Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RouterMike

Live
Hand of Glory: Modular Magnetic Gaming Miniatures

12 posts in this topic

The world's first hot-swappable gaming miniatures! A line of minis with interchangeable magnetic items to customize your loadout.

About this project

c44e29a15b8a861ceef76001e96c7c71_origina

How you think about gaming miniatures is about to change

Hand of Glory is a new type of gaming miniature with a very cool twist: each Hand of Glory figure and accessory is magnetized using tiny rare-earth magnets. This means for the first time, you will be able to change your character on the fly. This will literally change the game!

db4072055a6a6c074458f2c1fa208671_origina

Since everything in the Hand of Glory line is magnetized, your character can swap out weapons and items to use whatever your adventure calls for. Since all accessories work with all figures, you can easily customize your character’s loadout and pick up new items along your journey. You can level up your character, swap weapons with allies, and steal items from foes. Use Hand of Glory to tell your own story.

b8c47710e32557b088a8f4bf7ff82a79_origina

This project is inspired by open-world RPG video games, such as Skyrim and The Witcher (which, of course are based on D&D and other classic tabletop RPGs!). In the video game world, we love collecting and trading weapons, customizing loadouts for specific battles, managing inventory, experimenting with powerful dual-wielded weapon combinations, and searching for unique items along the way. We're super excited to bring this open-world video game feel back to tabletop gaming!

da9e62e2352a692d066f69fcb1067e4a_origina

c207ba7261aa70297e79fe1d6322ae6a_origina

Modularity and magnetism

Hand of Glory puts a new spin on traditional gaming miniatures. To achieve maximum modularity, Hand of Glory uses our proprietary rare-earth magnet system. First, Neodymium rare-earth magnets are installed into the figure’s arms. Then, magnetic steel plugs are installed into each accessory. This way, the polarity of the magnet does not matter, and the magnetism is just right: strong yet easy to swap while you play.

6f33e56d804d00802c31f667fd3d0abe_origina

High-detailed cast pewter

All of our highly detailed characters and accessories are cast in the US from the finest lead-free pewter and are easily paintable. Since the figures and items are cast separately, we can create unique character poses and highly ornate accessories that are not always possible with traditional miniature castings. The separated items also allow for easier painting.

0973318ca4ca1c60b54394dae83b5f9c_origina

c7d5a0a6a77c70e936e2187dc332bb2e_origina

There are 9 Heroes in this first collection, and 2 add-on figures. They are Heroic scale (32mm) and range in size from 25mm to 40mm. Each figure is made from pewter (unpainted) and includes a 25mm slotted base and rare-earth magnets to install into the arms.

6e75baf0b1188c167bd3fe96570eb23b_origina

9154e96fe5deee54ba35460e75a6da4a_origina

c129d396f6325ef7ffb50ff6f7b5a755_origina

5b8ddeece45aad3f1fd834fb77cab9c3_origina

4c256f852f53ce14b2ebc271e4d1e56e_origina

44314ea534fbb74763d5839f74934776_origina

4768b27171f5d8ab5002b0c496d1cc94_origina

64715ff7bcbe1031d84bf959e36bf140_origina

Each highly detailed pewter accessory universally fits on ALL of the figures. In our first line, we are offering 3 different weapon and item series, and a handful of add-on items. There are swords, axes, shields, warhammers, magical items, potions, crossbows, torches, and even a dragon familiar! We have over 100 unique items, and all of them can be used by ANY of the figures.

• The Basic Pledge includes Series 1 weapons & items (15 total accessories)
  • The Advanced Pledge includes BOTH Series 1 and Series 2 weapons & items (45 total accessories)
  • The Heroic and Legendary Pledges include ALL THREE Series (over 105 total accessories!) 
These accessories are included with all pledge tiers These accessories are included with all pledge tiers

These accessories are included with the Advanced, Heroic, and Legnedary pledge tiers These accessories are included with the Advanced, Heroic, and Legnedary pledge tiers

These accessories are included with the Heroic, and Legendary pledge tiers These accessories are included with the Heroic, and Legendary pledge tiers

b8e3833c7bb5da00a932878da8b6fea0_origina

*Each figure includes a 25mm base and rare-earth magnets, and each accessory set includes magnetic steel plugs. Figures and accessories come unpainted and unassembled and require just a bit of superglue to install. Each shipment will include a tool to help with installation. 

c558ef620897c7eeee359e8f458e3f8e_origina

45d67007d4a67d07be8c46752f2920b3_origina

058e2a102296c66de38c22dc3353361b_origina

0c97b64ebf35994ac78033a4bbc745f1_origina

c7af69001a9d28e1c8053428701ac71d_origina

c8defe2cd38f02a0d8ca8e19d6ab5dbc_origina

We need your help to spread the word about Hand of Glory, and the more we raise, the more stuff you will get for your pledge! Help unlock all of the free extras and additional add-on options by sharing HoG on social media, your favorite gaming forum, Reddit, etc. 

3243bbc3ad9f3cc940e1bf9f5335fa73_origina

0a824bc8f721590abc93692619ff1723_origina

f0ee66f976d2f2d2d3e71184f7979482_origina

Hand of Glory kits include everything you need to build your arsenal. Each pewter figure includes a plastic 25mm base, and rare-earth magnets to install into the arms. Each pewter accessory includes a steel plug to install into the hand (the direction of the magnet and steel plug does not matter during installation). Each shipment will also include a tool to help with installation.

We worked very hard to ensure that the parts are accurate and very simple and fun to assemble. They require only a small amount of superglue (we recommend using superglue gel!).

0b4ebc7893bb4474eb4ceecbd23157af_origina

Hand of Glory is made to be universally modular, which means that ALL current and future weapons and items will work with ALL current and future figures, and that will ALWAYS be the case! If we’re successful, we have lots of additional figures, weapons, and items in mind for future expansions, and we’d love to explore creating a game that incorporates the unique swappability of the HoG figures. Let us know in the comments what you’d like to see for version 2!

a650523d91b0b02670929925051e5aa4_origina

2 people like this

The numbers crunch to about a buck per metal cast.

Previous KS projects were under their Fire and Bone brand, which was for animal skull jewelry and display items. Go to the home page and look for yourself how previous KS campaigns went!

I wonder why they're running this under a different name. 

Anyways, I could have sworn that this have been mentioned here earlier, and that I had some reservations about the durability of the miniatures' arms?

My guess is that their previous brand's projects fell under "Product Design". But, yeah, good question to ask them, as well as your reservations.

Contacts are between metal and steel, so I'm assuming that the durability is as long as any metal or magnetized project, but still worth asking.

What I'm worried about is the soft arms and hands made of pewter. I'm worried about a lot of breakage there. Or that the hands and arms are way oversized to avoid breakage. 

Or that the magnet and steel pins are too small, really, to get a sufficiently strong bond. 

Some of those hands look like huge flippers.  I don't think I could stand to look at them.

Unless ... they're +4 Hands of Slapping.  Always handy when dealing with mashers or in a bar brawl.

5 people like this

8 hours ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

Some of those hands look like huge flippers.  I don't think I could stand to look at them.

Unless ... they're +4 Hands of Slapping.  Always handy when dealing with mashers or in a bar brawl.

Yeah having the right item or weapon (which I never feel the need for in an RPG) seems secondary to having huge hands... Super huge hands.

2 people like this

"The female sculpts will be tweaked to be more proportional for the final production molds."

They're talking about a second KS, so you can always wait. I'm just happy that I won't have to paint so many *bleeping* figures if I want some guy with a particular loadout!

Posted (edited)

Frying pan, Flaming Hand Set, and Demon skull unlocked!

Also: "We’ve decided to extend the $135 early bird to last through the weekend, so if you’re in the $140 group and feel like switching, go for it, and if you have friends you think might be interested in HoG let them know about this super secret extended early bird!

Now through tomorrow (Sunday, 7/16, 11:59 ET)

Edited by ced1106

"We sent out a few sample packs for bloggers to review and a few of the posts have gone up! Check them out here:"

EDIT: Nerds on Earth said you can pick up a piece by the attachment: "And if you try and move a figure by an attached weapon for instance, you get a spinning piece. To be fair, it doesn’t disconnect, but it does feel like it could be attached stronger. "

https://geekdad.com/2017/07/tabletop-kickstarter-alert-hand-of-glory/
https://nerdsonearth.com/2017/07/rpg-kickstarter-hand-of-glory-miniatures/

Edited by ced1106