Argentee

Five Bones A Day for 30 days! (Completed!)

68 posts in this topic

Augh!  Brown recluses!

:smiley hiding under a chair:

-- no wait, that's where THEY are ...

:smiley in armor with flamethrower:

6 people like this

But you're still going to leave the spiders out, right? :devil:

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Pingo said:

Augh!  Brown recluses!

C'mon, now. No need to shout at me. 

2 people like this

15 hours ago, Pingo said:

Augh!  Brown recluses!

:smiley hiding under a chair:

-- no wait, that's where THEY are ...

:smiley in armor with flamethrower:

It's ok. My players have the same response to Giant Spiders. Kill it with fire seems to be the default. 

9 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

But you're still going to leave the spiders out, right? :devil:

Not OUT... but maybe in the bin where I store his birthday and Christmas presents before the occasion... :devil:

6 people like this

Ugh! The spider is the only one of the animal companions I have left to paint for one of my players. Creeped myself out looking at reference photos and it remains unpainted! :wacko:

Have you looked at the Gooty Sapphire Ornamental Tree Spider or the Purple Bloom Tarantula ??

1 person likes this

Day 29: Colder than a Harpy's....

... if you value your life, don't finish that sentence. And for goodness sake, let her closer to the fire!

IMG_3436.thumb.JPG.3efebc544c601aa0e5e4879c740044c7.JPG

I added chest armor to the harpy to make her forum-friendly. And since the fire can be used separately from the fireplace, I count them as two minis.

Day 30: Finally done! So I used alcohol ink then washed most of it off with alcohol for a faint blue.... doesn't count?!?  

IMG_3438.thumb.JPG.7918df5166ec10f072cfb7e2a6de7399.JPG

has to be actually painted? Ok then... 

IMG_3439.thumb.JPG.5f1d6940aec5fbbfa876eebcec0f0054.JPG

Too small? They're called miniatures! And yes, I had most of the painting done on previous days so they just needed a wash...

You want a proper finale? Ok. I can do that. 

IMG_3441.thumb.JPG.379cb0ef69299eb5250db9efe5d4519f.JPG

I would like to thank everyone who liked or commented on this thread. Your encouragement helped keep me going. 

19 people like this

Yay! Good job finishing 150+ miniatures in a month!

*busies himself sweeping up the charred remains of Argentee's sanity*

4 people like this

The palomino unicorn turned out real nice.

2 people like this

Awesome!

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Yay! Good job finishing 150+ miniatures in a month!

*busies himself sweeping up the charred remains of Argentee's sanity*

Thanks! Can you bag those up for me?

IMG_3447.thumb.JPG.b220a8100948e5fe879d1fc8310dc1e8.JPG

17 people like this

Cool to see them all painted like that!

I learned a lot with doing this.

• Being held accountable (since I needed to post updates) was a huge motivator for me.
  • My brush control improved a lot, and I'm not flooding minis nearly as often.
  • Good enough is... good enough. I don't need to spend 10 hours on a mini that's going to be bumping around in a ziploc bag.
  • Base-coat Red in Mahogany Brown and work from there.
  • Ritterlich Blue is just as Pretty as it is evil to work with.
  • The yellowish-beige I'm looking for is Reaper's 'Dirty Bone'. It's ALWAYS Dirty bone.
  • Buying the core set in the Bones IV KS is totally justifiable. :lol:
12 people like this

Like the unicorn a lot! Good jerb, and congrats on the challenge!

4 people like this

Congratulations!  You did great!

3 people like this