Followers 0
SamuraiJack

Live
The Frost Collection: Scatter Terrain For The Frozen City

7 posts in this topic

About this project

084e1a6ebd9a83b4c65b6f458619a3ae_origina

33772abf346bb3e6060a2934860f1d03_origina

This will be Oz Clay Creations' first Kickstarter campaign release.  

Our goal is to bring a complete range of scatter terrain pieces to the community that fulfills all the needs of the scenarios for the Frozen City and its expansions. 

No more using toilet rolls for pillars or missing pieces when purchasing dungeon sets not specific to the game or even replacing needed pieces with close likenesses. All our pieces are hand sculpted in fine detail, cast in quality resin and then hand-painted in the theme suited to the frozen city. Despite our pieces' versatility, each piece has been designed to fit a specific goal, yet still have diverse uses.

We are thrilled to finally release The Frost Collection to the community, with the hope that you will find a treasured place for our pieces among your finished collections. The aim of future campaigns like this will be to give us the opportunity to produce for the community quality scatter terrain pieces for those collections of RPG, skirmish and tabletop games so popular today, bringing our backers the sets they need that are ready out of the box to hit the tabletop running.

d727857c937b0b30866202d5d5fae9a8_origina
  • Our project includes three special sets that will open up the opportunity for gamers to uniquely create a setting that matches the feel of the game so many of us love.
  • Our pledge of The Deluxe Set targets the needs of a two-person game, whereas pledges of two full sets covers four players.

15252cdc3210792061b4091692ed3afe_origina

a51042a726b33d1a469d3b1a8035ac59_origina

632bde1441dc3ed64f435621bf6d7eff_origina
  • A pledge on our Core Set will fulfill the scatter terrain pieces needed for the base game. The two other sets round out what is needed for all the extra expansions that followed.

The Alter of Change lives again!

Heh, just saw this one come across my Facebook feed. Glad I checked before posting. :lol:

Stuff looks nice, but I have way too much overlap with other Kickstarter I've backed or things I've purchased...

What I really need is someone making an entire ruined frozen city...

What game is this for? They mention "The Frozen City", but a search doesn't turn up anything. Or is this terrain for Frostgrave and they're avoiding mentioning it by name?? TIA!

It's for Frostgrave. I'm pretty sure the Facebook post I saw called it out by that name specifically, but the nature of the terrain - the Bone Wheel especially - reveals what it's for.

1 person likes this

The sets are very clearly the specific terrain needed for the various campaign scenarios.

Cool stuff. And I like their take on the bone wheel.

6 hours ago, ced1106 said:

What game is this for? They mention "The Frozen City", but a search doesn't turn up anything. Or is this terrain for Frostgrave and they're avoiding mentioning it by name?? TIA!

If "Frostgrave" is too prominently mentioned, especially in the name of the project, a person could reasonably consider the project creator to be "trading upon" Osprey's trademark. This would be an actionable trademark violation.

Since I don't know how much litigation there has been about crowd-funded projects and trademarks (or even if any such action has gone to a judge/jury), I would be more careful in such a campaign than in other venues. You really don't want to be the lead case even if you win; it's too expensive.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marc
      New Paths Compendium: Pathfinder RPG Expanded Edition
      Revised and expanded hardcover for Pathfinder RPG with new classes, feats, spells, and art, from arcane paladins to warlocks! From Kobold Press.

Check out the New Paths Compendium Kickstarter!

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      The Story
      Hello again from Munchkin Metropolis!  This time around I'm targeting all of you Roleplay Gamers!  With my DIY Dungeon Kit you can now take your game nights to a whole new level.  Being able to customize your dungeons into the format you want makes being a game master so much more fun!  Below you'll see the Base Set that includes the 4 most popular sets, plus the Stretch Goal Furniture Set.  The miniatures pictured are not included in your reward (I just wanted to show how I personally utilize this setup)...Other than that, the picture is exactly what you'll receive. 
      Too Much Information
      I've recently been to the Doc and have been placed on a very strict diet and workout regimen (Working out isn't that strict, it's just 30min of light cardio daily).  But he told me not to do anything overly physical, which for a woodworker means I can't really work.  So, to save my heart and keep my business afloat, I've chosen a campaign that utilizes the laser for 80% of the work...with the remaining 20% being light physical duty.
      Due to the sheer weight of these items, I've worked to minimize the cost on materials and labor as much as possible.   The base set weighs almost 15lb and will ship in a 12x12x6 corrugated box.  Making each set is 8 hours of laser time and about 2 hours physical labor (Which is why I set the delivery date 2 months out instead of 1...but for you early backers, expect me to start shipping rewards within a week of the campaign ending.)  Mostly, I wanted to GUARANTEE delivery before Christmas.  By setting it to October, I will have plenty of time to handle anything that comes up. 
      The base set already includes the 4 most popular Expansions and will make an AWESOME Christmas Gift!  
      The floor pieces are designed so that you can expand into infinity to make those LARGE scale battle zones.  
      You'll choose either 1 or 2 inch per expansion. Each Wall Expansion is designed to be as versatile as your campaign!  
      A Base Set ready to ship (The Furniture Set is in the bag)  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rwgdesign/the-do-it-yourself-dungeon-kit
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Welcome!
      We would like to invite you to our first on Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign dedicated to miniatures! We made a few before on other platforms, but now we are also here with new models and recast offer for all old ones. All of miniatures presented below are compatible with Fantasy Battles: The 9th Age. However you can use them in any other game you want.
      During our previous campaigns we showed our possibilities and strong orientation for reaching customers needs and vision of miniatures. Also projects presented in this campaign were started some time ago and developed with The 9th Age community to be as good as it was possible. Our very talented sculptors, artists and manufacturers are doing all their best to provide you with the best products possible. We have hope, and strongly believe, that you will enjoy what you see below.
      Your support is very important for us. While we see that our products are still needed we will run future releases. So thank you in advance to give us that possibility.
      How our process look like:
      1. 3D sculpt

1b. 3D sculpt of alternative options (as option for bestsellers)
      2. Printing than casting resin models
      3. Professional painting (as special option)

All 3D sculpts has already been made. Most resin molds also. We need your help to invest in missing production molds and materials to finish all open projects. Also stretch goals will help us raise funds to make some alternative versions and options for our miniatures, which for sure you will also like as base versions.
      1. Sylvan Elves

• By SamuraiJack

About this project

Ancient Warriors – a new collection of figurines from Cartoon Miniatures. This is result of work of a team of professionals, a combination of excellent idea and quality implementation. So far, only on Kickstarter! 
      Each miniature: 
      In 40mm scale  Made of resin  Highly detailed  Not painted  Limited edition   
      Soon we and our friends from Wendy's Miniaturen will be launching a kickstarter campaign. You'll see a figurines from the Age of Ancient Warriors in the World of Belantir. Belantir is a world where battles and clashes never stop. One after another, the invaders advance with devastating campaigns through the world. But nevertheless, there are not only ruthless conquerors, but also noble heroes who are ready to repel any enemy! In every corner of Belantir, there are tales of warriors of never-fading glory. You will have the opportunity to get acquainted with the greatest warriors who lived in one of the toughest and bloodiest eras, also known as the "War of the Tiger”.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)