• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By knarthex
      So, The very first mini I pulled out of the BOGW when I got it, was a Malifaux mini....
      As soon as I saw it, I knew how I had to paint it!
      So I give you @Sylverthorne the Girlblin!

Hope you like it!!!!!!

George

Abbreviated WIP here
      (Didn't have time to record everything with the need to get it done for Wednesday.....)
    • By Chaoswolf
      ...and finishing it in 10 days or less.

And you're all invited to come along for the ride. Audience participation is welcome and encouraged, just don't throw anything, please.
      (Unless it's money)

While on the hangouts last night, I had an idea for a new project, and then started to laugh. When asked what was so funny, I said that I had just thought of a cool idea for a vignette for Reapercon, but it was too bad it's only a little over a week away. Some of the helpful folks there encouraged me to 'go for it'. I laughed.

But I started thinking about it.

Then I really started to think about it; I got out some stuff, and made a crude  mock-up sketch. Then I thought about it some more.

....and now I think I'm going to do it. It's not like all of my other projects are already finished, right? Oh wait....

So, when I hobby, I usually have a couple different things going at one time, so that I can work on something else while i'm waiting for paint/glue/putty/whatever to dry. I was converting this fellow:
      http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones/latest/77408
      when the idea hit me.

So, what I'm thinking is a scene where the evil spell caster is summoning up some unholy thing from the pit for some evil shenanigans.

Mock up:

The big scary monster is not what I'm going to use; it's just a place holder. The summoning portal will be in the ground. What I'm thinking for the monster is that less is more; just an arm and top of the head, or some tentacles or something just starting to rise up out of the portal.
      What do you think?

Also, here's the guy I converted:

Since he was the chap that inspired this idea, I was going to use him as the star, (and I still might), but I was wondering if the calm pose works alright ( I imagine all the chanting, bloodletting and so on has concluded and he's just waiting for his minion to come forth ), or if a more action-y pose (arms spread, holding a staff/sword/something over the head, something like that) would be better.

Well, what do you think?
    • By Chaoswolf
      The past couple Reapercons that I've been at, I have noticed a fair amount of swag bag/con exclusive figures that people didn't want getting tossed onto the melt table and/or left laying around.
      I had the idea of collecting all the unwanted stuff, putting it in a box and shipping it around to folks who couldn't get to the 'con so that they could sort of 'be there, too'.

Unlike the regular BoGW, people donating wouldn't get anything out of the box, they would just be 'throwing away' the stuff they don't want in a slightly different direction. Maybe there would be a ribbon involved, maybe it might just be the thanks of people who will benefit done the line.

This isn't a for sure thing, I'm just testing the waters to see what people think of the idea.
      So, what do you think?

Mods: I know this is sort of a mini exchange, but I thought it might make more sense to be here. If it belongs elsewhere, my apologies for creating more work for you.
    • By Chaoswolf
      I've got a bunch of these GW Chaos Space Marines taking up space, so I figured I'll paint one or 2 of them every once in a while. Kharne the Betrayer is a pretty interesting guy, so I'm going to work on him first.

Early steps so far; I'm just working on his armor right now. Ignore the color on his arm; that's going to be going away soon.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!!!

• By Chaoswolf
      Here we have a collection of treasure markers made by various manufacturers ( I'm pretty sure the boots are Reaper, and I know the bags are ) that I've done up for Frostgrave.

• Who's Online   43 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)