Darcstaar

Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition

104 posts in this topic

I've got Thassilonian covered (Scholar of the Ancients trait) covered.  In case people want to coordinate skills, I'm proficient in  Diplomacy, Use Magic Device, Religion, Heal and History and Spellcraft, In the future I'll be taking Sense Motive, Nature and Linguistics.  And then I can help round things out.I also have a free language in case we need to fill a gap.

I'm definitely not a front line fighter, I plan on casting support and healing spells, and then shooting things.

WIP character here: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1272341

I'll put a rank into Knowledge  (dungeoneering) and  (geography). Also will have acrobatics  (via the reckless trait), climb, craft (weapons) (armor), disable device, perception, stealth and survival.Languages will include goblin and giant. 

1 person likes this

I have Hero Lab installed, so I'll be able to limit my choices to the books you listed. I'll try to rebuild a character this evening.

Going with best 3 of 4d6, re-roll 1s; I rolled: 10, 12, 13, 15, 16, 16 (only three re-rolls of '1'). Before any racial modifiers.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Darcstaar said:

Those should make a serviceable summoner.

Those would make a serviceable... anything!

Mine too.  I didn't roll a single one until rolls rolls 5 and 6.  They they all came out to play.

We should probably cordinate cantrips as well.  I plan on guidance and resistance, leaving one spot open for either light or detect magic.

Just want to wish you guys good luck with this. My shot at this one kind of piddled out, but it's a great story. 

1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

Just want to wish you guys good luck with this. My shot at this one kind of piddled out, but it's a great story. 

Yah my endeavor into RotR also piddle out after a great start.

For those that have never played & don't want to ruin the story, please don't read:

Spoiler

Party got all the way up & almost at the end of the Glassworks Area

If I want a couple scrolls, do I pay the base price or since I have Scribe scroll can I craft my own for the start of the game?

These are my rolls. I am otherwise undecided about anything.

17, 10, 16, 13, 10, 14.

What sort of frontline martial would complement the party best? Fighter, Paladin, Barbarian??

Depends.  Anything could really work.  Although, if you wanted to go barbarian, my Community domain power allows me to remove the post rage fatigue condition.

Or you can be a goody two shoes paly and fight and eventually heal and cast some spells.

Or a heavyly armed and armored anvil to the rangers hammer.

Really make something you will have fun playing.

My dwarf ranger will be with breastplate and either dwarven waraxe and dwarven maulaxe or dwarven waraxe and heavy shield as he feels the cicumstances warrant.

1 person likes this

Well that's the thing, I got a lot of ideas.

Human or half-orc barbarian with a nice big axe...

Human viking fighter or barbarian with a nice big hammer...

Snakeman gladiator... (not even sure what class would work. Is there even some Roman Gladiator-style armor in any PF splatbook?)

Something I could make work as Andre The Giant/Fezzik...

A catfolk barbarian or fighter who's searching for a fabled sword...

Daton Sungold (although given how his last two adventures are at a complete standstill maybe he carries a curse)

Sadly my rolls were all too high to do the dumb-as-bricks orc barbarian I once did as a party-balancing NPC for a one-shot. He'd need a 5 int after racial modifiers to work appropriately.

3 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

If I want a couple scrolls, do I pay the base price or since I have Scribe scroll can I craft my own for the start of the game?

Full price.  Sorry.  It's definitely good for the flavor and backstory that you made your own, but for starting gold it all has to count full.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

Thanks SR.

What's crazy is I had a character in it, but it was so long ago and so brief, I didn't remember until I read through it.

It seems like someone on it got sick, so it fizzled.

1 person likes this