Dr.Bedlam

SOLDIERS OF THE IMMORTAL GOD EMPEROR

40 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lidless Eye said:

This is not what I was expecting from the topic title!

Love them all, but I especially like the tank and the icons.

Still have several buttons. Toying with the idea of kit bashing a Mausnaught...

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

As soon as I saw space mouselings listed on the ks I thought of this. They came out wonderfully and who is to say that "He Who Never Goes Out of Copyright" isn't just one more facet of the Emprah? As to gaming with them, just say that certain batches of the primaris marines came out a bit...different.

It might be a bit galling to have your Orkz hammered flat by a squad of mice...

7 people like this

@Dr.Bedlam

I have heard rumors of Hello Kitty Chapter Space Marines...

...if those exist, obviously your guys would be their mortal enemies. 

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

At this point, my joke 40k figures nearly outnumber my real ones. In fact, if it weren't for the Space Hulk game, they would.

Edited by Dr.Bedlam
6 people like this

:lol:

That's great, Doc!

Posted (edited)

On 7/12/2017 at 2:03 PM, Dr.Bedlam said:

I actually foresee a schism among 40K players when someone shows up for a game at their FLGS with a squad of these mouselings. There will be 40K players who will think this is hilarious, and roll with it... and there will be 40K players who will scream "HERESY!"

Doc, the only way I'd ever play 40K would be with a squad of these guys, lol...

Edited by Mad Jack
3 people like this

On 13-7-2017 at 5:57 AM, Dr.Bedlam said:

Still have several buttons. Toying with the idea of kit bashing a Mausnaught...

It might be a bit galling to have your Orkz hammered flat by a squad of mice...

Please do!

8 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

Please do!

Thinking about it. Only reason the tank happened is because I had a toy tank chassis handy. Still looking and poking around for bitz that might make a Mausnaught. 

At this point, I have... an arm. With a claw on the end. Aside from that... well, lemme get back to you.

1 person likes this

3 people like this

Hm. The video makes it look surprisingly easy. Still need to figure out how to put mouse ears and a snout on it...

4 people like this

2 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Hm. The video makes it look surprisingly easy. Still need to figure out how to put mouse ears and a snout on it...

Maybe you can use one of those bigger toy rats or something?

Or a Mouse Cat Toy?

1 person likes this

Consitering how everything in 40k seems to cycle from overpowered to nerfed, I imagine the ork player might appreciate something new. Cheese Marines in more than one sense of the word.

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

Maybe you can use one of those bigger toy rats or something?

Or a Mouse Cat Toy?

I'm chewin' on it. What's worse? I have a LOT of beads handy -- She Who Dances With Mouselings is a jewelry maker -- and I have some foam handy as well. The video makes it look like no more than an afternoon's project. I just have to think and sketch and look at mouse cartoons until inspiration strikes.

Weirdly, I have a Mickey Mouse cake topper that I was thinking of turning into a ruined statue/monument; I wanted to play with verdigris effects. And this is all sort of drawing towards some sort of bizarre diorama...

3 people like this

On 7/12/2017 at 0:54 PM, Dr.Bedlam said:

"IN THE NAME OF HE-WHO-NEVER-GOES-OUT-OF-COPYRIGHT, SMITE THE HERETICS!!!"

EMPRAH.jpg

Speed paint job... except for the pistol wielder at left, who was NOT part of Bones III, but was the Reapercon '15 convention mouseling. He's the one mounted on a conventional slottabase; the Bones versions have integral bases.

Weirdly, the further I got with the mouselings, the more I realized they needed armor in order to acquire Cheese For The Cheese God, or whatever. The lower chassis is from a commercial tank kit, with the turret removed and replaced with one made from gumball machine bubbles with a recoilless cannon added from yet another tank kit. Things like this console me; the boxes of junk and spare parts I keep in the garage are there for a REASON! The "mouse hats" used for the commander's backpack banner and tank markings were originally buttons obtained at a craft store.

SPESS MEHREENS! FUR THA EMPRAH!

I will point out my daughter, Pink, who loves everything He who must not be named immediately identified everything.  And smiled and giggled at this.  Mission accomplished, Doc.  A bit of happiness for a child is always a cool thing to share (and it brought a smile to my fact to share with her!).

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

357. And though he fought as bravely as any Soldier of the Emperor, Brother Roquefort fell before the heretic. And lo! did his Battle Brothers rally and smite and the day was theirs!
358. And Brother Roquefort did live, although his body was sore broken, damaged, wounded, harmed, pulverized, Cuisinarted, and many other terms from the Holy Thesaurus. And yet he lived, and would have served the Emperor still, had he been able to wiggle more than three parts at any given time. And Brother Roquefort wept, for his time of serving the Emperor was done; he could do battle no more. Well, at least they think he wept. They weren't sure where his eyes were, and by that point, a sneeze, a snore, and a liturgy unto the Emperor all sounded the same, coming from poor Roquefort. He really was a bit of a mess.
359. And Brother-Captain Brie said unto him, "Well, hang on a minute, here. Some of the parts still work. At least, those we could find. Let us take you to the Forge World of Velveeta-IV, that we may see what can be done."
360. And lo, the Battle Brothers did go to the Forge World of Velveeta-IV (after a brief stopoff at the Brewer's World of Siegrum-VII) and presented what was left of Brother Roquefort unto the Forge Priests, and said, "Our brother, despite his fragmentary and leakish condition, would yet serve the Emperor for many more millenia of mindless warfare and terrifying xenophobia. Can nothing be done for him, o Forge Priests?"
361. And lo, did Maldeb, greatest of Forge Priests, look upon the scattered fragments of Brother Roquefort, and he did say, "Hm. Well, I've definitely seen worse," in a bad Billy Crystal impression. "Let's see what we have in the Bitz Box..."

img_4483-1.jpg.92e5dd4d3b1832af8f780ac172e41cfa.jpg

Edited by Dr.Bedlam
11 people like this

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

I'm chewin' on it. What's worse? I have a LOT of beads handy -- She Who Dances With Mouselings is a jewelry maker -- and I have some foam handy as well. The video makes it look like no more than an afternoon's project. I just have to think and sketch and look at mouse cartoons until inspiration strikes.

Weirdly, I have a Mickey Mouse cake topper that I was thinking of turning into a ruined statue/monument; I wanted to play with verdigris effects. And this is all sort of drawing towards some sort of bizarre diorama...

4 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

357. And though he fought as bravely as any Soldier of the Emperor, Brother Roquefort fell before the heretic. And lo! did his Battle Brothers rally and smite and the day was theirs!
358. And Brother Roquefort did live, although his body was sore broken, damaged, wounded, harmed, pulverized, Cuisinarted, and many other terms from the Holy Thesaurus. And yet he lived, and would have served the Emperor still, had he been able to wiggle more than three parts at any given time. And Brother Roquefort wept, for his time of serving the Emperor was done; he could do battle no more. Well, at least they think he wept. They weren't sure where his eyes were, and by that point, a sneeze, a snore, and a liturgy unto the Emperor all sounded the same, coming from poor Roquefort. He really was a bit of a mess.
359. And Brother-Captain Brie said unto him, "Well, hang on a minute, here. Some of the parts still work. At least, those we could find. Let us take you to the Forge World of Velveeta-IV, that we may see what can be done."
360. And lo, the Battle Brothers did go to the Forge World of Velveeta-IV (after a brief stopoff at the Brewer's World of Siegrum-VII) and presented what was left of Brother Roquefort unto the Forge Priests, and said, "Our brother, despite his fragmentary and leakish condition, would yet serve the Emperor for many more millenia of mindless warfare and terrifying xenophobia. Can nothing be done for him, o Forge Priests?"
361. And lo, did Maldeb, greatest of Forge Priests, look upon the scattered fragments of Brother Roquefort, and he did say, "Hm. Well, I've definitely seen worse," in a bad Billy Crystal impression. "Let's see what we have in the Bitz Box..."

img_4483-1.jpg.92e5dd4d3b1832af8f780ac172e41cfa.jpg

A verdigris Mouse statue sounds great.

I'm pretty sure this projects is quickly getting out of hand, as it should...

The story about brother Roquefort brought a tear to my eye, such dedication to the Emprah.

It's better to die for the Emprah than to live for yourself.

I sincerely hope Brother Roquefort can be restored ( embedded?) to fight for the Emprah once more!

Oh, one more thing, don't chew on that mouse toy, you're going to need it.

Edited by Xherman1964
5 people like this