Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Werewolvians

Ogress Bones III

10 posts in this topic

She looks great!

Nice.  I didn't even notice the little chained up Goblin until I started painting the clothes on mine.  I was a nice surprise and I think the best part of the model even though it's lack of detail makes it look a little derpy.  But then Goblins are supposed to look derpy. lol.

3 people like this

The Goblin looks like Dobby from HP.

Excellent paint job  on her! I hadn't even noticed the slave goblin before.

She is LOVELY, a symphony in lavender & green. You did an OUTSTANDING job with the brush & palette. VERY WELL DONE!

Nice job, very clean

Good job. Personally, I had to struggle not to practice doing sheer cloth on mine. Wife thought that joke might wear thin before too long.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Sneaking into the paint queue was a set of Merrow. 

As far as I know, these were the first Merrow miniatures actually made.  Of course, now 5E Merrow look like evil giant Mermen in the fashion of Warcraft Naga and are getting minis in the next pre-paint set...

I wound up with two, as one is a replacement.  The fellow with the club was converted, and had arrived with some casting issues on his face and arms.

The OG:

The remix:

• By Grayfax
      Finished with my latest show and will have at least two months before I'm in another.  Figured out that having a nice hobby room all to myself didn't work so well as my wife would find things for me to do so that I didn't go in there and leave her feeling alone.  Moved my big painting desk back out into the living room so progress should be fine and if she leaves, she's not upset about it.  

I had last stopped working on Yagun Oog well over a month ago, so I didn't want to try to jump back in on him right away.  Last week saw the Hangout Mini of the Month was another ogre, Kagunk, so I ordered him and he arrived yesterday in the mailbox.  After the show finished, I broke him open and began removing mold lines and smoothing things out.  For a while it seemed this was going to take several days, but soon I was back in the rhythm and by the time I write this he is ready for a washing.

As you can see, he is slightly large.  In fact, I had to go scrounging in the cabinets to find something I could put him on to paint him.  The jeweler's vice would sort of work, but without a tab that is problematic.  Nope, he is going to get a glass jar of high quality olives and a lot of white-tack.  He will see brown liner or primer tomorrow!  Also going to have to figure out a base for him as the large 50 cm rounds I had donated by Jasper the 2nd are not quite big enough.  He may get a slice of a cedar limb, we'll see...
    • By Nakatan
      Welcome the living classics! My new project - Mordheim mercenary ogre. Those miniatures from GW golden age are kind of awkward - they are have some real character in it, but the sculpting is really not the top. IMO it still best modern GW 3D-printed dummies, but, well, there are lot of flaws and mistakes, common for newbie sculptors (i walked this path too, so i know how it looks). Well, that where Tamiya putty comes forward and fixes this. As you can see, i used some Tamiya putty on a grounded and partially painted model. Yes, this is as cool as it is! I think some minor work on his face will be a good idea. You can track this project flow on my Patreon page. I will be grateful for your support.

• By Erk
      I've started painting my large army of bones ogres. Since my orcs are rust coloured I decided to try making ogres green, I'm pretty happy with the result.

• By Auberon
      On the 4th of July I painted a mini.  Due to her unfortunate Bonesium nature - her legs responded well to boiling and setting but the spear, which is a separate mold, did not - she became a test piece for painting tabletop using washes.  After the mid-tone and shadows were set by the washes, highlights and details were picked out in a normal manner.  Even with matte medium mixed into the ink washes she turned out super shiny, which isn't really an issue for a tabletop piece that will be sealed anyway.

And lastly a higher angle shot to better show the highlights.  It is larger to show off the gory details, and is more color accurate than the other pics.  Pay no attention to the stray grass.  She is still shedding a bit.

• Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)