8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just a little something from my Facebook page I thought I'd share here:

5967c992a3954_actionjackson.png.b4f16cf5d284fe53d859eafc4da5b8e3.png

Four years since I painted my first Bones miniature!  Horace "Action" Jackson was one I bummed from a friend who got his Kickstarter delivery earlier than mine and gave a simple paint scheme based off the classic Luke Cage "Power Man" outfit.

It feels like it's been a lot longer.  I must have over a hundred painted by now...and next month, we have the next Kickstarter!  Crazy.

Edited by Lidless Eye
Photo didn't load!
12 people like this

That's a good memory jiv-turkey. hahahah! 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That's really great!

Here's mine from a June 2013.  I agree it's hard to believe it's been four years.  I have to say the Bones Kickstarters have really changed my painting abilities, and what I have in my painting queue over the years.  They've also led me to meet a lot of great people here in the forums!

IMG_4613.JPG

And here it is; that first glorious box.  I can still vividly remember the thrill of it's arrrival and opening for the first time.  It was the most minis I'd ever purchased and received in one fell swoop! 

IMG_4614.JPG

IMG_4615.JPG

Edited by Chris Palmer
8 people like this

Here's my first painted Bones, I'm not sure from when exactly in 2013, and the first figures I've painted in some years (please note, the barrow rat in the background is not Bones

post-9284-0-59109800-1366282594_thumb.jpg

The first ones with half-way decent lighting on the photo are these:

post-9284-0-70578100-1368441545_thumb.jpg

8 people like this

5 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

That's really great!

Here's mine from a June 2013.  I agree it's hard to believe it's been four years.  I have to say the Bones Kickstarters have really changed my painting abilities, and what I have in my painting queue over the years.  They've also led me to meet a lot of great people here in the forums!

IMG_4613.JPG

And here it is; that first glorious box.  I can still vividly remember the thrill of it's arrrival and opening for the first time.  It was the most minis I'd ever purchased and received in one fell swoop! 

IMG_4614.JPG

IMG_4615.JPG

I actually bought that Mr. Bones Mini recently, hope my paint job comes out that good:)

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I actually bought that Mr. Bones Mini recently, hope my paint job comes out that good:)

Thank you! 

1 person likes this