Argentee

Five Bones A Day for 30 days! (Completed!)

what? how do you even.... 

really ambitious, and this will give you a huge pile of minis ready for the table, but don't burn yourself out. 

My ambitious plan to get through my bones 2 backlog is 3/month, which leaves me some hobby time to paint new fun things. 

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

How is this working out for you?

Very well! I've finished prepping a bunch of skeletons and zombies and I'm in the middle of prepping some terrain (are bookshelves and beds terrain? I've never been clear). Then I have to decide between prepping some monsters or prepping more heroes. 

Edited by Argentee
Are tables terrain?
  • Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guildenstern
      Finished the bases for these two 'statues'. I picked a more sombre kind of theme, almost winter or fall, as I thought it looked better with these than a bright, summer theme. 

• By Guildenstern
      Here's my take on this cute little guy. I tried to do more glazes on him than the way I normally paint, and his eyes are violet, which I think came out ok. Wishing I'd been able to get the huge mold line off his head but oh well. He's still adorbs.

• By Lidless Eye
      I hadn't even realized when I began on these three that they were all from the "Castle Stoneskull" expansion from Bones III.  It was a great set for adding to the random encounters for an RPG.

These guys may represent some of the high-level dangers that one could encounter while dungeoneering in Castle Stoneskull!

The Behir.  I've been wanting one since a buddy pulled one from the first Huge set of D&D prepaints.  They even show up in Pathfinder's "Reign of Winter" and D&D 5E's "Storm King's Thunder", if only I had had this guy in time for those campaigns!

Brain-in-a-Jar.  While I was hoping this would be a human brain, it's still a really cool design.  I wonder why the legs are traditional bendy bones instead of the hard plastic that makes up the rest of the mini (minus the squishy brain), though.

The mighty Minotaur!  Bones has a lot of representations for Minotaurs now, almost as many as Orcs or Goblins.  There's the one from pre-Kickstarter, 2 adventurers in Bones II, and the whole set of Minitaurs coming in Bones IV!  Plus all the Beastmen if you want to count them, I've seen them used as medium Minotaur PCs enough times.

This guy is my favorite, though.  Must be the Gladiator armor.

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      As mentioned elsewhere, I'm running some Savage Rifts, so I'm in need of a bunch of Big Stompy Robots. Now while I don't have any Rifts specific ones (mostly because as far as I know they have never been made), I do like me some Big Stompy Robots.  As we're playing using 28 mm figs, that ruled out CAV, Robotech, etc.  But, as luck would have it, do have some others. So the first one I'm building is West Wind's SOR-G03, the Tiger Mecha.  I recently received this as an add-on from their Panzermech Kickstarter.  When I ordered it I didn't really realize quite how big it actually is.  This thing is massive!!

This is where I'm at so far.  Just glued the lower torso to the base.  There will be some gap filling to do around the feet, but that's not bad, its just dirt and rubble so should be easy to add to.
      The turret is all prepped and I've been prepping the many metal pieces (the ones on the paper are ready, the stuff on the mat is for the next session).
      I haven't done much resin (not to say I don't own lots, just none of it is done ).  I'm tempted to magnetize the center pivot, so the turret could rotate.  A couple issues with that though: 1) I need to find my magnets, 2) I got my magnets for Robotech (6mm scale) so I'm not sure I have anything big enough, 3) I've never done magnets with resin, 4) I've never done magnets with that much surface contact, so don't know what wear on the paint would be like.
      Thoughts?

Paint scheme will be using the late war German paint colours from Scale 75, as I got those most of a year ago for the panzer I was going to do during the actual Panzermech kickstarter (and which is still sitting on top of my desk in a baggy).
      Secrets of the Third Reich takes place in 49 (with the war having not ended) so that seems appropriate.
      I'm not planning on using an airbrush (since I still haven't learned to use mine...sigh, or even have it set up currently). So we will see how it goes.  At least it is smaller than Khanjira.

• By Darcstaar
      Here's my final batch of new painted figures.
      Bones Giant Centipedes.  A staple encounter for low-level adventurers.
      Still inspired by Reign of Winter.  Sadly, Mr. Red got into the snow of Mr. Blue's base!
      Enjoy.
      C&C Welcome.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)