maxstyles

World Wide Miniatures Day turns 4!

I have done a horrible job of promoting it this year but I plan to attempt it again.  Anyone interested?

What: World Wide Miniatures Day 2017

When:  July 22nd (ish) – I say (ish) cuz it’s flexible.  If you can’t do it this day, do the next day, or the day after.  This event is designed to be fun and inclusive to everyone as much as possible.

Where:  Your place, your friendly local game store, your paint club, or where-ever you like.

What:  This is the fun part.  WWMD is a celebration of this hobby we love while enjoying sharing our obsessions with others who can truly understand.  Also to bring in new people to the wonder and engrossing pastime.

How:  We celebrate it by doing anything related to the hobby.  Anything!  Some activities include:  Painting, cleaning, prepping, priming, purchasing, trading, reading about, watching videos, organizing, talking about, driving to and from your FLGS, teaching classes, researching, playing games with miniatures, planning miniature game, building a gaming table, paint rack, display case, basing miniatures, collecting basing materials, writing posts or articles, photographing miniatures, constructing sentences with the word miniature in them.  Really ANYTHING that can be connected back to this hobby.

Cost:  Just your sanity

Motto: No rules.  No Prizes.  No regrets.

Why:  Really?  You have read this far and you are asking why?  The simple answer is – because we can and we should.  Why not?

Special Challenges

Marathon Challenge:  Can you do something miniatures related for 24 hours taking breaks only to eat and go to the bathroom?  This challenge is for you.  It is based on the honor system but it would be really cool to post pictures of your work in progress.

Half Marathon Challenge:  Same as the marathon only its 12 hours.

5K Challenge:  5 hours – you get the idea.

Complete any of the above challenges and pm me your address and I will send you a ribbon.  How cool is that?

• Like 11

Sweet, this just might coincide with a time when the gobbos are visiting the grandgoblins...

• Like 1

That weekend is all gaming, all the time.  So, I'll have to pass.  Unless I bring some paints to the store and paint while waiting for people to come in to demo.

• Like 1

Probably won't get any painting done, got a pinched nerve and/or carpal tunnel issues right now, but I've got figures to prep for paint and take next month.  I'll be thinking about you guys. 

• Like 1

I plan to join in! I'd like to go for the Full Marathon, but the half marathon is far more likely. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

What where when is this? Really ought to scan the first post. Now I have a question or two for the questions thread at least.

I wonder if any stores near me are participating. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 1

Going for the half marathon.  Good chance to get some of my near complete and forgotten projects out of the way.

Going to try for the half marathon while working on Ma'al Drakar....

• Like 2

I'm only going to commit to a 5K.  I get distracted too easily.

• Like 1

It's looking like I'm not going to be home for most of the day on Saturday, but I could probably do at least the 5K either Saturday evening or on Sunday. It'd be a good kick in the pants of motivation to get me back painting.

• Like 5

I think I'm gonna try for the marathon but I may only get to the half.  Gonna start tonight at midnight PST....

I'm kind of excited....  :)

I will try to post on my blog every hour or so....  Never know.....

good luck everyone.....  :)

• Like 5