TerraScapes: Caves & Grottos

On 7/9/2017 at 9:39 AM, SamuraiJack said:

Scale Compatibility: The tile designs have been optimized for 15mm, 25mm, 28mm and even 32mm miniatures! 

Some rocks are big some rocks are small
Some rocks are short some rocks are tall
Whatever your scale rocks fit them all
They all still die when the rocks fall

• Like 4

Those are some great pics!

The lack of a grid and my budget being spread thing with other campaigns (currently Cthulhu Wars and recently Dwarven Forge) is what is keeping me away.

I know this was going to be a big issue, if not the only real issue.  I'm a huge fan of grids myself.  I can honestly say though that it is easy to see the grid where there is none.  I've done plenty of playtesting on these and the only time I needed a grid was for spellcasting.  I opted to use a string that I made into a ruler to remedy the situation.

Let me ask you this though.  What if I were to add some notions of a grid with some rocks and cracks.  The nonlinear nature of the tiles would make the grid appear a little convoluted, with each having its own grid space.  These tiles don't fit together in a rigid linear manner.  They are placed on top of and next to in any angle or manner.  You would have the grid of 1 tile overlapping or at a different orientation to another.  Would this still be a happy median?  Would you be more likely to back this project with any hint of a grid?

In other news, I made a video of the above photo shoot.  check it out!

Edited by minigrinder

As per updates and comments section, this project will relaunch at a later date.  Topic can be closed.

Edited by Jeneki