Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

The Frost Collection: Scatter Terrain For The Frozen City

About this project

084e1a6ebd9a83b4c65b6f458619a3ae_origina

33772abf346bb3e6060a2934860f1d03_origina

This will be Oz Clay Creations' first Kickstarter campaign release.  

Our goal is to bring a complete range of scatter terrain pieces to the community that fulfills all the needs of the scenarios for the Frozen City and its expansions. 

No more using toilet rolls for pillars or missing pieces when purchasing dungeon sets not specific to the game or even replacing needed pieces with close likenesses. All our pieces are hand sculpted in fine detail, cast in quality resin and then hand-painted in the theme suited to the frozen city. Despite our pieces' versatility, each piece has been designed to fit a specific goal, yet still have diverse uses.

We are thrilled to finally release The Frost Collection to the community, with the hope that you will find a treasured place for our pieces among your finished collections. The aim of future campaigns like this will be to give us the opportunity to produce for the community quality scatter terrain pieces for those collections of RPG, skirmish and tabletop games so popular today, bringing our backers the sets they need that are ready out of the box to hit the tabletop running.

d727857c937b0b30866202d5d5fae9a8_origina
  • Our project includes three special sets that will open up the opportunity for gamers to uniquely create a setting that matches the feel of the game so many of us love.
  • Our pledge of The Deluxe Set targets the needs of a two-person game, whereas pledges of two full sets covers four players.

15252cdc3210792061b4091692ed3afe_origina

a51042a726b33d1a469d3b1a8035ac59_origina

632bde1441dc3ed64f435621bf6d7eff_origina
  • A pledge on our Core Set will fulfill the scatter terrain pieces needed for the base game. The two other sets round out what is needed for all the extra expansions that followed.

Heh, just saw this one come across my Facebook feed. Glad I checked before posting. :lol:

Stuff looks nice, but I have way too much overlap with other Kickstarter I've backed or things I've purchased...

What I really need is someone making an entire ruined frozen city...

What game is this for? They mention "The Frozen City", but a search doesn't turn up anything. Or is this terrain for Frostgrave and they're avoiding mentioning it by name?? TIA!

It's for Frostgrave. I'm pretty sure the Facebook post I saw called it out by that name specifically, but the nature of the terrain - the Bone Wheel especially - reveals what it's for.

• Like 1

The sets are very clearly the specific terrain needed for the various campaign scenarios.

Cool stuff. And I like their take on the bone wheel.

6 hours ago, ced1106 said:

What game is this for? They mention "The Frozen City", but a search doesn't turn up anything. Or is this terrain for Frostgrave and they're avoiding mentioning it by name?? TIA!

If "Frostgrave" is too prominently mentioned, especially in the name of the project, a person could reasonably consider the project creator to be "trading upon" Osprey's trademark. This would be an actionable trademark violation.

Since I don't know how much litigation there has been about crowd-funded projects and trademarks (or even if any such action has gone to a judge/jury), I would be more careful in such a campaign than in other venues. You really don't want to be the lead case even if you win; it's too expensive.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MojoBob

I'm trying out another river segment, built in pretty much the same way as my first one, but this time I'm using a a material that is new to me, SculptaMold from Amaco. I saw it used on Luke's APS on Youtube and liked the look of it, so I popped down and bought a bag from Gordon Harris art supplies. It cost me about twenty-two bucks for about 1.3 kg, which should be enough to do a reasonable amount of terrain. It would probably get a bit pricey if you wanted to build a whole table, but for my purposes it's OK.

It's a plaster and paper (?) fibre mix; I don't know if there's anything else in there. Depending on the amount of water you use it can be mixed to a cottage cheese-like paste, as I've used it here, or to a more liquid slurry that can be cast in rubber moulds. It sets up more slowly than plain plaster; by the time I'd finished laying out the river banks and setting in all the gravel, it was still quite workable, so I slapped together a little rocky outcrop on a plastic cutting board, using some bits of pine bark and the left-over goop from the river banks. I wasn't really keeping track of time, but I'd guess that you probably have 15 to 20 minutes of working time, which is plenty for most things.

When it's wet, it retains a quite knobbly cottage cheese texture, which is fine if it's going to be under flock and stuff. If you want a smoother finish though, just leave it for about another ten minutes or quarter of an hour to stiffen up a bit, and then it can be smoothed with wet fingers or modelling tools, or just with a wet soft brush.

It's early days yet, but at first acquaintance I think I'm going to like it.
    • By kodiakbear
      If anybody here loves cavern terrain and missed DF's first cavern KS KS2, this spring/summer around June DF will have KS6. The theme of KS6 will be Return to the Caverns and should be great fun for those who took part in KS2 or those who are new to DF.

DF had this to say and showed the below teaser pics

We're doing for Caverns what Dungeon of Doom did for Dungeons. A whole new batch of fun pieces to enhance your existing collection, but also completely stand-alone.

Some of the key features:
      New Core Shapes (diagonal wall, convex curves, 1" pieces, etc)
      Passages
      Elevation (with stuff that's impossible on graph paper...)
      Negative Space pieces (and new Terrain Trays)
      Flashy Pieces (Magnets & LEDs)
      Large pieces (4x4 and larger)

• By MojoBob

Something that's missing from my gaming terrain collection are bodies of water, so I thought I'd better make some. Unlike roads, a river can't really just start or stop in the middle of the board, so I'll need enough pieces to cover about a two and a half metre length, enough to go from end to end of my table.

This is the test piece, trying out methods and colours. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, but I feel that it's lacking something and I'm not quite sure what it is. Perhaps it's that everything is quite even in height, so there's no drama of composition.

The base is 3mm MDF, sealed with black spray primer, and the banks were built up with Das air-drying clay. The rocks are just bits of gravel. The grass is several colours of sawdust flock, and the taller vegetation is foam clump foliage.

The water itself is just three or four coats of acrylic gloss medium brushed over paint, with various depths indicated by lighter or darker tones. I didn't want a perfectly smooth surface, so it's just been brushed with a narrowish brush to indicate the flow of the water. I haven't added any indications of the direction of flow, such as ripple trails off the rocks, because I want to be able to flip the modules end-for-end to maximise flexibility of use.

The ends are 100mm wide, and this piece is about 350mm long.
    • By SisterMaryNapalm

This will be the Terrain build-up thread for the Valkyria Chronicles scenario I am creating here: Let’s Make … Gallia to Arms! A 20mm Valkyria Chronicles Scenario

I wanted to create a double effect with the terrain. On one hand, my goal was to recreate the atmosphere that Valkyria Chronicles radiates, this special kind of game and anime combination that made the game's artstyle so unique.

On the other hand I was aware that there is some difference between the view the player in VC has on the units and terrain and the view a player has on a board game.

So I decided to mix the overall design with the art style of the original Blitzkrieg strategy game.

Well then - gehen wir's an!
    • By SisterMaryNapalm

Hello everyone,

I’ve been asking myself if this is the right place, but as this project has been the one that kept me busy for most of my recent time and is very dear to me, I would like to present it to you.

The whole idea to this was born during the time when I nearly stopped painting miniatures and doing wargaming.
      I had some pretty bad experiences with some guys and communities in Germany and my overall motivation to do some painting and building stuff was down to almost none. I even stopped writing which normally is my preferred method of relaxing. In short: A midlife miniature crisis.

Read some more about the background over here:

Gallia to Arms - original blog entry

During that time a friend of mine bought the miniature kit of the Edelweiß tank that became available just then and later also purchased the kit of the Shamrock tank. That was the moment I decided to also make a small miniature project within the world of Valkyria Chronicles which I had known and liked since I first came to know the original game (or rather … its soundtrack).

I had a lot of 20mm figures left and some 1/72 scale tanks, which I figured to be perfect for my plan to recreate the equipment and figures of the game in small scale. They don’t need much space, are easily convertible and they don’t cost as much as 28mm figures and vehicles.

As some of my friends continued to do wargaming on WWII and I had so much stuff left, I soon decided to create a small force of Gallian troops for WWII skirmish games. Unfortunately it turned out that the game rules they were using rendered the Valkyria Chronicles scenario almost useless (due to balancing issues).
      So I continued creating models just for fun, using the whole anime scenario to set up the amusing story of a guy doing weird stuff.

It somehow got out of hand …

My little builds caught the attention of some guys organizing an annual local tabletop event called “Do or Dice” – and they asked me if I’d like to present some of my miniatures.
      I thought – wow – what an honor – but … it’s a tabletop event, not a miniature showcase event. So … hm. What to do?

Right! Create an own scenario.

Luckily I had acquired some left-over scale train terrain from my late uncle – and there were two grass mats measuring 100cm x 70cm.

Perfect for a small skirmish game. Reason enough for me to tackle that challenge.

Fortunately I’ve like 8 month or so left.

Well then – Let’s Make … Gallia to Arms!

Creating a scenario set in the Valkyria Chronicles universe requires certain elements.
      As I plan to use this thread as the main thread and create threads for the single elements of the game – Gallian Forces, Imperial Forces and Terrain – consider this as some kind of register for the different threads. I will frequently update the different sections, so stay tuned.

What do we need?

Gallian Forces

Gallian Army WIP Thread

Imperial Forces

Terrain

Terrain WIP

Game rules and scenario setup

Game supplies

Well then

Let’s make this:

Into this:

Or at least something that looks like it …
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)