Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

The Frost Collection: Scatter Terrain For The Frozen City

About this project

084e1a6ebd9a83b4c65b6f458619a3ae_origina

33772abf346bb3e6060a2934860f1d03_origina

This will be Oz Clay Creations' first Kickstarter campaign release.  

Our goal is to bring a complete range of scatter terrain pieces to the community that fulfills all the needs of the scenarios for the Frozen City and its expansions. 

No more using toilet rolls for pillars or missing pieces when purchasing dungeon sets not specific to the game or even replacing needed pieces with close likenesses. All our pieces are hand sculpted in fine detail, cast in quality resin and then hand-painted in the theme suited to the frozen city. Despite our pieces' versatility, each piece has been designed to fit a specific goal, yet still have diverse uses.

We are thrilled to finally release The Frost Collection to the community, with the hope that you will find a treasured place for our pieces among your finished collections. The aim of future campaigns like this will be to give us the opportunity to produce for the community quality scatter terrain pieces for those collections of RPG, skirmish and tabletop games so popular today, bringing our backers the sets they need that are ready out of the box to hit the tabletop running.

d727857c937b0b30866202d5d5fae9a8_origina
  • Our project includes three special sets that will open up the opportunity for gamers to uniquely create a setting that matches the feel of the game so many of us love.
  • Our pledge of The Deluxe Set targets the needs of a two-person game, whereas pledges of two full sets covers four players.

15252cdc3210792061b4091692ed3afe_origina

a51042a726b33d1a469d3b1a8035ac59_origina

632bde1441dc3ed64f435621bf6d7eff_origina
  • A pledge on our Core Set will fulfill the scatter terrain pieces needed for the base game. The two other sets round out what is needed for all the extra expansions that followed.

Heh, just saw this one come across my Facebook feed. Glad I checked before posting. :lol:

Stuff looks nice, but I have way too much overlap with other Kickstarter I've backed or things I've purchased...

What I really need is someone making an entire ruined frozen city...

What game is this for? They mention "The Frozen City", but a search doesn't turn up anything. Or is this terrain for Frostgrave and they're avoiding mentioning it by name?? TIA!

It's for Frostgrave. I'm pretty sure the Facebook post I saw called it out by that name specifically, but the nature of the terrain - the Bone Wheel especially - reveals what it's for.

• Like 1

The sets are very clearly the specific terrain needed for the various campaign scenarios.

Cool stuff. And I like their take on the bone wheel.

6 hours ago, ced1106 said:

What game is this for? They mention "The Frozen City", but a search doesn't turn up anything. Or is this terrain for Frostgrave and they're avoiding mentioning it by name?? TIA!

If "Frostgrave" is too prominently mentioned, especially in the name of the project, a person could reasonably consider the project creator to be "trading upon" Osprey's trademark. This would be an actionable trademark violation.

Since I don't know how much litigation there has been about crowd-funded projects and trademarks (or even if any such action has gone to a judge/jury), I would be more careful in such a campaign than in other venues. You really don't want to be the lead case even if you win; it's too expensive.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      I've made four small rats and the big rat and have three others designed and ready to sculpt. I'm raising funds to buy the materials that I need to make more for all of you lovely backers :)
      These are the starting rat models that you can choose from:
      The Rat Pack  And here's some close ups:
      Rat 1  
      Rat 1   
      Rat 2  
      Rat 2  
      Rat 3  
      Rat 3  
      Rat 4  
      Rat 4  
      Big Rat  
      Big Rat
    • By Boaz
       Started building a Kulathi battle force and colony outpost for their Kuden-3 outpost, in the Beehive star cluster, in the crab nebula ... 

Having 3 fingers a hand and 6 limbs the number system fore the Kulathi is based on 6 ... with 2,3 and 4 also prominent, so I based there units on 6 ...

An officer (2 pistols = smg) 3 left hand smg and 2 right hand automatic rifles make a strike team ... no other unit types teams can exceed the number of strike teams.

The fire team has 1 officer 1 smg and 4 auto rifles ... a longer ranged bite.

I'm also adding a few hound of Tindalos units (4 with 1 smg and 1 officer kulathi) with bigger things in the works ...

• By Darsc Zacal
      EDIT: Kickstarter is now Live!

"Hi everyone, we are back - and with a brand new Kickstarter!
      Later this week we are launching a Kickstarter featuring Viking and Anglo-Saxon ships, buildings and accessories - and we wanted to get the word out.

Yes...more ships! During the Kickstarter we'll be making some of our older ships and popular models available for a limited time as well as the new ones. Same designs - but now unpainted.
      To recap on our history: Last year we closed up our webstore and decided to pretty much quit making models. But after some thought we came up with the idea for a "Model of the Month" (MoTM) - evolve to go forward! Each month we make a brand new model available for purchase - we take orders, build and ship exactly that number, then "retire" the kit and move on to something else on the next month.
      We have been slowly building up customers and getting the word out there. Some models did better than others but what was clear to us was that we still enjoyed making models, just at a more relaxed pace. Only doing one model a month was way more enjoyable and because we could mass-produce more efficiently - it's also a better business model for us.
      Renaissance Miniatures has never been our bread and butter. We do okay on Model-of-the-Month and Kickstarters but the webstore was always more pain than gain.
      Then came our small Viking ship as one of our MoTM offerings. Vikings was a genre we had never done before but our ship models are always a favorite of customers. So, rather than spinning them out over months - lo and behold: A new Kickstarter featuring what a lot of people know us for..ships!

The Model of the Month is on hold right now while we get the Kickstarter running - but it'll start up again in a couple of months. But for now, the Viking Kickstarter is the main priority. Getting the models made and sent out to backers as quickly as possible.
      So please join us next week and follow along. Give us some feedback and lets make this fun again. We love talking with you guys. And we love having our models be involved with your enjoyment of tabletop gaming. Now....lets play!
      If all goes well, we'll launch the new Kickstarter on the 9th (this coming Friday)"
    • By Brianuk
      Inspired by getting the docks done I did some more work on an unfinished watchtower project. 
      It is a hexagonal pencil pot that I sawed in half. I put in balsa supports then layered coffee stirrers for the roof. 
      To defend it I have added foam core board annexes either side of the door. 
      I need to figure out how to do a lip all around the upper part (which will lift off) to disguise the joins. 
      For the door I am probably just going to stick some magnetic material to the back of a couple of one sided resin doors so there can be a broken and unbroken option. 
      Will paint or stick on the other doors and arrow slits. 
      I haven't put it on a hill, wanted it to be versatile so a fairly limited wooden base. Will landscape it but keep it relatively flat. 
      Will also add the ability to stick in artillery, I have the dwarf organ gun from Mantic and think that would be ideal as a 'deck gun'. 

• Who's Online   51 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)