malefactus

The Spooky Woods Photo Stage: Picture Heavy (NUTS)

18 posts in this topic

Really excellent.

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, Loim said:

Really excellent.

Thanks for the positive feedback, Loim. I am happy you like it; AND the morale boost is appreciated.

2 people like this

Beautiful work on this. I like how just about everything in the Blight has a face and an expression that hints of some kind of backstory. They kind of remind me of the Hurons that Treebeard warned Merry and Pippen about.

3 people like this

Great boards!

You have inspired me to try to make one myself. I'll be trying that soon.

I love them both.

*** Bwana emerged from the forest***

***See? I told you these forests weren't that dangerous!***

*** We have saved a lot of time, Beastly!***

*** Beastly? BEASTLY????***

6 people like this

9 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Beautiful work on this. I like how just about everything in the Blight has a face and an expression that hints of some kind of backstory. They kind of remind me of the Hurons that Treebeard warned Merry and Pippen about.

Thanks for the reply, Lord of the Dish Pit! I am happy you like the stage & the Faces.

I was doing possessed/haunted stuff for awhile, but I think the Faces may have been unconsciously inspires by Terry Pratchett's Reaper Man

All those Departed with nowhere to go had to turn up somewhere. SO they took over the Mushroom & Trees & such. 

3 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

Great boards!

You have inspired me to try to make one myself. I'll be trying that soon.

I love them both.

*** Bwana emerged from the forest***

***See? I told you these forests weren't that dangerous!***

*** We have saved a lot of time, Beastly!***

*** Beastly? BEASTLY????***

Thanks, X...glad you like them.

With your story driven miniatures a background stage would be perfect for you photos...give them a try!

5 people like this

Brilliant work as always, malefactus.  Your vision of the Blight is 100% pure nightmare fuel.  Looking forward to the next installment.

The Egg

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

those have to be the coolest backdrops Ive seen. the only criticism I have is that they might steal the show! They really do an excellent job of bringing your fantasy vision to life, though, and your style thrives in the greater context.

Edited by vulture
4 people like this

Goodness, this looks amazing!! I love all of the color!

3 people like this

25 minutes ago, Egg of Coot said:

Brilliant work as always, malefactus.  Your vision of the Blight is 100% pure nightmare fuel.  Looking forward to the next installment.

The Egg

Thanks, The Egg! I am glad you enjoyrd the stage & the resulting nightmare...the nightmare is an unfortunate side effect to some.

I have a board set up for the Street Scene Stage, but I've got another slightly longer one I'm thing about using...getting carried away is my thing.

20 minutes ago, vulture said:

those have to bee the coolest backdrops Ive seen. the only criticism I have is that they might steal the show! They really do an excellent job of bringing your fantasy vision to life, though, and your style thrives in the greater context.

Thanks for the reply, vulture. I am happy you like it,

Stealing the show is a possibility, but I how the miniatures & the stage will work to enhance each other. The thing is to create a story from the scene. 

18 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

Goodness, this looks amazing!! I love all of the color!

Thanks for the kind reply, Morihalda. I am delighted you like the scene AND the colors.

I do tend to get carried away with the vivid shades. SO a positive reaction to the colors is appreciated.

4 people like this

Fantastic work as always.  I am inspired to do something similar as I was using terrain as a backdrop for some pics, this is a far more aesthetically pleasing option.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, hosercanadian said:

Fantastic work as always.  I am inspired to do something similar as I was using terrain as a backdrop for some pics, this is a far more aesthetically pleasing option.

Thanks for the kind response, horsecanadian. I am happy you like it & happier still that you are moved to try it yourself.

It is an enjoyable project, & the photo possibilities are interesting. 

1 person likes this

For those Folk who like Goblins, this is the entire Bwana Bat Eye Hunting Party:

DSCN4853.thumb.JPG.46cb2eba2c608647a40e085bc897e5bc.JPG

...that is Percy, Scratch, & Rosin The Bow in the rear:

DSCN4854.thumb.JPG.6458187b8a5a66d29edc8bea76189adc.JPG

They were the volunteers for the Spooky Woods board by Heep's Place.

5 people like this

One thing I've wondered about your work, Malefactus -- are these used in some kind of gaming?  Or do you just enjoy making awesome dioramas for the sake of making awesome dioramas?

1 person likes this