but i definitely agree on wanting more NPC townsfolk and town items like carts and shop stalls

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 10

Unlikely to ever need this for game use, but for some reason I find the thought of painting it both appealing and intriguing.

• Like 9

@Reaperbryan, are you able to comment on the size of the dragon turtle? Is it a suitable fit for a base of 4+ inches to match the latest edition of the world's most popular tabletop RPG? Or is it closer in size to the existing dragon turtle from Bones 2? Thanks!

• Like 5

You can scale it pretty easily from the skulls on the base - unless, of course, we have a Kaladrax situation.

• Like 2