Pochi

Animal Companions 1 & 2 (Lots of Pictures!)

Good job!

BONUS POINTS for painting a WOLF!

My favorite though is the Wolverine!

Great work on that one!

Nice bases too!

• Like 3

as fancy as fantasy minis are, the familiar packs of our own earths little creatures are easily my favorite. there is something so nice about painting them. I think the wolverene is my favorite of the bunch; you really captured the look well. the basing really enhances the naturalistic feel perfectly, without swallowing them up. Great work, it was a pleasure to view and really cheered up my morning.

Edit: be aware, baking soda gets gross after a while. I did a number of minis with it and now, several years later, Ill have to redo 'em.

Edited by vulture
  • Like 8

Beautiful!  I am always amazed by your basing!  

I have asked before but please do a WIP when doing one of your bases so that we can follow along!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vulture said:

as fancy as fantasy minis are, the familiar packs of our own earths little creatures are easily my favorite. there is something so nice about painting them. I think the wolverene is my favorite of the bunch; you really captured the look well. the basing really enhances the naturalistic feel perfectly, without swallowing them up. Great work, it was a pleasure to view and really cheered up my morning.

Edit: be aware, baking soda gets gross after a while. I did a number of minis with it and now, several years later, Ill have to redo 'em.

I wondered if baking soda would either yellow or go mushy. Hmm. Maybe I just needed to let this dry and apply more layers. It looked all fluffy and....more when I did it and now just looks like a light dusting.

7 hours ago, hosercanadian said:

Excellen work overall.  The natural looking mottlig and patterns is great.

My only critique is that the wolverine needs more yellow and blue.

Blue? Hmmm. I used google to look at photos for reference. I do have yellow in there because I could see yellow in the photos but blue? Just curious where you would put blue?

6 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Beautiful!  I am always amazed by your basing!  

I have asked before but please do a WIP when doing one of your bases so that we can follow along!

Gah! I totally intended to and then forgot! Ok, I am cleaning house for a Christmas in July party tomorrow so stuff is put away. I promise I will do a WIP on my next base. You will be thrilled with how easy it is! I hate basing! lol

Thank you all! The little wolverine is my favorite too!

I still need to do the spider. Anyone know how to make web without the use of an airbrush? Maybe I will have it emerging from a little den or something.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hosercanadian said:

The blue and yellow is a reference to the Marvel comic book character Wolverine.

lol Now I feel like an idiot! Haha! Ok, I get it now. In my defense, I have only seen the live action movies.

I seriously was looking at my paint job wondering where on earth I should have put blue. Duh!

• Like 5

Super beatifull creatures. The ozelot is my favorite.

Edited by LarsM
  • Like 1

Congrats, they're all very well painted. The wolverine is also my favorite and I really like this animal. In French here in Quebec we call them Carcajou or sometime Glouton like in Europe. The Scottish call them Quickhatch and the First Nation Innu call them Kuekuatsheu. They say even bears will not mess with them and prefer to avoid their path. I had the chance to see two of them, but unfortunately it was in a zoo. Anyway, it look very good. I like the way you painted the fur and the eyes. The falcon is also stuning considering the small size of that model.

I didn't use artificial snow very often, but when I did I used Army Painted snow. It's easy to use and the color stays the same even after years.

Edited by Metalchaos
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Congrats, they're all very well painted. The wolverine is also my favorite and I really like this animal. In French here in Quebec we call them Carcajou or sometime Glouton like in Europe. The Scottish call them Quickhatch and the First Nation Innu call them Kuekuatsheu. They say even bears will not mess with them and prefer to avoid their path. I had the chance to see two of them, but unfortunately it was in a zoo. Anyway, it look very good. I like the way you painted the fur and the eyes. The falcon is also stuning considering the small size of that model.

I didn't use artificial snow very often, but when I did I used Army Painted snow. It's easy to use and the color stays the same even after years.

So interesting about the wolverine! I have seen one in the wild. I saw something in a ditch as we drove past so I turned around to see if it was really a wolverine and it was. They look so cute and cuddly! Haha!

I used Army Painter's snow....I am pretty sure it is the brand. A friend and I share basing materials and he poured some out into a little baggie....that sounds bad. Anyway, it was in a little round plastic container and he usually buys Army Painter stuff. I brushed glue on fairly thickly where I wanted the snow to be then sprinkled the snow on until it was heaped and covered all of the glue. I let it sit for a few then tapped off the excess. It just seems like after it completely dried it shrunk up or something and just looks like it snowed a little. I will keep experimenting!

Thank you all for your kind words. Animals are a much quicker paint job than people!

• Like 1