Reaper Ron

PRELAUNCH
Bones 4 is Coming Soon!

346 posts in this topic

There is a Dragon Turtle in the upcoming D&D Tomb of Annihilation, although I think it is suppose to be full on huge dragon size. This could be its baby.

4 people like this

The sculptor has said that he remembers the shell on the dragon turtle being about 110-120mm.

4 people like this

12 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

i like this one better due to the less stiff and blocky pose (can thank pewter for the land dragon turtle's stiff pose of course)

though ultimately i just like sea turtles better than Bowser xD

but i definitely agree on wanting more NPC townsfolk and town items like carts and shop stalls

(This is in reference to the new dragon turtle that was shown a page or so back)

I agree. I haven't gotten to painting the one from Bones 2 yet, and I'm not sure if I ever will. This one I can definitely see getting some paint.

4 people like this

22 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

new pictures on facebook

20108197_10214093338512600_2956238024255

SOMETHING NEW!.....YAY!

Scale wise this seems smaller than it could be...

2 people like this

I hope there are interesting monsters that aren't all supragargantuan. I like that bones does large models well, but I like having a variety of sizes. Not every encounter should be against a massive monstrosity.

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, Erk said:

Not every encounter should be against a massive monstrosity.

Well that depends on whether I'm wearing my DM's hat or my player's hat.

:devil:

9 people like this

19 hours ago, Laoke said:

You can scale it pretty easily from the skulls on the base - unless, of course, we have a Kaladrax situation.

...there are skulls on the base...? :huh:

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Well that depends on whether I'm wearing my DM's hat or my player's hat.

:devil:

Or my painter's hat.

I'd rather have to paint one dragon than a mob of orcs when I'm running the game in a week.

Edited by NebulousMissy
7 people like this

2 hours ago, Last Knight said:

...there are skulls on the base...? :huh:

I, uh, may have mistaken coral for skulls.  An easy mistake to make, they're all made from calcium!

<.<

11 people like this

the turtle is cool. also going on my 'not getting list. No large minis without a good reason. The cottage makes good terrain, both with and without legs. Can't think of a use for the turtle, unfortunately.

I'm going to be trying for a smaller pricetag this time.

Posted (edited)

Don't use underwater creature's so although very nice the turtle won't be going on the list......hoping for an Earth Elemental to meet the asthetics of the new Water, Fire, Air and complete the set.More Kobolds....love the reaper ones, Stirges cant get them anywhere.

Edited by talion78
2 people like this

Still waiting on KSIII, but looking at the teasers for IV eagerly. Nothing must buy yet, though the dragon turtle depends on how it is mounted (I hate clear rod mounting) and its final size. 

I missed bones 1 and 2 but was very happy with 3 so I will probably go heavy on this one, hoping for a little sci-fi and terrain it with the juicy fantasy pieces.  More corsair stuff and maybe a modern sci-fi weapon and gear spru 

1 person likes this

On 7/14/2017 at 3:23 PM, Reaperbryan said:

This is one portion of the Map I've begun work on - it's mostly done, but there are elements missing.

This was refined from my original proposal, and includes the words at the top that represent what Goal/Level/Reward titles will look like at various stages of lock-itude. 

Map_Tease1.jpg

Our adventure begins, like many do, in town, where our intrepid heroes (Almaran there is NOT the star of the show - he's just ONE character in the play, others are hidden because a guy's entitled to some secrets!) have a choice - enter the crowded marketplace for supplies, or sneak down the dark alleyway. Their quest is to... but no. That's for another day. :devil:

:eyes the Chibi almaran: So, Chibi adventurers to fight our bonesylvanians? :ik_oops:

7 people like this

I really hope we encounter a halforc adventuring party! T'is my only wish for Bones4

3 people like this