Darcstaar

Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition

133 posts in this topic

Since many games have stalled waiting on one player, do the "regulars" have any interest in Rise of the Runelords?

I have read through 80% of it.

I'd be OK if you've played some of part I, but not read it.

If there is interest for 4 players, I'll put up character creation rules.

I've never really played Pathfinder but I'd be up if someone can help me with character building...

Never read it or played it, only Pathfinder module I've ever flipped through was Pact Stone Pyramid.

1 person likes this

No problem, I can definitely help you and your colleagues would be more than willing, I'm sure.

Uhhm, maybe?  Depends on whether the other games I'm in are dead or on hiatus.  Games I'm in don't seem to have a great track record for sticking around.  Maybe I'm cursed?

What books and whatnot were you thinking of allowing.  If nothing else, creating characters is always a good way of killing a day or three. 

Yeah, I'd be up for it. A dwarven ranger maybe.

If you are willing to have me, I would be willing to give it a go.

So, Dwarf Ranger would do well in this campaign.

I'm thinking Core Rulebook, Advanced Race Guide, and Advanced Players Guide, but I want to limit it to the 11 core classes from the Core Rulebook, so if you want you can tweak the classes with those options.

I'll try to dig up a link to the Rise of the Runelords campaign traits.

This AP like most, has very high skill check DCs in a lot of different skills, so build your party with a broad range of skills.

Looking for 5 players.

If one player is unresponsive for 30 days, I'm taking over to "bot" that character until the player returns.  Posting a character assumes you agree to this.

You need a rogue.

You need a cleric focused on healing.

You need a wizard.

I just can't see how alternate classes like gunslinger would thrive in this campaign, which is why I want to limit it to the 11 cores.

There will be time for magic item creation at least in between most of the books, so I'd recommend the party take some of those feats eventually. 

1 person likes this

I like to play frontline combattants so something that fills that role works for me. I'm guessing in Pathfinder that's Fighters, Paladins and Barbarians?

I'd like to try my hand at it again, considering the last attempt (2.5 years ago!) petered out.

Can I go ahead and reuse the same character? I know you said the 11 core classes, but I really want to try a utilitarian/skill based summoner.

1 person likes this

I can play anything, including a healbot if needed.  I haven't played a cleric in a while, and they used to be my favorite back in the day.

Ok then dwarven ranger it is. If nobody else wants to trapfind, I can find a way to work it into my character, with Darsc's permission of course.

Is there another way to build a trapfinder than with a rogue?

If you need a 5th, I can be your PC. I'll play whatever the party needs, thou no gnomes.... ::):

Haldir, we may be full.  If someone drops, you're next up as an alternate.

Cranky, that character concept is fine, but I'd have you reroll the stats per my method.

It would also put your character into the "wild card" position, which would require DR to somehow get trapfinding into his ranger.

If DR wants to do this, it could be as easy as changing the archetype to an "Urban ranger."

If DR doesn't want to be an Urban Ranger, I'll let him swap out Endurance for Trapfinding at 3rd level, and he can add Disable Device as a class skill at 1st level.

The player's guide is available for free from the Paizo website.