Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

The Frost Collection: Scatter Terrain For The Frozen City

About this project

084e1a6ebd9a83b4c65b6f458619a3ae_origina

33772abf346bb3e6060a2934860f1d03_origina

This will be Oz Clay Creations' first Kickstarter campaign release.  

Our goal is to bring a complete range of scatter terrain pieces to the community that fulfills all the needs of the scenarios for the Frozen City and its expansions. 

No more using toilet rolls for pillars or missing pieces when purchasing dungeon sets not specific to the game or even replacing needed pieces with close likenesses. All our pieces are hand sculpted in fine detail, cast in quality resin and then hand-painted in the theme suited to the frozen city. Despite our pieces' versatility, each piece has been designed to fit a specific goal, yet still have diverse uses.

We are thrilled to finally release The Frost Collection to the community, with the hope that you will find a treasured place for our pieces among your finished collections. The aim of future campaigns like this will be to give us the opportunity to produce for the community quality scatter terrain pieces for those collections of RPG, skirmish and tabletop games so popular today, bringing our backers the sets they need that are ready out of the box to hit the tabletop running.

d727857c937b0b30866202d5d5fae9a8_origina
  • Our project includes three special sets that will open up the opportunity for gamers to uniquely create a setting that matches the feel of the game so many of us love.
  • Our pledge of The Deluxe Set targets the needs of a two-person game, whereas pledges of two full sets covers four players.

15252cdc3210792061b4091692ed3afe_origina

a51042a726b33d1a469d3b1a8035ac59_origina

632bde1441dc3ed64f435621bf6d7eff_origina
  • A pledge on our Core Set will fulfill the scatter terrain pieces needed for the base game. The two other sets round out what is needed for all the extra expansions that followed.

Heh, just saw this one come across my Facebook feed. Glad I checked before posting. :lol:

Stuff looks nice, but I have way too much overlap with other Kickstarter I've backed or things I've purchased...

What I really need is someone making an entire ruined frozen city...

What game is this for? They mention "The Frozen City", but a search doesn't turn up anything. Or is this terrain for Frostgrave and they're avoiding mentioning it by name?? TIA!

It's for Frostgrave. I'm pretty sure the Facebook post I saw called it out by that name specifically, but the nature of the terrain - the Bone Wheel especially - reveals what it's for.

• Like 1

The sets are very clearly the specific terrain needed for the various campaign scenarios.

Cool stuff. And I like their take on the bone wheel.

6 hours ago, ced1106 said:

What game is this for? They mention "The Frozen City", but a search doesn't turn up anything. Or is this terrain for Frostgrave and they're avoiding mentioning it by name?? TIA!

If "Frostgrave" is too prominently mentioned, especially in the name of the project, a person could reasonably consider the project creator to be "trading upon" Osprey's trademark. This would be an actionable trademark violation.

Since I don't know how much litigation there has been about crowd-funded projects and trademarks (or even if any such action has gone to a judge/jury), I would be more careful in such a campaign than in other venues. You really don't want to be the lead case even if you win; it's too expensive.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lessonslearned
      The Weitz Method, created by Andrew Weitz, a Juilliard-educated professional musician, is based on a revolutionary method of music notation called Weitz Notation that allows students to play piano in minutes. Once a student learns the basics of The Weitz Method, they will have the ability to play any song in Weitz Notation. Andrew Weitz wants to bring The Weitz Method to people all over the world via downloadable video lessons.

Why 'The Weitz Method'
      'The Weitz Method' works by breaking down each song into simple notation using familiar shapes. No need to spend hours learning how to read music! 'The Weitz Method' gives you the freedom to learn the songs you choose immediately. Say goodbye to the typical beginner tunes and hello to your favorite pop melody. With the funds to purchase song rights, 'The Weitz Notation Library' has the potential to grow exponentially.  
      Let's face it: you're busy! With responsibilities, friends and family, your time is at a premium. You deserve the freedom to pursue your passion for music at your own pace. That's why 'The Weitz Method' will consist of a downloadable material that's always ready when you are.

For more information or to donate, click the link below!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11668449/the-weitz-method/description
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/black-earth-sci-fi-miniature-wargame#/

A 28mm miniature wargame set in the near future Earth of 2070
    • By SamuraiJack
      About
        Hail Commander!,  
      Welcome to COLONIAL SPACE WARS: ARMOURED WARFARE 3. The goal of this crowdfunding is the creation of new vehicles for the wargame CSW. This KS is the continuation of CSW: ARMOURED WARFARE and CSW ARMOURED WARFARE II, which were successfully funded. With your support to this campaign we will expand the range of tanks, mechs and buildings available, making the CSW experience even cooler!.
      Despite CSW ARMOURED WARFARE models are designed for the wargame COLONIAL SPACE WARS, they can be used in other sci-fi game systems that use 15mm and smaller scales.
      Terran battleloids ready for action!. These models were 3D sculpted by José Méndez. They are produced mainly in resin, but white metal is used for thinner components. Round 50mm DF bases, required for CSW gaming, are supplied with the vehicles. 
      Size comparison of some CSW AW models.  The project is developed by Vedra Games, a Spanish game publisher that has released the board games "Colonial Space Wars", "Dragon Rush" and "Golf´n´Roll". Our two previous CSW Kickstarters were managed professionally and efficiently, and thus we can guarantee the fulfillment of the project.
      Finally this campaign is just a little fraction of a rich sci-fi universe. In time, we want to reproduce that same range of units in miniatures that it is available in the boardgame CSW version. And with your support we will achieve it!.
      This Kickstarter campaign will last only 10 days. During this period, backers are invited to join by pledging with different perks (see below). Each perk will require the compromise of investing a certain amount of funding; the higher is this level, the greater amount of additional Tactical Resources (rewards) to choose from. 

In any case, backers should remember that no charges would be applied in case the minimum required for funding the campaign was not reached.
      To our most committed backers (Commander pledge) belong an awesome exclusive Kickstarter reward: the centauri Polemarch Minotaur!

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      A ground-breaking tabletop building system, made of durable, highly detailed, precise laser cut MDF and grey board. All buildings come ready to use, no glue required. THIS IS NOT A KIT!
      This unique system for 28mm tabletop games and RPG's uses strong earth magnets to attach the building exteriors (skins) to a base box. 
      Construction couldn't be simpler! The magnetic system means the buildings can be easily and quickly assembled, disassembled and reassembled over and over in various combinations. 
       PLAY Not only can you change skins to create different building combinations from within a range, you can also select skins from other ranges depending on the game or period you wish to play. This cross-game terrain system means you can build a Wild West town one evening, then just by changing the skins on the base box, a fantasy village for a wargame the next. 
       PLAY All skins are pre-assembled and designed to flat-pack away. This  makes transportation much easier and considerably cuts down storage needed, keeping everyone happy.
      What's more, your base box can be used as storage for your figures and other gaming elements, such as dice and tokens.

• By fabio2000
      Hi to everyone, I’m a 3D modeler and painter,
      i've worked for years as a game assets publisher on Unity engine 

I’m promoting my campaign on kickstarter for fantasy elements for 28 mm scenarios,
      here the link of the campaign,
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/968660672/3d-printable-files-for-fantasy-scenery-28mm?ref=discovery&term=stl
      (I apologize if I’m in the wrong thread)
      I hope you like it.
      thank you
      fabio

• Who's Online   34 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)