Knight of the Dinner Table

LIve
The Winter Adventurers

18 posts in this topic

The High Wizard of Midlam has received disturbing reports that a small group of 'adventurers' have headed north, to the forbidden and foreboding Lost Mountains.  These distant mountains have long been a source of dread and legend to the people of Midlam.  Once home to the great dwarven people, now thought abandoned, the Lost Mountains have been under the grip of a magical winter for endless years.  It is feared, that should anyone travel there, they may bring some terrible evil upon Midlam.

The High Wizard has sent a small but dedicated group to pursue this 'Winter Party' and force them to return.  He has hand-selected a group of his greatest wizards, while the Baron of Midlam has assigned some of his most trusted scouts and warriors to guide and guard them on their search.

Midlam Miniatures are pleased to present a collection of nine 28mm scale figures, for all of your winter and snow-based Fantasy games.  There is a male and female warrior/scout, female dwarf, male and female halfling, male wizard and apprentice, and female wizard and apprentice, all in winter clothing.

0ce7ea834e65ff8d9577a86eb37e691a_origina

f3b0c9faa92a879f130286a1fa0ec2c3_origina

c06ddbec76ed52b246caa40d4811db7c_origina

7345a3bf4a3fea4c8c9a3575d2979723_origina

cbe2e695ca2d62e9b846f7c935763cd5_origina

94073daaa30a63ac617c38c105eb5151_origina

1e2e9cc977894b6649f9997a35c84939_origina

8dafbac4ae8e8dbfd6d5119cf8d98a6c_origina
22d5d3665e6df3165c80aa87c8eb4943_origina

I think this time they got me ... never backed one of theirs before because ... I really don't know why I didn't. I always liked a couple of the miniatures ... but this time, I like a lot.

9 people like this

Thanks for posting this. Nice stuff that I can use for Frostgrave immediately.

6 people like this

Exactly what I was thinking.

2 people like this

I'm gonna need you guys to invent teleportation so we can play Frostgrave.

Also, these minis are excellent. 

4 people like this

These guys deliver really fast too

4 people like this

9 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

These guys deliver really fast too

I hadn't heard of them before, so it's nice to know that they're good at the Kickstarter thing.

1 person likes this

I've always been impressed with Midlam.  Great models at great price points. 

Frostgravy!

I especially like the male Halfling and female Dwarf. They make me think of the most recent issue of "Rat Queens", though their gear is a little more sensible than caps and scarves tossed over standard armor.

2 people like this

That female Halfling .... thinking about putting a bottle into her hand so it looks like she is pouring some vodka ...

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

That female Halfling .... thinking about putting a bottle into her hand so it looks like she is pouring some vodka ...

Oooh.  A St. Bernard would make a great Ranger companion.

5 people like this

With a name like Brunhild I'm guessing they were thinking Nordic, but she looks like she'd make a beautiful Inuk warrior.

1 person likes this

I have backed a couple of their KS's earlier, and will definately back again. 

Good communication, delivery in time, high quality, crisp castings of excellent sculpts. Great stuff, A+ all around.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About this project

Meet Thrawn, the battle hardened, slayer of evil, that has seen more war than any other barbarian in his clan.  Or any other known clan, for that matter.  If you were to find yourself surrounded by demons, Thrawn is the one you'd want by your side. 
      This is the first  bust I've had printed, and here it is*:

*I will be going over this, and the other prints, with clay, smoothing out parts, adding details, and basically doing some quality control, before getting them mold/cast. 

Resh, the Chaos King. He's been marching his armies, of unspeakable horrors, across the land, taking everything they touch. If he's not stopped soon, he will be too powerful to face at all.

This is Raynard.  Much younger than Thrawn, but the only human brave enough to face Resh, and his evil horde of creatures.  He's seen enough war to make most men give up on humanity, but Raynard doesn't give up Ever.
      The stretch goals!  At $4000 you will get access to a female Necromancer, one of Resh's Most trusted advisors, and at $5000, an unamable horror, one of Resh's monstrous army.  While these haven't been completed yet, you can expect the same level of design quality, and detail, you've seen in the original 3.
      These will be printed by Entrescan, then molded and cast in resin, by Trollforged.  I'm doing my best, to design some really cool, and varied, busts, that should be a lot of fun to paint, and look great when you're done with them. 
      My goal here, is to raise the funds needed, to print, mold, cast, package, and ship these busts to your door. In order to keep shipping costs down, I'm going with Fedex International, as they seem to be the cheapest, without forcing me to get a mailing permit ($450) before even mailing anything out. 
      Doing this will keep costs down, but I'm not going to know how much shipping will be, until I get all the orders in.  If 50 busts need shipped, they will charge one price, if 75 need shipped, they will charge a completely different price.  This means I have no way of knowing exactly what to charge for shipping.  But I will keep you updated on this, as numbers develop.
    • By Darsc Zacal
      Do yourself a favour and take a look at what's on offer even if you've not backed one of Stonehavens projects before.
      Lots of unique and fun concepts scattered throughout,

Plus they've done things a bit differently and have everything already sculpted and shown.

Love the cloaked mysterious strangers.

• By Marc
      New Paths Compendium: Pathfinder RPG Expanded Edition
      Revised and expanded hardcover for Pathfinder RPG with new classes, feats, spells, and art, from arcane paladins to warlocks! From Kobold Press.

Check out the New Paths Compendium Kickstarter!

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project

• By SamuraiJack

About this project

A Song of Ice & Fire: Tabletop Miniatures Game is a competitive miniatures game for two or more players. Each player controls one of the Great Houses of Westeros, commanding battlefield units, recruiting legendary Heroes, and manipulating the political stage, in the attempt to claim the greatest prize of all: The Iron Throne. Featuring House Stark and House Lannister, the Starter Set comes with over one hundred amazing, preassembled miniatures that are ready to play out of the box! All-new sculpts are based off original art created for the game by our crew under the direct supervision of George R.R. Martin and Dark Sword Miniatures, to ensure that the game delivers what fans have been envisioning for years.
      The Stark vs Lannister Starter Set is a perfect introduction to a new miniatures game. With accessible and streamlined gameplay designed by Eric M. Lang and Michael Shinall, A Song of Ice and Fire: Tabletop Miniatures Game features 5 different Game Modes, Army Building and Customization options, and choices of Commanders and Attachments. This Set packs a lot of gameplay for 2 players!
      An example of the Starter Set miniatures painted. Note that minis come unpainted!  
      The loyal followers of the Direwolf Banner rally to defend the North! Miniatures come unpainted. Just before starting a game, players must build their armies, based on an agreed upon amount of points. Using these points, players forge the core of their army with powerful  Combat Units, such as the Stark Sworn Swords or Lannister Guards into their army. Each of these units has its own strengths and weaknesses.
      3D Render of the Stark Sworn Swords. 2 copies of this unit are included in the Starter Set!  
      3D Render of the Lannister Guards. 2 copies of this unit are included in the Starter Set!  
      Combat Unit cards  
      Attachments
      A player can also augment these units with powerful Attachments, which range from generic additions, like the Lannister Guard Captain, to legendary figures such as Ser Gregor Clegane: The Mountain.
      3D Renders of Robb Stark, Grey Wind and Ser Gregor 'The Mountain' Clegane  
      Greatjon Umber attached to the Umber Berserkers   
  • Who's Online   43 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)