Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
czebas

Scarlet and Sable tutorial videos

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys I put up a rust texture tutorial video on youtube. I'd appreciate if you have a little time to watch it and comment here or there about what you liked and what you didn't like and about what kind of content you would like to see. Thanks.

10 people like this

Great video. I appreciate your thought processes (maybe because it's about the same as mine). I'd like to see more of your techniques though.

Subscribed and waiting for the next one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lucian523
      Hi Everyone, I've decided to give the WIP thread thing a 2nd try. I hope 8 isn't too many mini's to include in one thread.
      But now I've got this idea that I'm going to paint them in an assembly line type fashion and see how that turns out.

The two mini's that I've already started on are the last two of the DGS mini's (on the right side)
      The two on left are both Reaper Mini's (Technic Captain & Eando Kine)

I used a hobby knife to saw away at Eando's right hand until I could separate his hand from his body, then I bent his arm until it was near a 90 degree angle. I then used a pin drill to drill out a slot in his hand,
      so after I attach halberd I'll need to fix his hand too. The halberd is modded too, I added the spear tip by pinning on the top portion of a sword blade. I kind of wish I had some sculpty material, but it
      turned out okay in the end.
      I also added the sword/gladius to the valkyrie, I didn't know if the hilt would interfere with her shield arm so I pinned it onto the back, I kind of wish it was on the side now, but it's too late for that.

Last but not least I bought 4 hasslefree mini's, I decided to try out the resin ones, these will be the first resin mini's I'll try to paint.
      I still have to wash these, the two mini's on the left I've already assembled, the one on the far right, I'm holding off on adding her shield until later, since it gets in the way of the face.
      The dwarf will also have a shield on his backside, I'm not sure if I want to attach it now or later.

The last picture shows the difference in scale, the dwarf is the shortest of the Hasslefree mini's and the Ragnar looking guy is the tallest. I may have a hard time painting their eyes.
      So I have 3 goals in mind for these mini's they are
      1) Use a lighter palate/selection of colors, all the last mini's of mine have had a very dark look, so I want these to be significantly lighter.
      2) Get better at shading the weapons, I'm going to try to use color blending on the sword/axe/spear blades
      3) To buy some basing material and give that a try on this round of minis (I may practice on a few old ones first).

Thanks for looking, I'll be asking for some tips/advice as I proceed with these.
    • By Thrym
      I decided to open a thread for all to use to report your latest mini purchases so we might oooo and aaaah at your shrewd bargaining or clever haggling (assuming your FLGS allows such a thing).

Obviously, this means I made a purchase last night at my Not-so Local but Friendly enough Game Store.

Field Report :: Tuesday, June 4th, 2014 :: Millennium Games, Rochester, NY

I approached the wall of Bones with a smattering of DHL expecting to find little I didn't already have.  Immediately, I find the Bright Orange from Vallejo.

Field Report Side Note :: Non-mini related :: Sort of because it has mini-ships in it

I found the recently released, and on my list of things to buy soon as money in hand, Firefly The Board Game expansion, Pirates and Bounty Hunters.

SCORE!

Now we can have 6 or 7 players on Friday game night.  YAY!

- Field Reporter Thrym, Dept. of Aquisitions
    • By ub3r_n3rd
      Good afternoon everyone!

I've finished this tabletop + figure for one of my Players in my Broken Gods D&D game, this is Cairan the Warlock (pronounced as Keer-awn). He's the god of Death and War (tactics), think Valkyrie or the goddess "Morrigan" from Celtic lore.

Anyhow, it took probably 4-ish hours do do this figure to the TT+ standard and I added an eagle or hawk familiar from one of the bones familiar packs to his shoulder painted up as a large crow as the character has a large crow as a familiar.

Sorry for blurry pics, my phone is not cooperating with me today!

Anyhow, C&C are welcomed and appreciated, thanks for looking!
    • By Rod G
      I'm interested in doing a chess set using Reaper Miniatures.

Recommendations please.
    • By Nakatan
      Welcome the living classics! My new project - Mordheim mercenary ogre. Those miniatures from GW golden age are kind of awkward - they are have some real character in it, but the sculpting is really not the top. IMO it still best modern GW 3D-printed dummies, but, well, there are lot of flaws and mistakes, common for newbie sculptors (i walked this path too, so i know how it looks). Well, that where Tamiya putty comes forward and fixes this. As you can see, i used some Tamiya putty on a grounded and partially painted model. Yes, this is as cool as it is! I think some minor work on his face will be a good idea. You can track this project flow on my Patreon page. I will be grateful for your support.

• Who's Online   37 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)